CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Three and Out
usc1
JAYBEZ
Ace Dilcock
conwaycock2
Spur's Addiction
TheMule
Senior Rooster
2017 SEC Tournament: (3608)
Music Thread: Day 16 (458)
Men's team next seas (443)
Baseball:South Carol (304)
‘They deserve it’: L (294)
RIP Gregg Allman (270)
2018 - JaKorey Hawki (231)
2018 - Chandler Jone (212)
2019 - Jammie Robins (197)
1937 Bugatti pedal c (186)
Men's team next season
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
‘They deserve it’: LSU co
2018 - Jaycee Horn
Weekend cooking
Lindy's and Athlon's are
100 Days
Game time set for NC Stat
Bobby Bentley: I want us
2018 - Rosendo Louis

Old 02-12-2017, 12:53 AM   #41
GoldenSpur7
obscurum per obscurius

Male

CockyCash: 200
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Do we lose Dozier next year?

Excellent defender. His jumper has improved, has better range, but also some wtf airballs from downtown. Good pullup. As penetrator, only the film will tell if he's good enough there - had some great moments, others where he's failed to finish, overall solid.

He can get better here, but if a team is willing to draft him, ya know ...
Old 02-12-2017, 01:05 AM   #42
beak2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
beak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudlybeak2 is crowing loudly

Very few make it in the NBA. He is good, but has a lot of improvement to do, imo. I hope scouts were not watching tonight when he shot an air ball at the free throw line. We wish him the best, no matter what.

beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:56 AM   #43
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I heard that his dad would never let him make that decision at this point, fwiw.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:02 AM   #44
longhaul
Recruit

Male

longhaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPitlonghaul rules the CockPit

he has the biggest arc on his shots I have ever seen, with the exception of his floaters in the lane. When he shoots a three that thing is a rainbow.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:07 PM   #45
gblack
Recruit

Male

gblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his combgblack is developing his comb

The Dozier family have been real loyal to the Gamecocks for many years. PJ will stick around at least one more year too improve his game.
gblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #46
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
Very few make it in the NBA. He is good, but has a lot of improvement to do, imo. I hope scouts were not watching tonight when he shot an air ball at the free throw line. We wish him the best, no matter what.

Concur.

I took that FT air ball as a sign that he is still struggling with his back injury.

Frank's system also fails when the bigs cannot/will not do what they are supposed to.

Sin has learned to overcome that with aggression in the paint and behind the arc.

I never have really sensed that PJ has the mentality of someone who would leave early, either.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #47
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
he has the biggest arc on his shots I have ever seen, with the exception of his floaters in the lane. When he shoots a three that thing is a rainbow.
Lol yep. Even his free throws have quite the arc on them. I think he stays one more year.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:36 PM   #48
rabid cock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10248
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul View Post
His shot reminds me of that of Alex English, who had that same arc on his shots.

And by the way, he's not going anywhere. He has more work to do.
rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:06 PM   #49
FilchCock
Blue Chip

Male

FilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot materialFilchCock is USC mascot material

He's gotta learn to shoot first. The way he cups the ball onto his palm is a real problem. Lucky for us, it's a problem that should keep him in school.

Last edited by FilchCock; 02-12-2017 at 02:36 PM..
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #50
TaySC
Starter

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/nba-m...first-rounders

One has him not in the 1st or 2nd round (top 60) and the other has him 25th (late 1st round).

I think the consensus is that he is on the bubble as to whether he goes in the first round or not.

I think it's a mistake if someone takes him 1st round this year, but we will see how it all plays out.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #51
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/nba-m...first-rounders

One has him not in the 1st or 2nd round (top 60) and the other has him 25th (late 1st round).

I think the consensus is that he is on the bubble as to whether he goes in the first round or not.

I think it's a mistake if someone takes him 1st round this year, but we will see how it all plays out.
Would be a mistake based on NFL Draft philosophies, not NBA Draft philosophies. In the NFL Draft all 1st rounders are drafted to contribute. At the back end of the 1st round in the NBA Draft you're generally drafting either guys that are total boom or bust or guys that's peak potential is 7th or 8th man or even an overseas player to stash there for a few years for salary cap purposes.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #52
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC

Male

kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Still too soon for PJ to leave.

He would disappear in an overseas league if he left this year, but could name his team if he finishes out and graduates after a couple of good NCAAT appearances.
Old 02-13-2017, 12:56 AM   #53
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 2304200828
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Would be a mistake based on NFL Draft philosophies, not NBA Draft philosophies. In the NFL Draft all 1st rounders are drafted to contribute. At the back end of the 1st round in the NBA Draft you're generally drafting either guys that are total boom or bust or guys that's peak potential is 7th or 8th man or even an overseas player to stash there for a few years for salary cap purposes.
Spot on ,bro. NBA teams like to draft younger players because by the time they enter their prime they would have already adjusted to the learning curve of the pros. That's why we see more Fresh and Soph taken than 4yr players. Buddy Hield and Denzel Valentine were exceptions last year.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:14 AM   #54
GoldenSpur7
obscurum per obscurius

Male

GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid cock View Post
His shot reminds me of that of Alex English, who had that same arc on his shots.

And by the way, he's not going anywhere. He has more work to do.
He doesn't have the same foot quickness English had, though. That guy was unreal in his ability to get to his spots, elevate and finish.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:25 AM   #55
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
While this may very well be true. Suppose he stays another year and moves up to #15. How many millions did he lose by leaving early. And from where I sit, he's got a lot to improve on.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:41 AM   #56
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
While this may very well be true. Suppose he stays another year and moves up to #15. How many millions did he lose by leaving early. And from where I sit, he's got a lot to improve on.
The difference between #15 and #25 is a bit under $1.5 million over the entirety of the rookie contract. How much does he lose if he comes back and blows out a knee and ends up undrafted? $2.6 million. That works both ways.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:14 PM   #57
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

this isnt me slighting him, but i dont think hes a point guard on the next level. i think hes going to have to transition to shooting guard. the transition id like to see in his game if he comes back beyond just becoming better in all areas particularly shooting is a mid post game similar to what thornwell has developed. you want to see him become a bigger matchup problem where if you put a point guard on him okay we'll get him in the post and swing him the ball.
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #58
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
this isnt me slighting him, but i dont think hes a point guard on the next level. i think hes going to have to transition to shooting guard. the transition id like to see in his game if he comes back beyond just becoming better in all areas particularly shooting is a mid post game similar to what thornwell has developed. you want to see him become a bigger matchup problem where if you put a point guard on him okay we'll get him in the post and swing him the ball.
Correct, I don't think he is a Point Guard at the next level.

Regardless, he needs to do two things. One is to get stronger so he can post up and take it to the rim with authority. The other is to improve his shot - whether you are a point or shooting guard, you need to be able to hit threes and foul shots.

No doubt that he is fading down the stretch and needs to come back to make the big bucks. But that is tough - he sees $ and may not make the right decision. Maybe Thornwell's experience will help to sway Dozier - Thornwell was smart to stick around and could make some decent coin after this season.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:19 AM   #59
Rooster'srule
Starter

Male

Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Let's have a wake!!!
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #60
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 200639
DrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPitDrZyn rules the CockPit

We may lose him after next year.