CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Three and Out
JerseyBird
GeoCocky66
InletCock1989
SNEEZ
TaySC
Ironfan
AR1
sporkgod50
WR out???? (2028)
2017 Gulf Coast Show (1444)
miama-pitt game (1073)
cell phone lights ar (877)
Someone please expla (696)
Good Luck Tomorrow! (608)
Never Again (494)
It isn't Florida, bu (436)
The Gamecocks Win 30 (414)
Clemson: Countdown t (398)
ISO 2 lowers for the game
Clemson: Countdown to Kic
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
2018 - Dorian Gerald
2017 High School Football
Good Luck Tomorrow!
2017 Gulf Coast Showcase:
cell phone lights around
College Football 2017

Old 09-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #1
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit
Default 2017 WBB - Bianca Jackson - W

Another bird in the nest. https://twitter.com/hoop_addict/stat...52694321823744
Quote:
Raoul ‏@Raoul_000 South Carolina WBB with 2017 commit #4—Bianca Jackson, 5-11 W, Brewbaker Tech Magnet HS (Montgomery, AL); espnW #54
ESPNW HoopGurlz page
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:56 PM   #2
Truly Cocky
Anonymous

Male

CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 WBB - Bianca Jackson - W

If we're in the mix for more players, i.e. Evina Westbrook, Kushkituah, Hayes (big 3)

Staley has to be thinking Gray and/or Davis declare for the WNBA early right? Especially since they would have completed their 4 years out of high school. Especially now that we only have 1 scholarship left.

But anyway, welcome to the family Bianca! This is also our 3rd, 2 guard/wing prospect with Troup, Grissett and now Jackson in the 2017 class
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:18 PM   #3
meesh982000
Blue Chip

Female

CockyCash: 500
meesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talons

Recruits know that our scholarships our are numbered she didn't want to get left off. So she committed before Westbrook, KK, and Hayes even visited.

Last edited by meesh982000; 09-19-2016 at 11:42 PM..
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:29 PM   #4
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Daughter of 2 college basketball coaches. Has to have very high basketball IQ. Welcome aboard!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:39 PM   #5
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post
Recruits know that our scholarships are numbers she didn't want to get left off. So she committed before Westbrook, KK, and Hayes even visited.
It could be a dogfight for that last scholarship.

Welcome to the squad Bianca!!!!!!!!
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:41 PM   #6
meesh982000
Blue Chip

Female

meesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talons

Brew Tech 54, St. James 39: Rams' Jackson takes control https://shar.es/1x2k2y
Old 09-19-2016, 11:43 PM   #7
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Short article from the local Montgomery, Alabama newspaper...
Old 09-19-2016, 11:48 PM   #8
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 718660653
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
It could be a dogfight for that last scholarship.

Welcome to the squad Bianca!!!!!!!!
Wonder if Dawn wants any certain recruit to get it? Would she decline a commitment?
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:06 AM   #9
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Wonder if Dawn wants any certain recruit to get it? Would she decline a commitment?
The State just reported that the class is full.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:07 AM   #10
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644373229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

I think we still have room fro one more. WBB has 15 scholarships; right?
Old 09-20-2016, 01:28 AM   #11
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
The State just reported that the class is full.
Oh ok. Would have loved to see if we could've landed Westbrook. She reminds me of former MD player Alyssa Thomas.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:36 AM   #12
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Oh ok. Would have loved to see if we could've landed Westbrook. She reminds me of former MD player Alyssa Thomas.
That's a really good comparison. Thomas was one of my favorite players to watch when I first started watching WCBB.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:07 AM   #13
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
That's a really good comparison. Thomas was one of my favorite players to watch when I first started watching WCBB.
She was one of my favs also. I guess that's why I was excited when I saw that Dawn was after Evina.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:34 PM   #14
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Full now by my count. 13 on the roster. Coates and Farmer only one graduating. So that means 4 for the class: Grissett, Troup, Williams, and Jackson. I still worry about our physicality on the interior post-Coates. But we are still pulling in a nice class. Next year will have 5 spots and we will have to to replace half a round of the WNBA draft lol. Hopefully we can pull in another top 2 class like we did 3 years ago.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:02 PM   #15
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Full now by my count. 13 on the roster. Coates and Farmer only one graduating. So that means 4 for the class: Grissett, Troup, Williams, and Jackson. I still worry about our physicality on the interior post-Coates. But we are still pulling in a nice class. Next year will have 5 spots and we will have to to replace half a round of the WNBA draft lol. Hopefully we can pull in another top 2 class like we did 3 years ago.
My thinking exactly. Next year we should be able to pull in a class equally as nice as this one or better, especially when you consider who we're in the running for.

