CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
GregoryHouse
Dizzy01
taylorssc
JoeCock
SanAntonioCock
carolina_corpsman
kingofnerf
TKE226
We're the only schoo (1814)
Butch breaks down UT (1589)
Kyle Davis Dismissed (827)
Frank Says Real Prac (650)
With bye week which (535)
10-16-2017 (357)
Ryan Succop destroys (225)
The Fall of the Trib (204)
Cavalcade of Whimsy: (159)
Ole Miss to Houston (118)
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
DJ Swag pat down
Dozier Signs with OKC
With bye week which games
Cack's Toast of the Game
Butch breaks down UT's lo
Outcome-Based Goals vs Pr
We're the only school in
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
2018 - Dax Hollifield

Old 01-28-2017, 11:51 PM   #21
rabid cock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10028
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do we lose Dozier next year?

I guarantee you he doesn't go pro after this season. He has much to work on,but he has improved dramatically.
rabid cock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:06 AM   #22
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

We must remember that these are just kids.

His body still needs to fill out with age and make him heavier.

He's also a smart enough kid to finish school here like his dad did.

I think he will be here through graduation.
Old 01-29-2017, 12:45 AM   #23
SC Tag
Casual Basketball Viewer

Male

CockyCash: 200
SC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot materialSC Tag is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
We must remember that these are just kids.

His body still needs to fill out with age and make him heavier.

He's also a smart enough kid to finish school here like his dad did.

I think he will be here through graduation.
I agree that he will probably be here until he graduates, but to say that he is doing that because he doesn't have the skill size or talent is silly.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:35 AM   #24
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 8888888
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
I am seeing some chatter about Dozier being a 1st Rounder in the draft. Hate if we lose Thornwell and Dozier next year.
i would like to know who you heard this from because I can't find anything about him being a first rounder

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:41 AM   #25
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
i would like to know who you heard this from because I can't find anything about him being a first rounder
Take a look at the link I posted earlier in the thread. Projected #22 to OKC as of today. He's moved up mock draft boards.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:47 AM   #26
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 8888888
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Take a look at the link I posted earlier in the thread. Projected #22 to OKC as of today. He's moved up mock draft boards.
dang news to me

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:53 AM   #27
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
dang news to me
The big thing to remember is the big difference between football and basketball drafts. In football the entire first 2 rounds you're hoping to get either a QB or immediate impact guys. In basketball once you get towards the back end of the lottery in the 1st round you're looking more for potential and you're not as worried about immediate impact. The latter part of the 1st round isn't generally expected to make huge contributions. If you watch the NBA Draft with an NFL Draft mindset there would be tons of head scratching picks.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:51 AM   #28
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 675575501
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
The big thing to remember is the big difference between football and basketball drafts. In football the entire first 2 rounds you're hoping to get either a QB or immediate impact guys. In basketball once you get towards the back end of the lottery in the 1st round you're looking more for potential and you're not as worried about immediate impact. The latter part of the 1st round isn't generally expected to make huge contributions. If you watch the NBA Draft with an NFL Draft mindset there would be tons of head scratching picks.

Exactly, there's some very interesting approaches during the NBA Draft. Various ways to stash players until they're ready to play in the NBA. Teams like the Spurs and Warriors do a great job finding future talent in the later rounds. So if a guy like PJ gets drafted he'll be granted some time to try to develop.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #29
ucan'tlickourcocks
The "other" M. Lattimore

Male

CockyCash: 1724617800290
ucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot materialucan'tlickourcocks is USC mascot material

At this moment, I would suggest one more year. Needs to fill out frame a little more.
Still much to clean up.... potential is there.....

YES, I hope PJ comes back next year. he would be the leader of our team. Great opportunity for PJ to prove himself.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:51 AM   #30
Pancake21
4-Star

Male

Pancake21 has feathers coming inPancake21 has feathers coming in

I wish the NCAA would have some type of clause that says if you are on scholarship that you must play ball 3 years. I think that gives guys time to develope and mature as a player. I know I maybe the only one on this island of thought, but to me the NBA is getting to young and the play is not worth the price of admission. Just my thought.
Pancake21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 01:07 PM   #31
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancake21 View Post
I wish the NCAA would have some type of clause that says if you are on scholarship that you must play ball 3 years. I think that gives guys time to develope and mature as a player. I know I maybe the only one on this island of thought, but to me the NBA is getting to young and the play is not worth the price of admission. Just my thought.
Your beef is with the NBA's CBA.

I would like to see players stay longer, but it isn't something the NCAA can regulate. If the NCAA were to somehow put a 3 year rule for scholarships (I don't think they can legally do that though), the top players would likely opt to play overseas or in the NBDL for one year until they are eligible for the NBA draft.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #32
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancake21 View Post
The NCAA doesn't decide this, the NBA does.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #33
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Dozier is not ready for the NBA.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:50 PM   #34
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 82320
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
i just talked to somebody who gauranteed he will be in the nba next october.. looks like he will be gone next year.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #35
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

As long as he is sitting at a 1st round pick it's hard to pass up the money. I expect him to make the leap because I expect him to continue to be projected late 1st because he is being projected there on potential and his potential isn't going to change. If he comes back I'll be very happy and very surprised.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:01 AM   #36
cockyturd
Recruit

Male

cockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudlycockyturd is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Completely agree. What is it that people are seeing that makes them think he's ready?
Old 02-12-2017, 12:11 AM   #37
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

His family seems to think he'll stay for 4 years. He didn't come to Carolina to play 2 years and leave. Can't flip the program in a short period of time.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:13 AM   #38
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyturd View Post
Completely agree. What is it that people are seeing that makes them think he's ready?
I am not asking whether he's bolting for the NBA, I am asking whether he's going to lose his spot in the starting 5. He's been struggling ever since he missed that Kentucky game. Air-balled a free throw tonight and was missing a lot of shots badly, and some of them easy buckets. Hope it's just a slump and no health issues.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:16 AM   #39
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

He's a solid player but, and I know all of us say this sort of thing about players we want to keep, he could really benefit from coming back next season. I just think he needs more time learning under Frank before he should even consider the NBA.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:47 AM   #40
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

PJ is a bit inconsistent right now offensively, but so was Carrera and Thornwell before their final 1-2 seasons. He's still taken strides forward in improvement over last season.

We do need to hire an instructor for free throws however: I doubt anyone on the staff knows how to coach that. Dozier spends too much time focusing on making his FT attempts rain-inducing tear drops from heaven type shots, and not enough actually paying attention to where the basket is, on his FTs. IMO that's why he shoots air-ball FT attempts. His technique is totally flawed and just plain awful, and his confidence seems to be pretty low on them. He should drop that technique altogether and learn how to shoot a FT like everyone else does, but I guess no one is trying to teach him into stopping...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote