CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
thekob
Ace Dilcock
Spurticus
TastyLicks
JerseyBird
Master Bedroom
2017 SEC Tournament: (1783)
What jumps out at yo (728)
Music Thread: Day 15 (441)
Sedee Keita to trans (434)
Baseball: South Caro (139)
2 Football Tickets f (13)
Game time set for NC Stat
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
2018 Commitment - Maxwell
2018 - Josh Vann
2018 - Matthew Hill
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Lindy's and Athlon's are
Sedee Keita to transfer
2 Football Tickets for Ev
Anyone know where I can b

Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #41
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Re: Mac Miller and Wiz Khalifa

I'm a fan of Drake. I think he has some clever punchlines. He just catches shit for using a blackberry to store his rhymes and his past on Degrassi. His problem is that he wants to be an artist that can drift between R&B and Rap. He went through a small stretch of releasing a bunch of soft stuff and the bloggers were saying he was falling off then he put out "9 a.m. in Dallas" where he SNAPPED. That is when he is at his best, IMO.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #42
CoverTwo

Male

CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeave09 View Post
Obviously a big pretty big Wiz fan by my picture but I agree that he is getting very repetitive now with some of his newer stuff and he may very well be a fad. I like a lot of the new stuff just for band parties and stuff we've had chiddy bang who actually wasn't very good and Chip tha ripper is another one I like, just don't seem to meet a lot of people who know who he is
Dude, I TOTALLY forgot about Chip Tha Ripper .. I knew I was forgetting someone. Absolutely love his style. His flow is addicting. His low/raspy voice blends well over simple boom-bap type beats.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #43
Fear#5
New and Improved

Male

CockyCash: 249940200
Fear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot materialFear#5 is USC mascot material

I've never been a really big fan of Jay Z but don't get me wrong, he's far from garbage. He doesn't release a lot anymore but a lot of his older songs I like. He helped build rap and hip hop.

I like Drake. He has a good flow and I like a lot of his rhymes.
Fear#5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #44
chiefs84
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 23990290
chiefs84 is developing his combchiefs84 is developing his combchiefs84 is developing his combchiefs84 is developing his combchiefs84 is developing his combchiefs84 is developing his combchiefs84 is developing his combchiefs84 is developing his combchiefs84 is developing his combchiefs84 is developing his comb

Wiz is definatly one of my favorite rappers! Rolling Papers is so good
I have also become a fan of Lupe Fiasco
Old 04-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #45
DCGamecock5
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 126000149
DCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
What do yall think about Drake?

He is my favorite rapper and I especially like his songs that he has with Weezy.
Drake is pretty good don't think he could make it without Weezy but he caught Weezys attention which isn't easy to do. Wayne doesn't like a lot of rappers even though he's turning into what he doesn't like.
DCGamecock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #46
Truly Cocky
Anonymous

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material

People need to listen to OFWGKTA, the best rap group right now by far in my opinion.

Tyler the Creator is a madman.

Also Earl Sweatshirt is going to be the best rapper in the game by the age of 25.

SWAG SWAG!!

Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #47
Wiz Khalifa
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
Wiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPitWiz Khalifa rules the CockPit

Who is Wiz Khalifa?
Wiz Khalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #48
Darth Visor
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000866
Darth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot materialDarth Visor is USC mascot material

Ok, maybe I took it a little far with the "garbage" comment. I've heard all of his stuff and just never liked him. I honestly just hate his voice.

Best Day Ever by Mac Miller is a great mixtape to listen to. Disappointment? I don't think so.

And Wayne better come out with The Carter 4 quick because Wiz has FULL control of the game right now.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #49
DCGamecock5
Banned

Male

DCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot materialDCGamecock5 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Visor View Post
Ok, maybe I took it a little far with the "garbage" comment. I've heard all of his stuff and just never liked him. I honestly just hate his voice.

Best Day Ever by Mac Miller is a great mixtape to listen to. Disappointment? I don't think so.

And Wayne better come out with The Carter 4 quick because Wiz has FULL control of the game right now.

Who's he competing with Waka Flocka and Gucci?

Because he's not close to the lyrics of Wayne Em Jay Z or Kanye.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:02 PM   #50
CoverTwo

Male

It's a sad day when Wiz Khalifa is 'running the game'

Old 04-12-2011, 05:46 PM   #51
jellafever
Make CAROLINA Great Again

Male

CockyCash: 49439155330
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

I did like Wiz, and still do (his older stuff); but his new album is a straight sell out. So not like what it was about his music that originally drew me in. I mean there's still some residue of what he once was but it's hard to find now.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #52
jellafever
Make CAROLINA Great Again

Male

CockyCash: 49439155330
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Visor View Post

You might think so. But I guarantee you if Jeezy dropped a new album tomorrow, you'd see how trivial and insignificant Wiz truly is in this "game".
Old 04-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #53
DCGamecock5
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
You might think so. But I guarantee you if Jeezy dropped a new album tomorrow, you'd see how trivial and insignificant Wiz truly is in this "game".
Jeezy? or Weezy? But yeah Wiz is so far down the line it's insane to say he has control of anything.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #54
I Bleed Garnet
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGamecock5 View Post
Who's he competing with Waka Flocka and Gucci?

Because he's not close to the lyrics of Wayne Em Jay Z or Kanye.
And you know what I feel like even with their Ignorant Crunk southern rap style (I guess that's what you call it?)

They are getting huge Nationally and getting played EVERYWHERE. Doesn't mean they are good or anything but they seem to have a following.

I like wiz but i was thinking this does it Seem that he always says Champagne or says it in a lot of his songs?

One guy I like is Wale. He's gotten play recently because he has "sold out" to go with those more ignorant guys like Waka Flocka and Roscoe dash, along with putting Lady Gaga in his song a couple years ago. He's said before on his mix tapes he doesn't want to do that, but sometimes in order to get listened you need to put out something that everyone will listen too, doesn't necessarily mean it has to be good but get involved with other people (Like Gaga and Waka Flocka)

Wale's old mixtapes were great.
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #55
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGamecock5 View Post
They are okay just another fade in fade out. Rap needs an icon thats not lil wayne.
theres plenty
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #56
GamecockSuperFan
Gun N' Run

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

i feel like wayne writes all of nicky minaj's raps, and drake definitely got his delivery from wayne. they all worked together on the youngmoney label.
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #57
Salty Cock
Beer Pong Champ

Male

CockyCash: 98090200
Salty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPitSalty Cock rules the CockPit

Rap sucks unless your tokin
Old 04-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #58
Cockykevin
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 100200
Cockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot materialCockykevin is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Cockykevin

New Wiz video I like:

I still listen to Curren$y although he is not new to the game. I also wish Juice would have gotten more help from The Game cause he actually was real good.
Cockykevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #59
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

Just waitin for Tha Carter IV....
Old 04-12-2011, 07:51 PM   #60
DCGamecock5
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
theres plenty
There's a bunch of old guys who don't make albums anymore sure.