CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Spur's Addiction
Three and Out
Blitzkrieg
SanAntonioCock
GregoryHouse
kick_ball
RGHoskins
Rooster'srule
smoovecock
This could be troubl (1277)
First home game, und (1036)
The difference betwe (880)
Kansas City Royals: (366)
2019 - Jaelin Humphr (355)
Hot dogs (290)
D. English & M.L (284)
eclipse fly over (96)
2017 Gamecocks Offen (86)
2018 - Jonathan Gipson
2017 Signee - Keisean Nix
Rico Dowdle
2018 - Channing Tindall
The difference between 7
2017 Gamecocks Offensive
2018 - Bryce Thompson
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 - Raiqwon O'Neal
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #41
SportyCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
SportyCock is sharpening his clawsSportyCock is sharpening his clawsSportyCock is sharpening his clawsSportyCock is sharpening his claws
Default Re: COCKYTALK PRACTICE REPORT: 8/7/11

For those who are worried about the various "off" nights different groups are having, it seems to me that we always see extra speed and crisp passing before the pads go on, then a drop offas they do, then a recovery off the passing but not all the speed as the players get adjusted to the pads. It is just the pads, that is all.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #42
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Great report Spurt!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #43
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1668234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Good read, thanks.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #44
sgacock
Two Deep

Male

sgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPitsgacock rules the CockPit

Who was (supposed to be?) blocking Clowney on the "explosion" play?
Old 08-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #45
Mr. Burns
No Soul

Male

CockyCash: 487756
Mr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot materialMr. Burns is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
One of the loudest hits of the night was when the offense ran a sprint draw with Marcus Lattimore, and Clowney happened to read it well, and stepped into the gap that Marcus ran into. Clowney stood Marcus up and held him there as the whistle blew. The two kind of looked at each other for the moment as if Clowney was shocked he had made the play on Marcus like that, and Marcus shocked he had been stopped cold by Anybody !
An unstoppable force meets an immovable object. Hulkster vs. Andre 1980.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #46
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgacock View Post
Who was (supposed to be?) blocking Clowney on the "explosion" play?
To be honest I didn't see who it was. Towards the end of practice, they
mix some of the first and second unit players in with the "others" who are
getting reps by then, so it's difficult to tell by some of the players in the
game who the first unit player are at the other positions. (saying), because
Marcus was running the ball, it had to be the first unit offense so it would
have been Kyle Nunn, BUT the QB who handed the ball off to Marcus was
Seth Strickland, and DL Moore was the WR on the side of the line where
this all happened, so unless I just happened to look at who was up at
Left Tackle on that particular play (which I didn't) there's no way to
know without video. It was one of the few times Marcus stayed in
position and even moved toward a gap in the line. Usually when he's in
he takes the outside route into the backfield and tries to blow things up.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #47
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1550000
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Anyone have anything on Eric Baker? I read a good bit of the practice reports and may have missed some talk, and if so, I appologize for asking again.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #48
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
Anyone have anything on Eric Baker? I read a good bit of the practice reports and may have missed some talk, and if so, I appologize for asking again.
Spurt posted in one of the earlier ones I believe. From what I recall, it sounds like he's doing well, but with guys like Latti, Miles, Carson, and Wilds out there too there's not a lot of room to shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #49
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
Eric is a guy who continues to look good on the practice field, but
unfortunately, (like so many at RB AND other positions), he's mired in
a large talent pool. He gets to run the ball in the drills, and some toward
the end of Skels and Full Team Drills, but his primary duties right now is
checkdown receiver and used on some screen passes. He has become this
years "Bobby Wallace". I really do hope Eric can get in some of the games
this fall. The guy continues to work his ass off, and never questions his
role here. He looks very good running the ball, but so does Marcus, Kenny,
Brandon Wilds and Shon Carson etc..... It'll be tough getting meaningful
PT in that crowd.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #50
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cackô View Post
Spurt posted in one of the earlier ones I believe. From what I recall, it sounds like he's doing well, but with guys like Latti, Miles, Carson, and Wilds out there too there's not a lot of room to shine.
^
There you go

Old 08-08-2011, 10:45 AM   #51
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1550000
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Thanks guys. I too hope Eric gets some play time. He has been with us for quite some time and never really saw the field.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:09 PM   #52
bobbycock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1034230
bobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPitbobbycock rules the CockPit

I was looking at clowney's stats from last year. He had 162 tackles, 29.5 sacks, 29 tackles for loss, 11 forced fumbles, 6 fumble recoveries, 43 quarterback pressures, and 5 defensive touchdowns. sounds to me he is pretty well balanced. but only coaches can really know what he needs to work on. but it seems to me it is safe to have him in under any circumstances. but i understand that pass rushing is his forte. it gets the most attention.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #53
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

I'm OK when they close the practices, but like being there when the
coaches allow it. . . . I am disappointed that they are practicing in the
morning now though. The practices right now are still open, but work
keeps me from going out there to see what's going on. Hopefully there will
be enough information coming in to give us our fix while they practice
in the morning hours.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #54
GAMECOCKFANCARDS
Walk On

Male

GAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spurs

i know this has nothing to with this thread, but i noticed on the gamecocksonline web site that it said that the players can sign the posters provided at the fan appreciation day, and it said dont bring other items for players to sign. I came last year and they would sign anything that you brought, mini helmets, photos, footballs etc., i was wondering do they always tell you not to bring other items or is this something new they are asking, please feel free to give me some info on this.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #55
jfbreb94
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 615
jfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPitjfbreb94 rules the CockPit

Spurt thanks bud
Old 08-08-2011, 08:16 PM   #56
GAMECOCKFANCARDS
Walk On

Male

GAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spursGAMECOCKFANCARDS has earned his spurs

i am new to this posting a thread thing, can someone tell me how to start a new thread.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:21 PM   #57
tgobbel
Semper Fi

Male

Location: From Greenville, SC Now I live in, Southern Indiana
CockyCash: 600
tgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot materialtgobbel is USC mascot material

Thanks again Spurt! Very well done. I can visualize the practice while reading your report...Great stuff.
'Life is one big road, with lots of signs, so when you're ridin' through the ruts, don't ya complicate your mind, flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy, don't bury your dreams, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live.'
--RNM

Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 PM   #58
Cheezy
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1001240
Cheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot materialCheezy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMECOCKFANCARDS View Post
i know this has nothing to with this thread, but i noticed on the gamecocksonline web site that it said that the players can sign the posters provided at the fan appreciation day, and it said dont bring other items for players to sign. I came last year and they would sign anything that you brought, mini helmets, photos, footballs etc., i was wondering do they always tell you not to bring other items or is this something new they are asking, please feel free to give me some info on this.
I'm sure with the signing memorabilia issues going on in other parts of the SEC, we don't even want to get close to messing with anything like that.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:01 PM   #59
GAMECOCKFANCARDS
Walk On

Male

thanks cheezy for the info, but my kids are going with me and they want to get a couple of mini helmets signed by the team, and we have two magazines with alshon and marcus on the cover and they want to get these signed by them, i guess what your saying is we shouldnt bring them.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:07 PM   #60
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMECOCKFANCARDS View Post
I would imagine that with all the NCAA stuff going on with Ohio St. and Alabama, and with players signing memorabilia, that that's the reason for the new restrictions....
Closed Thread