CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
robgusc76
MountainCock
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
NAGamec0ckFan
Three and Out
The Yancey
Dear Muschamp: Not (1456)
CFN Team ranking 1-1 (1011)
I hope Jamarcus King (753)
Goergia Dome Collaps (413)
#600 (368)
New Whip (262)
NCAAF: CLEMSON TATER (239)
NFL TV Partners Set (88)
Funny story from my (83)
4 Clemson Tickets wi (39)
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
Clemson
CFN Team ranking 1-130
2018 - Channing Tindall
2019 - Ani Izuchukwu
2018 - Jaycee Horn - Tenn
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Clemson opponents avg rec
2018 - Dorian Gerald
NFL TV Partners Set to Lo

View Poll Results: Who is the first-team Gamecock TE?
Matthew Campbell 90 25.57%
Willie Scott 165 46.88%
Jay Saldi 17 4.83%
Boomer Foster 38 10.80%
Brian Nemeth 14 3.98%
Other 28 7.95%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 04:27 PM   #1
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins
Default All-Time Gamecock Team - TE (Poll)

Continuing the first team offense with the TE position. Who is your first team All-Gamecock TE? If you pick other, please post your choice.

To see the other polls, click here:

All-Time QB Poll
All-Time WR Poll
All-Time RB Poll
All-Time TE Poll
All-Time LB Poll
All-Time DB Poll

Last edited by CockyHoskins; 01-07-2007 at 10:36 PM..
Old 06-27-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Spur
Household Name

Male

Best Football Thread: Award given for starting the best football related thread - Given for: starting the best football thread of 2005 (post pics that get you excited) Non-Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best non-football related poster - Given for: being voted the best non-football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 513
Spur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot materialSpur is USC mascot material
Default Re: All-Time Gamecock Team - TE (Poll)

I went with Matt C.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:55 PM   #3
khosk
Administrator

Male

CockyCash: 110599
khosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot material

Matthew C for me too.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #4
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Matt C was the last TE that saw any semblance of participation beyond being a fifth lineman
Old 06-28-2005, 05:02 PM   #5
Spurrier 'Em
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Spurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudlySpurrier 'Em is crowing loudly

Wheres the love for Hart Turner??? He made some big plays in his time at Carolina...I think he's in NFL Europe now
Old 07-04-2005, 07:01 PM   #6
bigpoppacock
Walk On

bigpoppacock has hatched from the shell

You need to add Chris Corley to the list. He was on the 1984 team.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:02 PM   #7
mickeyrivers
Game MVP

Male

mickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot materialmickeyrivers is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to mickeyrivers

EXCELLENT idea for a poll, hoskins. i tried to do something similar a while back on theinsiders board but it never got off the ground.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:32 PM   #8
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPit

Jay Saldi should win this poll. Also went on to play TE in the pros and was well know player for the Cowboys in the 70's late 80's? maybe. Is Matt C still at the TE position?
Old 08-08-2005, 09:28 PM   #9
Cocktane-Man
Walk On

Male

Cocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talonsCocktane-Man has developed his gaff and talons

How about Trafford? Wasn't he involved in two game winning plays?
Old 08-08-2005, 10:37 PM   #10
Jerrybeeds
Walk On

Jerrybeeds has hatched from the shell
Send a message via Yahoo to Jerrybeeds

I guess I'm young, but I've never heard of any of those guys.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:02 PM   #11
morgan n' 7
somewhat unoriginal

Male

Signature: Award given for the best signature - Given for: having the best signature of 2005 
CockyCash: 400
morgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot material

I went with Willie Scott. I never saw him play in person, but i've got a video with some of his highlights(Gamecock Glory:The 1980's). He was a great receiver. I don't think we've had a receiving TE like him since.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:20 AM   #12
oburg
Walk On

CockyCash: 210
oburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudlyoburg is crowing loudly

I voted for Willie Scott. By far the best TE the cocks have ever had. He had all the tools. He also had some big catches durung his time at USC.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #13
uscjethro
Walk On

uscjethro is developing his combuscjethro is developing his combuscjethro is developing his combuscjethro is developing his combuscjethro is developing his combuscjethro is developing his combuscjethro is developing his combuscjethro is developing his combuscjethro is developing his comb

this poll I agree with thus far. I did like Matt Campbell also.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:36 PM   #14
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPitMDCox rules the CockPit

I just don't remember Willie Scott for some reason. I guess I am too young. I can tell you though we have not had a decent TE or used one decently in two decades. Miami for instance has had about 5 super duper TEs in that span that everyone on this board has heard of. I bet a fan from another team could not name one TE from USC.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #15
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan n' 7
(Gamecock Glory:The 1980's).
I have it as well...But I went with other...I'm a Hart Turner fan myself...
Old 10-13-2005, 09:24 PM   #16
Ol' Bald Coach
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 825
Ol' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talonsOl' Bald Coach has developed his gaff and talons

Willie Scott...speed ,size, and would catch the ball if it touched his hands.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:39 PM   #17
Cock-Tail Time
Just Beat Clemson!

Male

CockyCash: 400
Cock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPitCock-Tail Time rules the CockPit
Thumbs up Re: All-Time Gamecock Team - TE (Poll)

Its gotta be Willie Scott...he could do it all.

Go Cocks

Old 01-09-2006, 08:39 PM   #18
gococsk10
Walk On

gococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPitgococsk10 rules the CockPit

I chose Willie because 1) He was a great receiver and blocker
2) I went to Newberry High with him

Old 01-11-2006, 04:48 PM   #19
kickenChicken
Walk On

kickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot materialkickenChicken is USC mascot material

yet again we leave off another Player hart turner
Old 01-11-2006, 05:00 PM   #20
bgallup
Two Deep

Male

2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 2nd place 
CockyCash: 6230
bgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot materialbgallup is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to bgallup

Mathew Campbell