CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
SanAntonioCock
Spur's Addiction
Blitzkrieg
Ironfan
kick_ball
TastyLicks
MountainCock
Master Bedroom
Three and Out
D. English & M.L (689)
2017 Gamecocks Offen (619)
4 new transfers sear (561)
Hot dogs (500)
eclipse fly over (378)
Bad luck that surrou (102)
110 out of 111 playe (95)
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
Bad luck that surrounds S
This could be trouble
2017 Gamecocks Offensive
Rico Dowdle
D. English & M.Lewis
2018 - Reuben Unije
Hot dogs
110 out of 111 players te
The difference between 7

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #21
Shep
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29235087
Shep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot material
Default Re: COCKYTALK PRACTICE REPORT: 8/6/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
we're going to be a lot better at LB then a lot of people think
I think so as well, ETG. I was never concerned about the LB's.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #22
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1700
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
...trying to
catch kickoffs inside the 5 yard line when they should let them go into
the endzone for the touchbacks.
I assume you mean letting punts go inside of 5 yard line. You definitely would want to field a KO there.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #23
OVGC7
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
OVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talonsOVGC7 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryThingGreen View Post
we're going to be a lot better at LB then a lot of people think
I wasn't ever really worried. Paulk, Wilson, D.Jeffery, Q.Smith, Gilchrist, Bowens, etc. We're set there. Our front 7 is going to be ridiculously talented with a lot of depth. Just need the secondary to step up.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 PM   #24
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Spurt for President! Thanks for all the super reports you consistently accord all of us out of town fans.

How much do you think our secondary contributed to the average offense this morning? How would you rate my man Jerideau so far?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #25
1966gamecocks
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 22000
1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous1966gamecocks is making other chickens nervous

What's the word on AJ CANN. Ain't heard a word on em.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #26
Shep
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29235087
Shep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966gamecocks View Post
Weird, but you are right, I haven't heard anything either. Anyone know what is going on with this guy?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:00 PM   #27
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockOla View Post
Spurt for President! Thanks for all the super reports you consistently accord all of us out of town fans.

How much do you think our secondary contributed to the average offense this morning? How would you rate my man Jerideau so far?
JERIDEAU 10/10 in the weight room, would love to hear what the coaches have to say about his progression on the field though.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:29 PM   #28
snoopy
Blue Chip

snoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurssnoopy has earned his spurs

Thanks for the report Spurt.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #29
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

coach elliott didnt mention cann specifically in one of the videos, but he said he liked the starting 5 then mentioned davis and patrick as the backups at left guard and broome as the backup at right guard. so thats basically an endorsement of cann at left guard.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #30
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockOla View Post

I would love to say the secondary was making the offense look bad, but
that wasn't the case. Underthrown balls to guys who had beaten the defenders,
and just some bad reads by the QBs was the issue here. The past two
days there was some outstanding work by the DBs to deflect or pick off
passes, but today, I have to put that on the offense just not being
sharp.

As for Jerideau, (My Opinion) . . .I think he'll do a better job than
Ajiboye did. When you can lose a guy like Ladi and say you upgraded
when you replaced him, that says a lot, but I think strongly this will be
the case here. Byron is a big boy, with some great athleticism for his
size.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #31
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966gamecocks View Post
Not getting much work with the two deep right now. Struggling with
the drills too. . . He's got some work to do.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:20 AM   #32
nicstockman
Allway’s wright

Male

CockyCash: 31812298
nicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot materialnicstockman is USC mascot material

Thanks again for the report Spurt. I thought practice looked a bit slow and definitely not as intense today as well. Even saw one of the passes hit the receiver in the back. It happens. I just hope we get it all out of our system now.

What's going on with Spurriers right knee? Noticed he had a wrap or something on it.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:31 AM   #33
NotKyle
The Hero Rides Again

Male

CockyCash: 200
NotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot material

Quote:
sharp.

size.
That's a good point. I really think Ladi was one of the most under appreciated players we've ever had. It wasn't our pass rush making us top 20 against the run.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #34
Freehawk
Starter

Male

Freehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandogamecock View Post

this is why we practice.
But we as fans seem to push the panic button
No "we" about it. Just a few nervous nellies, who always have something to get nervois about. recruiting, spurs, weather, whatever.

I agree with Allen Iverson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I
Old 08-07-2011, 01:08 AM   #35
Freehawk
Starter

Male

Freehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot materialFreehawk is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicstockman View Post
What's going on with Spurriers right knee?
He's an old guy. I saw a picture of him playing golf with that wrap on
Old 08-07-2011, 06:48 AM   #36
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not getting much work with the two deep right now. Struggling with
the drills too. . . He's got some work to do.
That's strange after AJ had a good spring and was projected as a starter. With his lack of experience, you'd think they'd be working him hard to see if he's going to be in the mix.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #37
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1668234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

eh the slower pace isnt really a problem. thats bound to happen. it was an adjustment witht he morning practice.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:58 AM   #38
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I hope AJ can get it figured out at LG. I remember he had a pretty good spring at that position. Hopefully he can get it going in the next few weeks and officially nail down his starting job.

The offensive line is my biggest concern. I know we're only a week in and there's a long way to before the season starts, but I'm really hoping this unit can come together and perform well. I think Coach Elliott can make that happen though.

Last edited by garnet_black215; 08-07-2011 at 12:14 PM..
Old 08-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #39
Pho308
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2050
Pho308 is developing his combPho308 is developing his combPho308 is developing his combPho308 is developing his combPho308 is developing his combPho308 is developing his combPho308 is developing his combPho308 is developing his combPho308 is developing his comb

Last practice of the week? Is there not one tonight? Was hoping to go :/
Old 08-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #40
CockOla
Game MVP

Male

CockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudlyCockOla is crowing loudly

Quote:
sharp.

size.
Thanks again Spurt. Great news on Jerideau. With our O getting much better and our D getting deeper and stronger, can't wait to see us running the scores-up on most of the teams we play. Go Cocks!!!
Closed Thread