CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
rabid cock
GregoryHouse
Order 66
Flameout12
Spur's Addiction
Master Bedroom
carolina_corpsman
SanAntonioCock
JerseyBird
GA Mangus has a new (877)
Paul Allen finds the (326)
WBB 2017-18 Season a (287)
Jerry Lewis (244)
The Importance of Mi (235)
Another US Ship Coll (126)
Happy Birthday CockA (86)
Happy Birthday 1SCfa (77)
2017 High School Football
The Importance of Michael
2017 Roster
2020 - Tonka Hemmingway
Official Countdown Thread
Home Opener vs UK
2018 - Dylan Wonnum
Harvick: Dale Jr stunted
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Rollcall! : NC State

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #21
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material
Default Re: COCKYTALK PRACTICE REPORT: 8/7/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Nice report as usual. You sure you have the numbers correct on O line? The TBS updates the last few nights have had Cann working at 1st team LG.
No . . I got the number right, but I said Right Guard, and it should have
said Left Guard. ..... My Bad
Old 08-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #22
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53775483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgamecock1981 View Post
Did some sort of explosion happen when Clowney and Marcus collided? Perhaps the earth titled off its axis just a tad?
No explosion witnessed...doesn't mean the explosion didn't take place though...I know that sounds cryptic...

...remember Rocky III when Apollo and Rocky got in the ring to spar and they both throw a fast punch to each other's heads?...now the universe froze in that moment just before they both made contact but the atom-splitting destruction of the boxers' swings surely ripped a hole in the space/time continuum...the movie then continues in an alternate universe where the aftermath of the collisions was not an extinction-level-event....well, gamecock nation is now in an alternative universe where the meeting of Lattimore/Clowney did not turn the Earth into a supernova-cum-blackhole....

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
Old 08-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #23
clemson sucks
Hot Take Maker

Male

CockyCash: 2477208
clemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot materialclemson sucks is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to clemson sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
No explosion witnessed...doesn't mean the explosion didn't take place though...I know that sounds cryptic...

...remember Rocky III when Apollo and Rocky got in the ring to spar and they both throw a fast punch to each other's heads?...now the universe froze in that moment just before they both made contact but the atom-splitting destruction of the boxers' swings surely ripped a hole in the space/time continuum...the movie then continues in an alternate universe where the aftermath of the collisions was not an extinction-level-event....well, gamecock nation is now in an alternative universe where the meeting of Lattimore/Clowney did not turn the Earth into a supernova-cum-blackhole....

I have always wondered what the aftermath of that moment was. Thanks for clearing it up.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:44 PM   #24
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Gamecock View Post
From everything i saw at practice on Sautrday, Nunn was getting the reps at Lt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT21 View Post
Ah. I'm guessing they moved them around quite a bit, since it was mentioned that Watkins has been getting plays at LT as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
If Nunn was getting reps at LG, who was getting the reps at LT?

I know Coach Elliott has said that Shell is working at LT, so could it have been him?
Guys y'all forgive me for the confusion. . .those were Typos (been a long
day for me). AJ Cann was playing LEFT tackle, I put Right Tackle, and
Kyle Nunn is our starting Left Tackle (not Guard) Rok Watkins is the two
guy behind Nunn at Left Tackle

Last edited by Spurticus; 08-07-2011 at 11:56 PM..
Old 08-07-2011, 11:47 PM   #25
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbie3 View Post
Spurt some of those bad throws tonight, is any of it poor route running by the WR's?

Thanks for the report. I'll hang-up and listen.
Wish I could say it was, but unfortunately, it was just bad throws.
I wouldn't get too worried about it right now. First two nights were indications
of what the guys can do, and I'm sure some off days like this are going to
happen. As for Garcia, he's never looked really impressive during practices.
Always seems to save his best play for when it counts.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #26
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCgamecock1981 View Post
Did some sort of explosion happen when Clowney and Marcus collided? Perhaps the earth titled off its axis just a tad?
Loudest Clash of the night . . . That was funny, just the look and their
expressions. It's like neither of them believed what happened. !!