What I like about this class is that we have a sharpshooter (Troup), two bigger guards that play uptempo and attack the basket and hit midrange (Grissett and Jackson) and we have our versatile face-up power forward (Williams). We add our 2017 class with what we brought in for 2016 in an elite point guard (Harris), a better than average relief point guard (Bradshaw), a versatile face-up power forward (Harrigan) and an offensively sharp role playing guard (Patrick) and we have a better than solid foundation. We'll have Jennings in the paint for a year post-Wilson, and we'll also have Harrigan and Williams to solidify us at the power forward spot until we bring in some more big girls in the 2018 and 2019 class.

For 2018 I think we should shoot for another class of 4 or 5 recruits, maybe an elite point guard (Scott-Grayson), 1 or 2 great guards (DeCosta, Massengill, Balogun or Swartz), and an elite center (Nelson-Ododa or Collier).

The good thing is that we are currently in play for everybody I just mentioned.

2017-2018 roster:

RSr: Tiffany Davis
Sr: A'ja Wilson
Sr: Bianca Cuevas-Moore
Sr: Kaela Davis
Sr: Alisha Gray

RJr: Alexis Jennings
Jr: Doniyah Cliney

So: Tyasha Harris
So: Aarion Bradshaw
So: Mikiah Harrigan
So: Victoria Patrick

Fr: Elisia Grissett
Fr: Haley Troup
Fr: Bianca Jackson
Fr: LaDazhia Williams

Posts (C/PF):
A'ja Wilson - 6'5
LaDazhia Williams - 6'4
Alexis Jennings - 6'2
Mikiah Harrigan - 6'2

Wings (SG/SF):
Kaela Davis - 6'2
Elisia Grissett - 6'1
Allisha Gray - 6'0
Doniyah Cliney - 6'0
Bianca Jackson - 5'11
Haley Troup - 5'9

Ball handlers (PG):
Tyasha Harris - 5'10
Tiffany Davis - 5'7
Bianca Cuevas - 5'6
Aarion Bradshaw - 5'6

For the class of 2018 we need to be thinking about replacing everybody in Red.

Last edited by DorchesterGamecock; 09-20-2016 at 02:21 PM..
Old 09-20-2016, 03:27 PM   #16
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 200938
DrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot material

I'm scared
Old 09-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #17
Spur20001
Blue Chip

Male

Spur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Right. Women's BB has 15 scholarships.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:58 PM   #18
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZyn View Post
I'm scared
What for?
Old 09-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #19
meesh982000
Blue Chip

Female

I only need two words to describe the dynamic unassuming 5-10 Bianca Jackson– “Dewayne Wade.” Watching Jackson, the Montgomery, Alabama native, she reminded me of NBA All-Star Dwayne Wade. She tenaciously attacked the passing lanes with reckless abandon and defended the perimeter, consistently hounding her opposition into turnovers with steal after steal. Offensively Jackson can do it all. She scores from every way imaginable attacking off the dribble with a really sweet combination of a crossover into a step-back jumper. Jackson continued the onslaught by penetrating the paint with a purpose, looking to score or create opportunities for teammates and she succeeded on both counts. Jackson is an good athlete and has a chance to be one of the best guards in Class of 2017.

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/ballin-...-on-the-bayou/
Old 09-21-2016, 12:33 AM   #20
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesh982000 View Post
I only need two words to describe the dynamic unassuming 5-10 Bianca Jackson– “Dewayne Wade.” Watching Jackson, the Montgomery, Alabama native, she reminded me of NBA All-Star Dwayne Wade. She tenaciously attacked the passing lanes with reckless abandon and defended the perimeter, consistently hounding her opposition into turnovers with steal after steal. Offensively Jackson can do it all. She scores from every way imaginable attacking off the dribble with a really sweet combination of a crossover into a step-back jumper. Jackson continued the onslaught by penetrating the paint with a purpose, looking to score or create opportunities for teammates and she succeeded on both counts. Jackson is an good athlete and has a chance to be one of the best guards in Class of 2017.

http://www.bluestarmedia.org/ballin-...-on-the-bayou/
Dawn hoping she got us another Tiffany Mitchell.
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote