CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > Hen House

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
cockinraleigh
MountainCock
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
acejrock
carolina_corpsman
donbgamecock
RGHoskins
GoldenSpur7
NC State already pre (1704)
Home Opener vs UK (1660)
Kick Returners? (742)
Contrasting first 2 (727)
Happy Birthday Coach (330)
Tiffany Mitchell WNB (237)
More Bad News For Fl (122)
Need 2 for Kentucky (15)
Need 2 tickets to KY (10)
Best tv antenna (2)
Best tv antenna
Home Opener vs UK
2018 - Josh Vann
Shirt for the season
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
More Bad News For Florida
Position Unit Preview: De
2018 - Channing Tindall
Felder Arrested

Old 02-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #1
feisty
Gamecock Fighting

Female

CockyCash: 1025572
feisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to feisty
Lightbulb Applesauce brownies

Has anyone used applesauce to replace oil in brownies ... did they taste good?
feisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82
Default Re: Applesauce brownies

A friend of mine did that one time and I couldn't tell the difference. I didn't even know it was in there until she told me.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
feisty
Gamecock Fighting

Female

feisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot materialfeisty is USC mascot material

I tried them on my roommates a little while ago. They said they were good but tasted cakey.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #4
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyminx View Post
I tried them on my roommates a little while ago. They said they were good but tasted cakey.
I guess it depends on if you like cakey or fudgey brownies. Me? I just like brownies. Lol.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
feisty
Gamecock Fighting

Female

Lol Me too.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

i've heard of that, not sure if i've ever tasted them with the applesauce but it sounds yummy
Old 02-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #7
feisty
Gamecock Fighting

Female

I'm going to make some more -not much else to do when you're snowed in- and add some melted chocolate to the batter. I'm thinking that might make them a little richer.

I've been reading up on substitutions and apparently bananas, pumpkin and prunes are sometimes used. Can you imagine if your guests pigged out on prune brownies?
Old 02-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #8
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

LMAO @ prunes...whoaaaa...get the spray ready!
Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #9
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

Quote:
I'm going to make some more -not much else to do when you're snowed in- and add some melted chocolate to the batter. I'm thinking that might make them a little richer.

I've been reading up on substitutions and apparently bananas, pumpkin and prunes are sometimes used. Can you imagine if your guests pigged out on prune brownies?
That would just be bad...for everyone. Lol.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

CockyCash: 79300000
c-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
LMAO @ prunes...whoaaaa...get the spray ready!
I made them with x-lax once....

What I make with my hands I give with my heart

RIP #11, Forever To Thee
c-girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:43 AM   #11
feisty
Gamecock Fighting

Female

We used to joke about giving those to teachers in school. Who'd you make them for C-girl?

I think you may need to share that recipe
Old 02-06-2010, 01:20 AM   #12
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-girl View Post
I made them with x-lax once....

My friend's mom did that one time, trying to teach her over-weight daughter a lesson, but her husband ended up being the one eating them! Talk about you're all-time backfires...
Old 02-06-2010, 01:39 AM   #13
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

I have substituted applesauce in place of the oil when I made brownies once. It didn't taste different, but there was definitely a difference in the texture. I haven't done the substitution since. I figure I don't eat brownies that often anyway so if I'm going to make them, I'm going to use all the fattening stuff and just enjoy them!
MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:38 AM   #14
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

c-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot materialc-girl is USC mascot material

Quote:
We used to joke about giving those to teachers in school. Who'd you make them for C-girl?

I think you may need to share that recipe
I was in the 10th grade & did it as a dare. The brownies were given to some of the Spartanburg High football players.

I went to Dorman...
Old 02-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #15
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSpurrier82 View Post

My friend's mom did that one time, trying to teach her over-weight daughter a lesson, but her husband ended up being the one eating them! Talk about you're all-time backfires...
Oh my...
Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #16
feisty
Gamecock Fighting

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEL View Post
I have substituted applesauce in place of the oil when I made brownies once. It didn't taste different, but there was definitely a difference in the texture. I haven't done the substitution since. I figure I don't eat brownies that often anyway so if I'm going to make them, I'm going to use all the fattening stuff and just enjoy them!
I'm going to bake some ooey gooey ones today for everyone on Sunday but my roommates are training to climb some mountain so I'm trying to make some for them. Everyone coming on Sunday is bringing a healthier version of something to eat. It's going to be interesting.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #17
MEL
RIP Feisty & C-Girl

Female

CockyCash: 3000500
MEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot materialMEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm going to bake some ooey gooey ones today for everyone on Sunday but my roommates are training to climb some mountain so I'm trying to make some for them. Everyone coming on Sunday is bringing a healthier version of something to eat. It's going to be interesting.

That does sound interesting. Maybe you can share some recipes from what people bring. We can all benefit from eating healthier!

MEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #18
feisty
Gamecock Fighting

Female

My friend Rob is making bison sliders. Not sure about anyone else. I'll let you know.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:00 AM   #19
c-girl
51 and proud of it!

Female

Sooo how did it go feisty
Old 02-14-2010, 09:19 AM   #20
feisty
Gamecock Fighting

Female

All my brownies were gobbled up and no one knew the difference between the applesauce, half apple half oil, and full fat. I thought the half ones were the best.

The bison burgers and chili were so good. Rob used wheat slider buns, low fat cheese and some sort of mushroom sauce. One of the best burgers I've ever had.

I ate too much and didn't move a whole lot during the 2nd half.