Old 08-07-2011, 11:54 PM   #27
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves29690 View Post
Thanks Spurt! Whose doing the best out of the db's? And do u think any of the young db's will play? Like martay mattox or sheldon royster
Gilmore is looking good again. He's the best of the group. I've been
really impressed with Vic Hampton myself. Good skills and the kid can
leap ! Great athletic ability and a good nose for coverage. Sharrod
Golightly looks to be like the best of the Freshmen. Royster (IMO) will
Redshirt if we can afford it. He is fast and athletic, but not quiet on the
level as some of the other freshmen DBs we have.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:56 PM   #28
lilhornet
Great to be a Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 25074528
lilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot materiallilhornet is USC mascot material

Anything on Kadetrix Marcus?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #29
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhornet View Post
Anything on Kadetrix Marcus?
Best guess is that he will be a Red Shirt as well. Mainly getting work when
the third / fourth unit offenses are up.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #30
Pappop
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPitPappop rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Wish I could say it was, but unfortunately, it was just bad throws.
I wouldn't get too worried about it right now. First two nights were indications
of what the guys can do, and I'm sure some off days like this are going to
happen. As for Garcia, he's never looked really impressive during practices.
Always seems to save his best play for when it counts.
I was just thinking that Spurt. Don't remember ever reading a great practice report on him. I'll take the great days on game day.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:21 AM   #31
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Everybody has been saying run defense will be Clowney's biggest test. I feel like him stepping up and stopping Marcus is kind of a big deal.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #32
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

We'll be in top shape on the line, with clowney pushing the line and getting those boys a good look at a strong DE. I think it's just fatigue on the Qb's and everyone on offense. Give them a good rest and I think you'll see a difference next practice. Plenty of time to get the engine well tuned and ready too run!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 AM   #33
MillerTime843
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1135301
MillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot materialMillerTime843 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 View Post
Everybody has been saying run defense will be Clowney's biggest test. I feel like him stepping up and stopping Marcus is kind of a big deal.
Yeah, but did he just get lucky on that read, or was that just instinct. Ya know.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:39 AM   #34
Shep
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29235087
Shep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot materialShep is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
Yeah, but did he just get lucky on that read, or was that just instinct. Ya know.
Thats kinda what I was thinking.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:21 AM   #35
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime843 View Post
If you want the short version - I think showing flashes of excellence this early in practices at an aspect of the game that is expected to be his weakness is a big deal.

If you want the long version:

I didn't mean to say that he knows everything he needs to know about defending the run and he's an RB killing machine, but he was able to step up and stop a guy that I'm sure most on here believe will at least be invited to the Heisman ceremony. Maybe his run defense won't be quite as big of a weakness as everybody seems to think it will be. Everybody pretty much expects that Clowney will only come in on passing downs. If in his 5th(?) practice he's showing that he has some ability to defend the run (apparently very well since Marcus isn't one to get stood up), it seems that that could point towards him seeing the field a lot more this year. He still has basically a month to continue learning about defending the run. This would be excellent, because then teams couldn't use up tempo offenses to help keep him from getting subbed in.

Then again maybe it was luck, and we'll only get to see Clowney on third and long.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #36
inCOCKnito

CockyCash:

Nunn is going to benefit from going against Clowney/Ingram in practice. I'm sure it's putting his 7'1" wingspan to full tilt! Still Nunn is a monster and I feel like he's one of the best o-linemen we have. I expect great things from this practice matchup!

Old 08-08-2011, 01:49 AM   #37
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 200
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by inCOCKnito View Post
Nunn is going to benefit from going against Clowney/Ingram in practice. I'm sure it's putting his 7'1" wingspan to full tilt! Still Nunn is a monster and I feel like he's one of the best o-linemen we have. I expect great things from this practice matchup!
Yup..

I'd say that Nunn and T.J. Johnson are the leaders of the O-line.

As well as a few others of course.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #38
brace
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
brace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudlybrace is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
Loudest Clash of the night . . . That was funny, just the look and their
expressions. It's like neither of them believed what happened. !!

Not the first time these two have clashed! Byrnes scrimmaged south point 1n 2009 and Clowney left a lasting impression on Latti.
Check it out!
Old 08-08-2011, 06:15 AM   #39
Yankee Gamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 26001129
Yankee Gamecock has earned his spursYankee Gamecock has earned his spursYankee Gamecock has earned his spursYankee Gamecock has earned his spursYankee Gamecock has earned his spursYankee Gamecock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brace View Post
Not the first time these two have clashed! Byrnes scrimmaged south point 1n 2009 and Clowney left a lasting impression on Latti.
Check it out!
Clowney is def a beast.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #40
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

I don't think Clowney has a weakness against the run. That misnomer may have come from everyone thinking of him as a sack machine, therefore must be poor against the run.

He is an intelligent, instinctive football player and those that run against him will not find it easy.
-----------------------------
For Spurt --- Any signs of Coach Butler stealing Clowney away for some ST work?

I imagine with his ability, he would have a chance to block some field goals or imagine him lining up over the DS (usually a smaller guy than the normal Center). That might cause some quick snaps or poor snaps as he worried about getting smashed more than the snap.