CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
SanAntonioCock
2k15
ShutTheSuccop
RGHoskins
AtlGAMECOCK
TastyLicks
ccured
rabid cock
Captain9Dragons
Why don't we run any (981)
Wildcat? (710)
Cack's Toast of the (683)
MJ Webb (644)
Charges revealed for (601)
Freeeze: What I did (542)
Should we go hurry-u (515)
College Station? (480)
Arkansas Kickoff Tim (395)
2018 - Mario Dungey (358)
Jake Bentley analysis
Should we go hurry-up or
Champions of life
Our chances against aTm
Muschamp Presser question
Snoop's take on how the n
Freeeze: What I did was w
Charges revealed for susp
Cack's Toast of the Game
College Station?

View Poll Results: Who is the first-team Gamecock TE?
Matthew Campbell 90 25.57%
Willie Scott 165 46.88%
Jay Saldi 17 4.83%
Boomer Foster 38 10.80%
Brian Nemeth 14 3.98%
Other 28 7.95%
Voters: 352. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:48 PM   #21
cockyPI1
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudlycockyPI1 is crowing loudly
Default Re: All-Time Gamecock Team - TE (Poll)

i vote for Hart Turner, no question about it..
Old 02-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #22
Sea Bass
Walk On

Male

Sea Bass has hatched from the shell

I had a tough debate between Scott and Campbell. I guess it isn't that close to everyone though. I ended up voting Scott but am shocked at the difference between the two.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #23
SangareeCrew
Berkeley County Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 2248
SangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot materialSangareeCrew is USC mascot material

Chalk me up as a vote for Rod Trafford.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #24
RW13
Recruit

Male

RW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudlyRW13 is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to RW13

Andy Boyd, 2 rec for 2 TDs, and loves the history channel....
Old 05-09-2006, 01:04 AM   #25
Dr. Gonzo
Walk On

Male

Dr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talonsDr. Gonzo has developed his gaff and talons

Willie Scott...easy.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #26
CATBIRD
Walk On

CATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talonsCATBIRD has developed his gaff and talons

My vote is for whoever was the starting tight end when George Rogers was running the ball.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:53 AM   #27
morgan n' 7
somewhat unoriginal

Male

Signature: Award given for the best signature - Given for: having the best signature of 2005 
CockyCash: 400
morgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot materialmorgan n' 7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATBIRD
My vote is for whoever was the starting tight end when George Rogers was running the ball.
That was Scott.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:14 PM   #28
cht4usc
Walk On

CockyCash: 200
cht4usc is developing his combcht4usc is developing his combcht4usc is developing his combcht4usc is developing his combcht4usc is developing his combcht4usc is developing his combcht4usc is developing his combcht4usc is developing his comb

No brainer Willie Scott.
Spurrier said McGee "originally offered too much," although neither would disclose the amount. McGee said the difference was in six figures, adding Spurrier asked that it go toward his assistant's salaries.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:29 AM   #29
SlimUSC
Walk On

SlimUSC has hatched from the shell

I think Hart had one too many drops during his last couple of years to be considered in this poll. Just because they played more recently doesn't make them better...Willie Scott is by far the best TE we've ever had..ask anyone who has been a fan long enough to remember him.

holla..
Old 12-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #30
LBC
1st Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material

No contest...Willie Scott. Not only did he have great hands, size and speed but he could block. I'll never forget Willie shutting down Hugh Green from Pitt in the bowl game. I think Hugh Green came in second for the Heisman voting as a DE that year.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #31
doccock
Super Doc

Male

doccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPitdoccock rules the CockPit

Some of you guys kill me. A TE catches 2 passes and makes a block and you vote him the best ever at the position.

Willie Scott is the best we ever had. Here's a brief recap:

He was 4 year letterman at TE at Carolina.Played in the East West Shrine game. Was a first round draft choice(#14 overall).He was an NFL star, not just a player. He's also in the USC Hall of Fame.

Sorry but no one else is even close.
doc
Old 12-12-2006, 04:05 PM   #32
CockyHoskins
Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School

Male

Homecoming King/Queen: Award given to the poster we most want to meet at the next game - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to meet at the next game Best Non-Football Thread: Award given for starting the best non-football thread - Given for: starting the best non-football thread of 2005 (introductions are in order) 
CockyCash: 100500
CockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot materialCockyHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Skype™ to CockyHoskins

Willie Scott was a first round draft pick. There is no doubt he was the best.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:47 PM   #33
Big"C"
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 800
Big"C" has hatched from the shell

I went other...Dewayne Chivers. He's a friend so he'll always get my vote!
Old 12-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #34
JRob
Retired Rugger

Male

CockyCash: 100500
JRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot materialJRob is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to JRob Send a message via Yahoo to JRob

To me it's a toss-up between Marty Woolbright and Willie Scott.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #35
BlackMagic84
Banned

Male

BlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot materialBlackMagic84 is USC mascot material

No doubt and bar none......it's got to be Willie Scott.

I mean he was a 1st round NFL draft pick.

There really shouldn't be any other choice with this IMO.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #36
rice~is~nice4
Recruit

Male

rice~is~nice4 is learning to peckrice~is~nice4 is learning to peck

I put Campbell.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:02 PM   #37
bktracker
Walk On

Male

bktracker is developing his combbktracker is developing his combbktracker is developing his combbktracker is developing his combbktracker is developing his combbktracker is developing his combbktracker is developing his combbktracker is developing his combbktracker is developing his comb

I gotta go with Matt Campbell!! He was once a good friend of mine.I just haven't seen him in a long while.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:13 AM   #38
CockNBlythewood
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 300
CockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot materialCockNBlythewood is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to CockNBlythewood

Went with Scott on this one. No doubt about it.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:19 AM   #39
gococksdc777
Walk On

Male

gococksdc777 is learning to peck
Send a message via AIM to gococksdc777

Scott, no doubt, i never saw him on tv buy some of the internet videos ive seen him in are great
Old 07-01-2007, 09:05 AM   #40
Skybo
Recruit

Male

Skybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPitSkybo rules the CockPit

Scott was a great one !! HE"S number !
Closed Thread