CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Three and Out
SwampFox
Captain9Dragons
TRBTB
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
Frosty
SanAntonioCock
Latest Vandy Crimina (435)
Rumored Challenger H (359)
Thoughts on music ge (208)
Favorite Guitarist (151)
We Don't Use Star Ratings
Official Baseball Coachin
Phil Steele
2018 - Jabari Ellis
Dozier Signs With the Lak
2018 - Stephon Wynn
2018 - Dorian Gerald
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Which Restaurant Do You M
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn

View Poll Results: Who is the best of these Gamecock RBs?
Brandon Bennett 82 15.92%
Harold Green 144 27.96%
Steve Wadiak 42 8.16%
Thomas Dendey 11 2.14%
Duce Staley 217 42.14%
Johnny Wright 5 0.97%
Kent Haygood 14 2.72%
Voters: 515. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 04:51 PM   #1
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins
Default All-Time Gamecock Team - RB (Poll)

Alright guys, time for the second position of our All-Gamecock Team. To be fair to George Rogers, I am going to deem him #1, given that he won the Heisman and all. We know he is going to be #1, so let's have a legitimate poll for who is #2.

So this is for second team. Who is the best of the rest?

All-Time QB Poll
All-Time WR Poll
All-Time RB Poll
All-Time TE Poll
All-Time LB Poll
All-Time DB Poll

Last edited by CockyHoskins; 01-07-2007 at 10:36 PM..
Old 05-16-2005, 05:59 PM   #2
buzzcock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
buzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to buzzcock

I have no stats to describe Harold Green running against the likes of Nebraska, FSU or ND in Columbia..........but, I'll take him OR Thom Dendy. they were both GREAT running backs; both slashers.....

Do not underestimate the heart of Rob DeBoer or lil#21 from Ohio (sorry, I've gotten so old I can't remember his name :O the short term memory stinks)
GO COCKS!!!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:01 PM   #3
CockyHoskins

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material

DeBoer and Brewer are going to be part of the last poll. You'll see.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
buzzcock
Recruit

Male

buzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPitbuzzcock rules the CockPit

Old 05-16-2005, 10:14 PM   #5
USCKEN
THE AzzKickinChicken

Male

Best USC Fan 2005: Award given to the best fan for 2005 - Given for: being voted the best USC fan of 2005 
CockyCash: 200
USCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot materialUSCKEN is USC mascot material

where is kent haygood? you know you can't have thomas dendy without kent haygood. dendy was the better back. i just had to put a plug in for a former wren hurricane! duce was my pick, but harold and brandon were fun as hell to watch with the ball! just ask them georgia fans!! sept 1st can't get here soon enough!! wr poll will be very interesting!!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 01:31 AM   #6
snoopcockycock
AQUACOCK

Male

CockyCash: 20500
snoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot materialsnoopcockycock is USC mascot material

all of those guys were excellent backs, and although rogers was fun to watch and a great back, usc has never had a more exciting running back than harold green! this guy was absolutely incredible. he defied physics! he was once flagged for leaping over an erect man! i'd never heard of that rule, but the tv announcers were having a field day with the call. he was really something to watch; poetry in motion!

Tact is for those who are not witty enough for Sarcasm...
Old 05-17-2005, 07:04 AM   #7
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

I agree Hagood should be on here. Let's not forget about Kevin Long and Clarence Williams. They both rushed for 1000 yards in the same season I think in 1975. Long was also our 1000 yard back in 1974 I think. Can't give Wadiak a fair shake because I never saw him. All that said I still would have voted for Harold although Brandon broke Larry's heart.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:10 AM   #8
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

I was surprised to see Duce winning. Duce was a great back. He could cut harder than anyone we have ever had. He was only here a couple years and fought injuries during that time. If he had been here 4 years my opinion may be different. He is obviously one of the best we have had at the next level but I would put Brandon and Harold ahead of him for their days as Gamecocks. NOBODY could go in from 2 yards like Harold. When we got inside the 3 with Harold it was going to be 6 and everybody knew it.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:22 PM   #9
lockman22
Walk On

lockman22 has hatched from the shell

what about Earl Clary, TheGhost from Gaffney
Old 05-17-2005, 05:46 PM   #10
buzzcock
Recruit

Male

[quote:9c06757545=\"lockman22\"]what about Earl Clary, TheGhost from Gaffney[/quote:9c06757545]

I dated the Galloping Ghost's daughter (Gayle, I think it was) while at Carolina. She never talked much about his exploits. Good point to include him too!
Old 05-17-2005, 05:48 PM   #11
wincrimson
Walk On

wincrimson is developing his combwincrimson is developing his combwincrimson is developing his combwincrimson is developing his combwincrimson is developing his combwincrimson is developing his combwincrimson is developing his combwincrimson is developing his comb

I voted for Duce Staley.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:37 AM   #12
buzzcock
Recruit

Male

How about Dominique Blasingame? He had the best 'name' of all the running backs.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:54 PM   #13
dshocker
THIS SPACE FOR RENT!

Male

CockyCash: 200
dshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot materialdshocker is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to dshocker Send a message via MSN to dshocker

I think Bennett did more for his team than any of these other names.
Old 06-04-2005, 12:43 PM   #14
CockyHoskins

Male

Default Re: All-Time Gamecock Team - RB (Poll)

[bump] WR poll coming next
Old 06-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #15
Crazy_Gamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 282
Crazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot materialCrazy_Gamecock is USC mascot material

one of my favorites was Mike Dingle. It was great to watch him jump over the pile. I voted for Duce though because I remember the Kentucky game in Lexington when there were 4 or 5 UK guys on him and he broke out and ran like 60 yds for the TD.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:23 PM   #16
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPit

The website is telling me I already voted, but I did not. So, if I could have voted it would have been for Harold Green. Duce was good, but so full of himself I can't possibly vote for him.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:54 PM   #17
Cocktane-Man
Walk On

Male

Cocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talons

Where is the love for Brandon Bennett? Isn't he second all-time behind big George? I like Duce but I think Brandon did more in a gamecock jersey.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:04 PM   #18
mickeyrivers
Game MVP

Male

mickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to mickeyrivers

harold green, baby! it was a tough one btwn green and bennett. i'm not old enough to remember some of these names, so i really couldn't be fair to them unfortunately.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:59 PM   #19
Lil Jerry Seinfeld
The One and Only

Male

Lil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudlyLil Jerry Seinfeld is crowing loudly

Behind George, I would put Bennett
Old 07-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #20
CockyHoskins

Male

Finally, Bennett is getting a little love. IMO, he was the best with the ball (other than Big George & probably Wadiak who I never saw)