CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Three and Out
SwampFox
Captain9Dragons
TRBTB
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
Frosty
SanAntonioCock
Latest Vandy Crimina (435)
Rumored Challenger H (359)
Thoughts on music ge (208)
Favorite Guitarist (151)
We Don't Use Star Ratings
Official Baseball Coachin
Phil Steele
2018 - Jabari Ellis
Dozier Signs With the Lak
2018 - Stephon Wynn
2018 - Dorian Gerald
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Which Restaurant Do You M
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
khosk
Administrator

Male

CockyCash: 110599
khosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot material
Default Message from Feisty's brother

I am Jaymie's brother Mike. I apologize for the late response. I read her blog on Cocky-talk for the first time today. I wanted that to be a place for her to vent away from her family. Jaymie's last blog entry to you all was January 15th. She had not been eating and her nurse at Moffitt suggested she be hospitalized. After tests the doctors determined that she had Thrush, a virus in her throat that made it difficult to swallow. She was given medications for that and was feeling better briefly but her tests came back showing cancer in the fluid around her brain. After a few days of thinking over her options, she decided she wanted to go home and just take medicine for the pain. Because she needed full time care, she was approved for Hospice, and on January 20th, she was transferred to a Hospice facility in Bradenton. My wife Karen and Karen's mom were with Jaymie alternatively during each day. I stayed with her in the evenings and overnight. As her condition advanced, she received wonderful 24 hour care from Tidewell Hospice. Our mother was given a ride down from South Carolina to be with Jaymie. Jaymie's aunt from Oregon was able to come out and be with her for a week as well. Jaymie slept almost all the time in the last few days, and passed away in the early hours of the morning on February 10th. I was sleeping on a couch next to her bed every night. Until the last few days, she battled with the nurses to get out of bed, even though her legs couldn't support her if she made it. She maintained that feisty spirit until the end.

I am in the process of sending letters to all of those who cared for her during her fight. I wanted to send a special THANK YOU to her friends on Cocky-talk. There were many days, especially when news was bad, that her messages to you and your responses kept her strength up, when there was nothing left to feel strong for. You were also there with her, as was I, for some glorious moments. I watched every game of the college world series with Jaymie. We also watched several football games together, even thought I got kicked out of the room on a few occasions because I wasn't supposed to talk during her game. :) Jaymie was strong enough to be a bridesmaid at my wedding in September. One of the last times Jaymie was able to get out, we went to Orlando to watch South Carolina in the bowl game. We had great seats on about the 5 yard line in the handicapped section right behind the players. I wish we could have held up a sign, as I understand several of her South Carolina friends were looking for her during the game.

I will be driving back to South Carolina to take my mother back home on Friday, and will be bringing Jaymie's remains with me.

Does anyone have a connection in the Football or Baseball program, such that I may have access to the football field or baseball field briefly on Saturday or Sunday to spread Jaymie's ashes so Jaymie can always be there to fight for the Gamecocks. If anyone can help with this (please pm khosk and I will contact the family).

By the way, Jaymie required me to root for the Gamecocks in her will. Its an honor I will take seriously.

Thank you again for your love and support of my little sister.

Mike
Old 02-22-2012, 03:34 AM   #2
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Message from Feisty's brother

It was the other way around.

Your little sister supported us.

It's rare that I cry for someone I didn't know personally, but tonight is one of those times.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 0
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Wow just read this. This whole thing is so sad.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
PyroPepper
Captain Reid

Male

CockyCash: 2000000000
PyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot materialPyroPepper is USC mascot material

That's a great testament to Feisty's name. I hope Mike can spread her ashes as he wishes.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #5
cocky2476
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1450
cocky2476 is developing his combcocky2476 is developing his combcocky2476 is developing his combcocky2476 is developing his combcocky2476 is developing his combcocky2476 is developing his combcocky2476 is developing his combcocky2476 is developing his combcocky2476 is developing his comb

i didn't know her, but reading about her fight made me feel like i did. she had to be a strong and incredible person. now someone i care about and love is probably in her last stage of her fight. i now know to cherish every moment i spend with this wonderful woman. thank you feisty, i know you are finally at peace and pain free.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 1012700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

She was a great person & inspiration !!!!'n

Old 02-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
inCOCKnito

CockyCash:

My surprise kind of fizzled when Roth and the guys couldn't find y'all but her story was still spread to the team. Roth wished so bad he could have found her but they spoke on twitter and she touched him anyway. She had a way of speaking to people's souls with little interaction. She was just so dang awesome! I'm so fortunate to have known her, even though it was through text and phone calls. I still have a lot of her bracelets and I'm going to be giving to the team this weekend so keep your eyes out for the "Fight for Fiesty" garnet bracelets. I know she's going to be helping the team from up above. She joked of having some sort of sway on Clemson from heaven, so if you see guys falling all over the place and making errors everywhere, you can smile knowing that it's Jaymie having her fun! I know a bunch of the players and I will see if I can set something up for your and her wishes. It may take me some time though. I will pm my number so you can contact me and I can try to get it set up. It'd be great to have her ashes split up onto both but I don't know if that will go according to your or her wishes. We'll figure it out. But I do need more than a few days. If anyone can organize it quicker, then please do. Her will statement is probably the funniest thing I've ever heard and I believe it 100% because she was die hard! That statement really made my day. Leave it to Jaymie to work that in there. Lol. I love her and miss her, but it's not goodbye. It's just a shirt time until we see her again and she'll be in top form! I joked with her that the only place she could go was heaven, because the devil couldn't deal with having to fight her! Such a brave spirit and a great person. Forever to thee, Jaymie!

Old 02-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
JRob
Retired Rugger

Male

CockyCash: 100500
JRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to JRob Send a message via Yahoo to JRob

Your sister was a wonderful person and a good friend. She is and will be missed

Old 02-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Glad I read this. Hopefully Mike can spread ashes on both. That would be nice.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 200
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

It's nice to now know more of the full story

Jaymie was such a special person and we all miss her greatly

also, I'm not going to lie, even though I feel sorrow after reading this, the part about kicking you out because you're not supposed to talk during games made me laugh..

such an amazing women and an inspiration to all who knew her
Old 02-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #11
Nassau Gamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Nassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot materialNassau Gamecock is USC mascot material

Forever to Thee, Fiesty.
Yes, indeed
Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #12
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

Absolutely wonderful story about her last days....I know how very excited Feisty was that Roth talked with her on twitter...she told me so....i think if someone was to contact Michael Roth...he and the baseball staff could help with the time of spreading her ashes over the fields....Michael is that kind of guy....

Thank you for sharing your story of her...
Old 02-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #13
Cuck Flemson
Super Moderator

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Bowl Winner Nascar Challenge: Nascar Challenge Winner - Given for: Winner of Segment 1 Nascar Challenge 
CockyCash: 1707478
Cuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot materialCuck Flemson is USC mascot material

I didn't know her but here on Cockytalk. I can speak for all on this board she will be greatly missed. Best wishes to your family. We love you Fiesty!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

May God rest her soul..I didnt know much about her but from what I'm reading she was QUITE a fighter. Just one more Angel on our side along with BT, they will continue to shine on this program
Old 02-22-2012, 11:53 AM   #15
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I remember that in the past there have been a couple of other people wanting this done with their remains and that was rebuffed by USC. I hope that it can be worked out this time. Perhaps groundskeeping can mix Jaymie's ashes in with the fertilizer and she can be reborn in blades of garnet grass. Every time I would see an opposing player trip or stumble I would know it was Jaymie, our 12th player! In the event that cannot be done I have known people to have their ashes scattered on the heart and soul of USC, the Horseshoe. That being a public area it is much easier to do and is one of the most beautiful areas on any campus, beautiful just like Jaymie's spirit.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 02-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #16
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

CockyCash: 500
5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

Mike, thanks for sharing. So sorry for your loss, as ours as well.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #17
spareparts
Hole in 1

Male

CockyCash: 1000618
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Thanks Mike. What a woman we were privileged to know, even in a limited way. She inspired me personally and her courage taught me a big lesson about what counts.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #18
AstroCock
FEAR ME!!!!

Male

CockyCash: 500
AstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot materialAstroCock is USC mascot material

Wow, (teardrop)... Just wow.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #19
Cockholio
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot materialCockholio is USC mascot material

If the admin's won't formally allow it, I'm sure someone within the program will 'informally' make her wishes come true.

She was always a Feisty Fighting Gamecock, well before her illness struck. Her spirit will not be forgotten here at CockyTalk, and we wish all of her family members strength and peace.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #20
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 8888888
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

knowing that she is at peace now after being in so much pain has to be a relief to her ... Im glad you shared this to shed some light on how strong she truly was... I really hope your able to spread her ashes on the field because she loved her cocks!

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
Closed Thread