CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Take-a-Knee
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
6pack
GoldenSpur7
kick_ball
JDuro
Blitzkrieg
jdaniel
Lavar Ball calls out (627)
WBB Asst. Coach Rumo (621)
Last Three Years (471)
Suggestions for Game (417)
A big game hunter ha (324)
Playstation Plus (311)
Sling TV Opinions (280)
2019 - Brendan Gant (269)
Cayce gator (213)
The toughest and eas (160)
2018 Recruiting Class (Ma
Lavar Ball calls out Kyri
2018 - Zamir "Zeus&q
WBB Asst. Coach Rumors
The toughest and easiest
2018 - Jalen Carey - PG
2019 - Brendan Gant
2018 - James Mitchell
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Vegas sets over/under for

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #21
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cockytalk Pracitice Report: 8/3/11

what is the deal with Ahmad Christian, is he going to be on Campus...he does do both football and baseball correct. i hadn't heard whether he would be going pro or not
Old 08-03-2011, 11:44 PM   #22
cmiller12777
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 230
cmiller12777 is developing his combcmiller12777 is developing his combcmiller12777 is developing his combcmiller12777 is developing his combcmiller12777 is developing his combcmiller12777 is developing his combcmiller12777 is developing his combcmiller12777 is developing his combcmiller12777 is developing his combcmiller12777 is developing his comb

“We thought about it and said, ‘Well, why not have the fans here?’ ” Spurrier said. “I noticed all those pro teams they let their fans come, and it seems like us college boys we think we’re not supposed to let them come. We’re going to keep it open for at least a week or two, might as well. We don’t have any secrets to hide out here.”
Old 08-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #23
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Alright so:

1. I'm really glad to hear that Clowney has, so far, lived up to the hype and the issues of figuring the little stuff out is normal so I'm not worried about that.

2. This report has reminded me of how much freakin' potential and new talent we have on the team.

3. Isn't Drew Owens the one that only dropped 1 pass in all his high school career(or something to that nature)? At any rate, I look forward to seeing what he does in the coming years.

4. I've heard some raving reviews about each Carson, Ellington, and Wilds. I am pumped to see what impact they make to our depth(Ellington is obviously in a slightly different role, but still).

5. I hope we figure out the punting situation soon.. but it sounds promising.

6. I'm really excited to see the role that Kenny is pushing himself to get into. He and Marcus can be like a double-barreled shotgun for us.. I was really REALLY impressed with Kenny's efforts in the Spring game and he seems to have added some bulk.

7. I'm anxious to see where the Garcia/Shaw battle will go. I think it'll really help Shaw push to learn and get the position to head up next Spring.(Of course, he'll get a good bit of playing time this season as well, just saying when the time comes.) Also, it'll be interesting what McEvoy will do(I expect him to RS, though if the coaches think otherwise I'd be alright with that.). I really hope to hear some stuff with Thompson, because I know he's been doing work as well to help out the team.

8. Only 1 more month.... and it can't come fast enough.

Oh and I forgot to bring attention to this.

Quote:
"The tempo was just excellent, I thought." - Ellis Johnson
I cannot express how cool that was to read.. I mean come on, Ellis Johnson hardly ever gives rave reviews like that.

It's like hearing Darth Vader giving a really nice compliment.

man I'm ready for football
Old 08-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #24
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-girl View Post
ankle weights? sounds like we need to hook up a sled with a few redshirt players hanging on for a ride!
Well gotta find something we can use in a game...if he sacks the QB on every play, no one will ever score on us....what fun would that be?
Old 08-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #25
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
what is the deal with Ahmad Christian, is he going to be on Campus...he does do both football and baseball correct. i hadn't heard whether he would be going pro or not
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask about that.

I was wondering that myself..
Old 08-03-2011, 11:53 PM   #26
JT21
#Team Good QB Play

Male

CockyCash: 500
JT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudlyJT21 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
He was there, only mention of him I saw in the reports was that he was in the group fielding punts. Not expected to go pro, according to tbs. Not sure on his baseball status, but I assume is technically a walk on for baseball.

IMO from his high school highlights he could be a very good return man. Fast and uses his blockers extremely well.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:59 PM   #27
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Ah, football! Thanks for the write up . . . excellent job as usual!

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 08-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #28
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

CockyCash: 500
AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

IT SMELLED LIKE FOOTBALL AT THE PROVING GROUNDS TODAY....MY FAVORITE SMELL...AHHHH.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:06 AM   #29
gamecock4life709
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200800
gamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his combgamecock4life709 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
He actually got tired of having to slow up when he got to the QBs, and
wanted to Hit Somebody. . . . Toward the end of the 11 on 11, he ran
through the stopsign (so to speak) and ran into McEvoy without wrapping
him up for a tackle. Knocked Mc back about four steps and the coach
had to run over and tell JC to chill !! . . .God help the QBs of our
opponents when we take the leash off this guy

Loved this comment. As always great report Spurt thanks for taking the time to do it!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #30
75CarolinaFan
Gatorade Poster of d Year

Male

CockyCash: 100200
75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material75CarolinaFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
The nicest play of the night from the 11 on 11 though came on a really nice looking, and well ran Wheel Route from Garcia to Shon Carson. Shon lined up in the backfield and after a fake to him on a draw, Carson slipped outside the right tackle and was at full speed up the sideline. Garcia threw a nice arch about 15 – 20 yards down the sideline to a spot, and Carson ran under it and took it in stride, running by the defenders on the way to the completion. Really nice looking play there !
How many times did we overthrow this last year? Several sure TDs lost because of it. Good to hear Garcia put some nice touch on it.

Thanks for the report, Spurticus. Ready for some football!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #31
GamecockSmitty4
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 11799998
GamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot materialGamecockSmitty4 is USC mascot material

Awesome report Spurt. Thanks. Sucks cuz I was in Cola today but couldn't stay for practice. Anyways, only thing I'm worried about with Clowney is being over-aggressive. He'll have to learn to tone it down on early plays because teams could kill us with the HB screens.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #32
GarnetBlack&Blue
Burp Guns and Trust Funds

Male

CockyCash: 121120
GarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot materialGarnetBlack&Blue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSmitty4 View Post
Awesome report Spurt. Thanks. Sucks cuz I was in Cola today but couldn't stay for practice. Anyways, only thing I'm worried about with Clowney is being over-aggressive. He'll have to learn to tone it down on early plays because teams could kill us with the HB screens.
IDK, I'm no defensive guru, but if he's really that much of an every down play changer then let the big dog eat and have the LB's mark the RB to deal with that... if we're in that situation I'd feel comfortable leaving that in the very capable hands of Shaq.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #33
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

I SMELL VICTORY!!!
Old 08-04-2011, 01:53 AM   #34
Herbie3
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 4520
Herbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot materialHerbie3 is USC mascot material

Who rear-ended Alshon?
Old 08-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #35
pantera17
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1057615
pantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot materialpantera17 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie3 View Post
Who rear-ended Alshon?
Probably Garcia.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:05 AM   #36
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

i'm just reading the reports and giggling.. this will be the longest month in the history of the world.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:53 AM   #37
uscsaxplaya
WACCO FOR FLACCO!!!

Male

uscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talonsuscsaxplaya has developed his gaff and talons

sooo what do we do with all these freshmen hahaha

and any news on the freshmen (other than clowney) on d?

Go Cocks!
Old 08-04-2011, 03:17 AM   #38
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 2234214115266
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Any nick jones news. glad to hear about sanders playing well in the slot. I'm excited to see the little guys exploit the middle off the field.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #39
Gamecockfanatic4
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 4567500
Gamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot materialGamecockfanatic4 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to Gamecockfanatic4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
He was there, only mention of him I saw in the reports was that he was in the group fielding punts. Not expected to go pro, according to tbs. Not sure on his baseball status, but I assume is technically a walk on for baseball.

IMO from his high school highlights he could be a very good return man. Fast and uses his blockers extremely well.
I doubt Him and Carson end up playing Baseball

Old 08-04-2011, 05:01 AM   #40
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSmitty4 View Post
Yeah, he has a lot to learn about the fundamentals of playing college
level Defensive End, but IMO early on, you just put this guy in the lineup
for a series or two every quarter and just say "Go Git Sum", and let this
guy reek havoc in the backfield. Brad Lawing is a good coach and Lawing
can work on him with the details as the season progresses. Right now we
need to let this guy play freelance and utilize his speed to cause as much
disorder as possible in the backfield. We might get burned a couple of
times, but he'll do much more harm than good until he can learn the
basic skills.