CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
smoovecock
Master Bedroom
Spur's Addiction
SanAntonioCock
spareparts
kick_ball
Jim Lahey
LBC
Three and Out
Your favorite albums (398)
Jhondre Jefferson - (314)
Samsung just unveile (240)
Gamecocks Receive Fo (202)
#SpursUp x 4 (156)
Greer Adult Baseball (56)
Caterham 7 (0)
2018 - Jaycee Horn
CFN Era Top 20 Coaches: N
2018 - Jonathan Gipson
Samsung just unveiled the
2018 Commitment - Jesus G
Jhondre Jefferson - The B
Gamecocks Tailgate Playli
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
***The Open Championship*
2019 - Jacob Monk

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:21 AM   #601
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit
Default Re: 2017 NCAA Tournament:**USC (23-10) vs. Duke (28-8) GAME Thread**

Thornwell has scored 53 points in the NCAAT. Does that give him the school record for the most points scored by a USC player in the NCAAT?

I'm sure the 65 points is the USC record for points scored in one half in the NCAAT. It might be a school record for points in a half anywhere.

I'm sure the points scored by USC in these two games is a school record for scoring average by USC in the NCAAT.

Not bad for a team that doesn't shoot well and struggles to score.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:25 AM   #602
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

I am impressed and pleased with the courage and poise of freshman "Fearless Felder". Very rare for a freshman.

I think that is the best game Silva has played at USC.

Notice had an excellent game last night. And against Marquette.

Thornwell was his usual excellent self.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:41 AM   #603
GamecockinILL
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 600
GamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot materialGamecockinILL is USC mascot material

My son and I watched and celebrated, high-fived, hugged, and cried. We were at the World Series when we finally won our first championship....and dang if this didn't feel almost as good in our living room in Peoria.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:47 AM   #604
HHess
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 7382743
HHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudlyHHess is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I'm about to leave for Greenville. If you're going to the women's game, please pull them through; I feel guilty about not being there. Beating Duke in the NCAAT, however, is a once in a lifetime experience.
Good choice! Glad you got to witness history!
Old 03-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #605
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quite possibly the greatest website update ever:

http://www.diddukewin.com
Old 03-20-2017, 09:27 AM   #606
KMac
ಠ_ಠ

Male

CockyCash: 4908600
KMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot materialKMac is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymark550 View Post
Quite possibly the greatest website update ever:

http://www.diddukewin.com
And that is not going to change until November. Love it
Old 03-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #607
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet&BLK View Post
Anyone know where I can rewatch it? I missed most of the middle part of the game while at work
+1

Only got to see the first half.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #608
Take-a-Knee
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10000
Take-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot materialTake-a-Knee is USC mascot material

Duke played well enough to beat anyone imo and we put it together to beat them soundly .. We can win this thing as much as anyone , we're in the hunt and playing well ..

GO GAMECOCKS !!!

Old 03-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #609
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
+1

+2
Old 03-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #610
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee View Post
Duke played well enough to beat anyone imo and we put it together to beat them soundly .. We can win this thing as much as anyone , we're in the hunt and playing well ..

GO GAMECOCKS !!!

We have a very favorable draw in NYC, that's for sure. Still an uphill climb though. Baylor's very athletic. Looking to the other game, I don't know if I'd rather go up against UF or Wisconsin. UF is obviously very familiar with our play but I think Wisconsin got a bad seed and are much better than an 8. But, first up, Baylor. Very athletic.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #611
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

i dont even think the replays are available anywhere unless you can find a torrent which i also think arent easily readily available. i did see one for kansas so maybe our game will pop up somewhere.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:09 AM   #612
FeelingCocky
Walk On

Male

FeelingCocky has hatched from the shell

Can't remember the last time I was excited while at work on a Monday. Still feel giddy about that win....unbelievable.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #613
FeelingCocky
Walk On

Male

FeelingCocky has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
+1

Not a replay, but here is a video of every 2nd half basket by the Gamecocks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRHA-Hskghk
Old 03-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #614
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingCocky View Post
Not a replay, but here is a video of every 2nd half basket by the Gamecocks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRHA-Hskghk
Thanks, yeah, I did come across that video.

This game was like the invasion of the body snatchers. Whoever we had shooting the ball in the first half was NOT the same guys we had out there after halftime. In one sequence in the first half, we had 3 chances right under the basket and missed all three attempts. Then in the 2nd half we're hitting NBA range 3s??
Old 03-20-2017, 11:45 AM   #615
markymark550
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2000
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Thornwell has scored 53 points in the NCAAT. Does that give him the school record for the most points scored by a USC player in the NCAAT?

I'm sure the 65 points is the USC record for points scored in one half in the NCAAT. It might be a school record for points in a half anywhere.

I'm sure the points scored by USC in these two games is a school record for scoring average by USC in the NCAAT.

Not bad for a team that doesn't shoot well and struggles to score.
To answer your questions:

Sin doesn't have the most points scored in the NCAA Tournament (yet). Tom Riker had 69 points in the 1972 tournament. For total points in all tournament appearances, it's probably Kevin Joyce, but I haven't added up the numbers.

65 points is the record for points in a half in the NCAA Tournament. The media guide doesn't have non-conference and pre-SEC games, but that would be a record for SEC games, SEC Tournament games, NIT games, and NCAA Tournament games.

Currently, the 90.5 scoring average we have would be the highest scoring average for a team in the NCAA Tournament.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:58 AM   #616
nin_usc_freak92
Class of 2015

Male

CockyCash: 3400
nin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot materialnin_usc_freak92 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
I am impressed and pleased with the courage and poise of freshman "Fearless Felder". Very rare for a freshman.

I think that is the best game Silva has played at USC.

Notice had an excellent game last night. And against Marquette.

Thornwell was his usual excellent self.
Seeing Silva FINALLY receive an alley oop pass cleanly and finish it off without the ball bouncing out or something stupid told me we were going to be on fire in the 2nd half. I've seen our guards try to make that work a lot in the past month, and 9/10 times it's bit us in the ass. Silva is going to be key moving forward - he just needs to keep up his awareness that a bad foul late in the game isn't worth it when he's the cornerstone of our inside game.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #617
Eug Cock
Old Dixie Youth

Male

Eug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudlyEug Cock is crowing loudly

I think this has the complete game:
http://www.replayhighlights.com/sout...march-19-2017/
...am I allowed to post this link?

fast forward a bit on it and the game is there

"Our history is not all that super before we got here..."
-HBC
Old 03-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #618
CockyDevil
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1539
CockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot materialCockyDevil is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyspurs07 View Post
I don't know, but we were 2 away from tying the all time single game tournament record for steals.

I'm pretty sure it was the 1990 Loyola Marymount team that put up 250 in their first 2 games without the nations leading scorer, who died in the conference tourney.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #619
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

This is why I'm such an admirer of Coach K:

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...ething-special

For whatever one thinks about him, he's consistently complimentary to opposing teams and coaches. And he never fails to give credit to the opposition, whether it's a win or a loss.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:56 PM   #620
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 233
InletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot materialInletCock1989 is USC mascot material

I still can't believe our 72% shooting and the points we scored in the half against Dook.
Closed Thread