CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
lencho30
GuyInTheGreenHouse
GoldenSpur7
TastyLicks
Cockypantherfan
Order 66
Spurticus
M.C.
kingofnerf
2017 SEC Tournament: (3998)
Anonymous SEC Coache (1374)
Game time set for NC (528)
2018 - Jamari Brown (388)
The Citadel's Fred J (388)
2018 WBB - Morgan Jo (334)
Music Thread: Day 14 (320)
NC State Gametime (276)
Baseball: South Caro (235)
DJI Drones (Spark) (229)
Game time set for NC Stat
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
Anonymous SEC Coaches tak
2019 - Zacch Pickens
Best Guard in NCAA...
Our task in the SEC just
2018 Commitment - Maxwell
The Citadel's Fred Jordan
What jumps out at you?

Old 08-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 1233026
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Cockytalk Resource list

Maybe an idea for a stickied thread. Here is the premise

There is a vast amount of posters with resources of information. I know that usually threads start out with "Any Legal Advice Appreciated" or "Does anyone know...", so I thought if there was a database of volunteers that might be willing to let people know that they have a well rounded experience in that field (not some article they read off the internet to make them sound like an expert), it might be helpful.

For example, there might be a lawyer or two on here that could help shed light on legal issues.

LegalCock=attorney
JudicialCocky=attorney

Of course, if someone did not wish to be on the list, that's cool too.

Thoughts???

Where to get answers:

Adult Beverage and Alcohol Sales-GotSpurrier82, warriorchief
Auto Insurance-uscfreek88
Autos-warriorchief (mustangs), nickstockman
BBQing-cack
Ceramic Tile-ClowneyGotcha
Cheerleading-ktguen
Computer Programming-markymark550
Construction-minnow11
Corporate Recruiting-cockymac
Design-ColaCock
Education-2000grad, bigdog2003
Electrical-lencho30
Firefighter-Latt4gov
Furniture Restoration-minnow11
Gems/Jewelry-The O.G.
Grilling/Outdoor cooking-cack
Hazardous Materials-Latt4gov
Healthcare-TKE226 (financial aspects), 9Iron (patient care, HIPPA laws)
Heavy Equipment-ColaCock
Hunting-nickstockman
IT-cocky0, acejrock, cack
Legal-GoCocks09CSOL
Life coach-The Yancey
Management/Merchandising/O-T-B-uscgmck
Music-Don Giovanni
Movies-Regalcock
Outdoor Accessories-warriorchief
Personal Training-PageUSC, Gaichon
Procurement-bryarx (IT)
Professional Baseball-warriorchief (Braves)
Public Relations-ktguen
Realty-USC67
Religion-nickstockman, 2000grad
Retail Consulting-uscgmck
Signs-Tolley
Social Media-ktguen
Soccer-2000grad (club)
Snakes-bigdog2003
Steel-cockypanther
Travel-warriorchief (Myrtle Beach, Anderson, Clemson), 2000grad (Walt Disney World), ColaCock (Tampa, St. Pete area), Gaichon (SE Asia), nickstockman (Charleston)
Weight Training-Gamecocks321
Wrestling (high school)-bigdog2003

Last edited by 2000grad; 09-06-2013 at 07:59 PM..
2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 200
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cockytalk Resource list

We had a thread like that awhile back, where everyone listed what they did. I've recently moved into corporate recruiting, so I wouldn't mind knowing who does what on here. I might need someone sometime.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:12 PM   #3
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

I like the idea. It's kind of like reddit but much smaller.

I volunteer to (attempt to) answer alcohol questions and state laws pertaining to alcohol.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Don Giovanni
Gamecock gamer!

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Maybe an idea for a stickied thread. Here is the premise

There is a vast amount of posters with resources of information. I know that usually threads start out with "Any Legal Advice Appreciated" or "Does anyone know...", so I thought if there was a database of volunteers that might be willing to let people know that they have a well rounded experience in that field (not some article they read off the internet to make them sound like an expert), it might be helpful.

For example, there might be a lawyer or two on here that could help shed light on legal issues.

LegalCock=attorney
JudicialCocky=attorney

Of course, if someone did not wish to be on the list, that's cool too.

Thoughts???
I really like the concept, but I'll be curious how this is generally received. I think there could be a problem with people being bombarded with requests for free information or services even though the experts' livelihoods are based on that field. For example, I think we all know Cola Cock is in the graphic arts field in some way, and I've seen him get slammed with requests for mock-ups, revisions, etc. of lots of different things. I guess it's the old idea of, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free," type of thing. But, as you said, people can choose not to identify their fields of expertise.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
johnnyb
Banneded

Male

CockyCash: 1365674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

this is kind of a similar theme to cacks thread stickied at the top of the forum...

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10000000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I do IT work for a living and have done so professionally for a little over 4 years. I don't mind a question or two here and there.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I teach physical education, and coach high school wrestling. I also have an extensive knowledge of snakes, and have experience catching venomous snakes to relocate.

bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
this is kind of a similar theme to cacks thread stickied at the top of the forum...
I think Cack's is more for networking. This would be more like, "Hey Cocky0, my computer is showing this error message that say blah blah blah. What does that mean?" or "Hey GS, I need to buy a gift for my boss and he drinks Scotch. Suggestions?" That kind of stuff.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
warriorchief
CT's 2x Favorite Tiger

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Favorite Non Gamecock Poster 
CockyCash: 540000
warriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot materialwarriorchief is USC mascot material

Not really a master of one thing, but very knowledgeable at plenty.

Outdoor Power Equipment suggestions, Guitars/accessories/etc, walking concierge for Clemson, Myrtle Beach, and Anderson (I can tell you where to go, exactly how to get there, and what to expect... I'm there enough), distilled spirits (recommendations, recipes, about, etc), Mustangs (questions, mods, how-to, etc), Braves baseball (history, current, stadium facts, etc), just to name a few.

warriorchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSpurrier82 View Post
I think Cack's is more for networking. This would be more like, "Hey Cocky0, my computer is showing this error message that say blah blah blah. What does that mean?" or "Hey GS, I need to buy a gift for my boss and he drinks Scotch. Suggestions?" That kind of stuff.
Yes. That is what I meant.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #11
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

I am a middle level educator
High school football official
Former soccer coach in both high school and at the club level
Knowledgable about disney world
Old 08-02-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I can rock a mic like a vandal.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #13
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1668234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Feel bad for anyone who is a doctor or lawyer. I can attest first hand as I will be out on the golf course with my dad who is a doctor, we will have people join us, or join a group. Inevitably they will ask what he does, and then 10 minutes later its "hey doc, I have this pain in _______, what should I do?" He tries to be polite about it but I know he hates it.

That being said, I work in healthcare finance consulting. I know enough about the Obamacare to scare people, I have read and re-read the regulations surrounding the ACA probably 6 times. And I don't go into the Political Forum (mostly because I am a registered democrat, and I know about all yall, lol). I work mainly with hospitals and travel extensively in the US for work so I tend to know about business traveling.

So most people will say, "and what exactly then do you do?"
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #14
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 10000000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I can rock a mic like a vandal.
Light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle?
Old 08-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #15
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

CockyCash: 500
5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

I'm the pool boy.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #16
RoosterBooster
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 100500
RoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot materialRoosterBooster is USC mascot material

I'm currently developing a plan to take over the world.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:11 PM   #17
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I work for state government in Procurement, specifically IT Procurement. I manage the state's IT Temporary Staff Augmentation contract, and also handled procurements for agencies that are over their authority limit (typically $50,000).

I helped purchase the control room equipment for the beast board for USC for example.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #18
PageUSC
Recruiting60%-Coaching40%

Male

CockyCash: 987375
PageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot materialPageUSC is USC mascot material

I'm a certified Personal Trainer. I also have a lot of knowledge on nutrition. I know Gaichon is as well. There are alot of workout threads that pop up and I try to contribute but I usually end up posting alot of the same info over and over.

I love helping others and don't mind sharing info. I've thought about having a business to do nutrition counseling and workouts online. Kinda like a life coach.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #19
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky0 View Post
Light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle?
I've been known to do that too. Chump-waxing is extra.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #20
2000grad
Heisman Winner

Male

Good list so far. In the next few days, I'm going to try and compile an organized list and post it