CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
GregoryHouse
acejrock
Blitzkrieg
Ace Dilcock
longhaul
CockNJersey
sporkgod50
AtlGAMECOCK
thumpin big
The FCC has voted to (468)
OK...the RRHoF is ju (443)
Disney to buy 21st C (187)
2019 - Tyler Fromm (175)
Cure Bowl: GEORGIA S (167)
New Orleans Bowl: NO (153)
Place to stay (121)
2020 - Brandon Field (101)
2021 - Chaz Chamblis (101)
Camellia Bowl: MIDDL (100)
The FCC has voted to repe
Thoughs On Men's BB At Ex
Question regarding new OC
Bentley Offensive Philoso
2018 - Channing Tindall
Place to stay
Company of Heroes 2 free
2019 - Tyler Fromm
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn
2018 Commitment - Jesus G

Old 04-01-2017, 04:17 AM   #41
Copperhead
Fight, Win, Kick Ass

Male

CockyCash: 204080
Copperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot materialCopperhead is USC mascot material
Default Re: Alaina Coates

Yep. Kind of strange, but strange is working.
Keep it strange.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:09 AM   #42
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 74000
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

the doctors wouldn't let her go to California because they knew she would try to play. I also heard she was going to Dallas but didn't see here. everything she has done and meant for the team she should get her Willis Reed moment in the final.imo
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 06:44 AM   #43
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644373229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Alaina and A'ja go way back, so don't read anything into her not being there. I'm sure they have made sure she doesn't reinjure the ankle before the draft.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:57 PM   #44
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Was she in Dallas tonight?
Old 04-02-2017, 09:59 PM   #45
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
GAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervous

https://www.google.com/amp/s/larrybr...nal/360607/amp

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:04 PM   #46
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Love you Coates! Sorry they didn't let you be there. Hope you didn't hurt your ankle watching wherever you were!!
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:06 PM   #47
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
the doctors wouldn't let her go to California because they knew she would try to play. I also heard she was going to Dallas but didn't see here. everything she has done and meant for the team she should get her Willis Reed moment in the final.imo
yeah she would have, that makes some sense. The doctors kind of messed this situation up once in the SECT
Old 04-02-2017, 10:07 PM   #48
kingofnerf
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material

Quote:
“Our medical staff just thinks it’s best that she not move around on it and not jump around because the excitement of being at a Final Four, you don’t want to hurt that ankle any further,” Staley told The State. “She was going to come and our medical staff intervened, and we just thought it was best that she just stay off of it.”
Not letting her travel to Dallas enjoy something she helped build is wrong in many different ways.

What's wrong with her ankle? Hairline fracture or something?
Old 04-02-2017, 10:50 PM   #49
Wham
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 3000
Wham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot materialWham is USC mascot material

This might sound stupid but I think in the long run they did her a favor. As some who as a young dumb@$$ started to feel good after an injury and decided he was all good went and made things much worse and it remains a nagging injury 30 years later I say, Ms. Coates, heal up well, have an amazing professional career, and know you are a big part of what happened.
Wham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:54 PM   #50
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

If she does have a broken bone or fracture, they probably didn't clear her to fly with the team because of an increased risk of blood clots.

If it's a severe sprain, then I don't quite understand the decision.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:33 AM   #51
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wham View Post
This might sound stupid but I think in the long run they did her a favor. As some who as a young dumb@$$ started to feel good after an injury and decided he was all good went and made things much worse and it remains a nagging injury 30 years later I say, Ms. Coates, heal up well, have an amazing professional career, and know you are a big part of what happened.
yeah, she would be too tempted to get back on the floor and convince coach she could play and it would be a distraction for the team. Thinking deeply into it makes more sense. But it still kind of sucks she wasn't there.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:39 AM   #52
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 499716208
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
yeah, she would be too tempted to get back on the floor and convince coach she could play and it would be a distraction for the team. Thinking deeply into it makes more sense. But it still kind of sucks she wasn't there.
The selfish fan in me wanted her to be able to at least step on the court in the championship game. Alaina has been my favorite player to watch and it does kinda suck that she wasn't able to at least make the trip to Dallas.
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:02 PM   #53
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
The selfish fan in me wanted her to be able to at least step on the court in the championship game. Alaina has been my favorite player to watch and it does kinda suck that she wasn't able to at least make the trip to Dallas.
Agree. Pretty disappointing.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:17 PM   #54
Kinghardheaded
Walk On

Male

Kinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spurs

Alaina was at the ceremony today but the bond with the teammates seemed a little off for some reason.
Kinghardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #55
scunyon
I'm here, I'm the one

Male

scunyon has earned his spursscunyon has earned his spursscunyon has earned his spursscunyon has earned his spursscunyon has earned his spursscunyon has earned his spurs
Send a message via Yahoo to scunyon

I'm willing to bet she has some ligament damage. I dislocated my ankle and tore two ligaments and was out of work for three months.
scunyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:18 AM   #56
Jpol5598
Walk On

Male

Jpol5598 has hatched from the shell

I understand that they explained the reason that she didnt travel or even sit on the bench at the CLA during the 1st & 2nd rounds, but I do believe something happened. If you see her disconnect from the team, you can see some tension. The thought that came to my mind was when she constantly heard that the team was better without her, feelings were hurt. Every single game, every commentator said that the team was better. If I had busted my tail for four years and was carrying my team when no one was looking and all of a sudden I get injured and my team is better I would feel a type of way. Now I do believe the team was better because it allowed KD to be a star.(& we all know that is what her and her parents wanted the whole time) I don't know if I even saw alaina speak to anyone of her teammates. Maybe I'm wrong but I know from watching Alaina for so long that she is very emotional, her attitude comes through on the court(not bad but a beast mode mentality) I think her feelings are hurt. But that is just my pov.
Jpol5598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:36 AM   #57
Kinghardheaded
Walk On

Male

Kinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spursKinghardheaded has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpol5598 View Post
I understand that they explained the reason that she didnt travel or even sit on the bench at the CLA during the 1st & 2nd rounds, but I do believe something happened. If you see her disconnect from the team, you can see some tension. The thought that came to my mind was when she constantly heard that the team was better without her, feelings were hurt. Every single game, every commentator said that the team was better. If I had busted my tail for four years and was carrying my team when no one was looking and all of a sudden I get injured and my team is better I would feel a type of way. Now I do believe the team was better because it allowed KD to be a star.(& we all know that is what her and her parents wanted the whole time) I don't know if I even saw alaina speak to anyone of her teammates. Maybe I'm wrong but I know from watching Alaina for so long that she is very emotional, her attitude comes through on the court(not bad but a beast mode mentality) I think her feelings are hurt. But that is just my pov.

Yeah I totally agree I would be hurt as well. Especially if I felt like my teammates felt that way. She didn't talk to them at all, and when her named was called for achievements they deliberately didn't clap for her. I think what really shocked me and my friends was something we caught during Dawn's speech. When Dawn addressed them facing adversity during the season, Ty said "Yes and I can give you 41 reasons" sooooo yeah I would say something has happened for sure.
Kinghardheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 01:15 AM   #58
Jpol5598
Walk On

Male

Jpol5598 has hatched from the shell

wow I just went back and watch it and you are right. When she said that the whole team was so noo, dont say that, no tea( as in shade).
Jpol5598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #59
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 15000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

At this point, why does it matter?

I hope that she is ok and has a bright future. I'm sorry if her feelings are hurt because of what the media said,. If there is friction between her and her ex-teammates, there really isn't anything that we, as fans, can do.

Honestly, there is probably a LOT more drama than we ever get a chance to see or hear about. Since this isn't something that we need to be concerned about for next year, I would say as far as fans of the program goes, this is a dead issue.
TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:47 AM   #60
uscfan1
Make Yourself

Male

CockyCash: 5200
uscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot materialuscfan1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpol5598 View Post
wow I just went back and watch it and you are right. When she said that the whole team was so noo, dont say that, no tea( as in shade).
Huh?
uscfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote