CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ccured
NinjaSven
MEL
gamecockphan
6pack
Master Bedroom
CockNJersey
Ironfan
cockinraleigh
Order 66
So we're 3-1. Ugh. T (2750)
Our chances against (2129)
Muschamp Presser que (1692)
I wish we all could (1677)
Remember how our off (1426)
Some questions after (1110)
BAW out for the year (1084)
People forget that.. (883)
Turning point - Jaco (834)
The Bama mentality: (741)
Muschamp Presser question
10 things I'm absolutely
BURN THE BOATS: Nothing t
2018 Commitment - Marlon
Some questions after Game
The Bama mentality: what
Our chances against aTm
**USC vs. Louisiana Tech
Houston/New England
***Volvo Driving Soccer M

Old 04-26-2017, 07:31 PM   #261
Take-a-Knee
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do we lose Dozier next year?

Still scratching my head ..
Take-a-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:48 PM   #262
CockTail
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

Here is a math problem:

There are 30 NBA teams
There are 2 rounds in the NBA draft
That makes 60 available draft picks in the draft

There are 137 Underclassmen who have declared for the draft
47 have hired an agent.
This number does not include foreign players who will be drafted
This number does not include Seniors who will be drafted

Someone has been getting some bad information
Old 04-26-2017, 08:58 PM   #263
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Here is a math problem:

There are 30 NBA teams

47 have hired an agent.

I wonder how many of those undergrads probably can't return to college because they're not in good academic standing
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:58 PM   #264
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

The ones who hired an agent that don't get drafted can still play overseas and make pretty good money.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:12 PM   #265
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
The ones who hired an agent that don't get drafted can still play overseas and make pretty good money.
I don't think you can go into the draft without an agent.
So eventually if they stay in they'll all have agents
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:42 AM   #266
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i dont think youre required to have an agent, it just makes sense to have one. as far as the 47 underclassmen who have agents, there is no solution because the system is set up now for guys to go to the combine and come back if their stock drops and it certainly will for some of those guys. some guys just may be ready to move on regardless of what happens at the combine and there is good money to be made overseas.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:27 AM   #267
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spurs

Yeah unless things have changed(they change the rules too often to keep up) an agent isn't required to enter the draft. But if you're serious about maximizing your stock and getting noticed by teams then an agent is definitely the way to go. In Dozier's case an agent likely means the difference between 1st and 2nd round potentially and a sizeable pay difference.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #268
garnetmike
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Nba point guards have to kill it fron the field..
I like Dozier and his family - but while I see that he is reportedly gone, I can't see him making a roster. He's a guard that can't consistently shoot from outside of 10' and he can't make free throws as well as some 5th graders. His real strength is driving the basket and he's a bit loose with the ball at times.

I think it's a mistake to go early, because I think he will get picked somewhere in the 2nd-3rd rounds but he'll end up playing in Europe. Nothing wrong with that, but he'd have to improve his game to a much more well-rounded player to make an NBA roster.

I too think he should play one more year, but I get it - the money is calling...and Europe is paying plenty these days.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:21 AM   #269
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 840
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

You also have to officially remove your name from the draft, if I am not mistaken. If it is left in, you have to turn pro whether they want you or not.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:19 AM   #270
Dpcocks
Recruit

Male

Dpcocks has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
I like Dozier and his family - but while I see that he is reportedly gone, I can't see him making a roster. He's a guard that can't consistently shoot from outside of 10' and he can't make free throws as well as some 5th graders. His real strength is driving the basket and he's a bit loose with the ball at times.

I think it's a mistake to go early, because I think he will get picked somewhere in the 2nd-3rd rounds but he'll end up playing in Europe. Nothing wrong with that, but he'd have to improve his game to a much more well-rounded player to make an NBA roster.

I too think he should play one more year, but I get it - the money is calling...and Europe is paying plenty these days.

Considering there are only two rounds I don't think he will get drafted in the 3rd but nice try though. He is projected as a first round pick and the NBA drafts on potential and pj is 6'6 pg who plays defense, his floor is Michael carter-Williams who is a role player in the league and I think his ceiling could be an all-star if he works on his shot. There are plenty of things Pj needs to work on but he can do that in the NBA or g-league and be paid for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dpcocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #271
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I still don't know what changed his mind to hire an agent. He could still have gone through the process without doing that.
I don't have any insider information, but my assumption is connections. Sure, PJ could've waited and hired an agent after he was drafted, but having an advocate before hand would seem logical. PJ doesn't necessarily have the contacts inside organizations that an agent would.

And I have a hard time when looking at rookie salary structures, but best I can tell, changing your draft stock by 5 places or so can net you a pretty decent cash change.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:03 PM   #272
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Quote:
Here is a math problem:

There are 30 NBA teams

47 have hired an agent.

Happens every year. Keep in mind that the combine hasn't even started, so the underclassmen who stayed in are doing so based on a gut feeling and not inside information.

Kids want to live the lifestyle, they want to live their dream, and they want to support their families. I just imagine a lot of underclassmen thinking like Chris Webber at Michigan sometimes.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #273
TaySC
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Would love to see a complete listing of players that declared early for the draft and where they ended up being drafted.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:08 PM   #274
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I still don't know what changed his mind to hire an agent. He could still have gone through the process without doing that.
-He's healthy
-He's coming off a strong tournament run
-He wants to live his dream

As an outsider, I think he should've returned to boost his stock, but I have no issue with him leaving. Also, consider that he tore his ACL in high school and while the odds are against that happening again, you never know what can happen.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:42 AM   #275
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

SC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot material

Quote:
Here is a math problem:

There are 30 NBA teams

47 have hired an agent.

This article might help explain why so many players are jumping ship

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/d-...184533832.html
Old 04-28-2017, 11:01 AM   #276
FanofCarolina1
💩💩💩💩

Male

CockyCash: 640
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I hope he's hitting the weights everyday.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:00 PM   #277
gameCOCKadoodle
Blue Chip

Male

gameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudly

PJ will be an excellent NBA player. His FT shooting needs to improve, and I'd love to see his explosiveness take another step, but the kids got all the tools and the intangibles. I'm looking forward to seeing who will fill his shoes at USC.
gameCOCKadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote