CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
Senior Rooster
GregoryHouse
Lonnie
M.C.
Spur's Addiction
usc1
Cockhornleghorn
Spurticus
gotrice?
POSSIBLY The Greates (2601)
Swinney shows class (1844)
Deebo's return? (1731)
Thoughts from Knoxvi (1306)
Bowl pick post week (942)
24 months ago Spurri (899)
Vandy Game (881)
We're the only schoo (768)
Gamecock Stats at th (588)
Butch breaks down UT (541)
Swinney shows class
Butch breaks down UT's lo
We're the only school in
POSSIBLY The Greatest Coa
Ryan Succop on NFL record
Bowl pick post week 7
Deebo's return?
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Thoughts from Knoxville
2018 - Dax Hollifield

Old 04-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #21
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material
Default Re: 6'4 Tori McCoy transferring from Ohio State

Not a fan of package deals....a player will come to play for you if you promise to sign a sibling. Once you let the player and/or family dictate to you, nothing good comes from it.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #22
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockfather View Post
Saw that's this morning. Early word was she wanted to be back closer to home. Still, I would not expect coach Staley to have interest. PG is not a need.

As for McCoy, she played for a coach that allows its guards to just jack up shots. It's all about K. Mitchell at OSU. Maybe she felt she was not being properly developed. However, she is a post. She could play high post, bus she's not a wing. If she's not willing to be a part of something bigger than herself, then I would not want to jeopardize recruiting NaLyssa Smith and Olivia Nelson-Ododa.

LaDazhia Williams is going to be a good one folks. Kiki will be much improved next season and Jennings will be a two year starter.
Kiki is a terrific athlete and has a nice shot; I think she will be a great one.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #23
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 128525262
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
Not a fan of package deals....a player will come to play for you if you promise to sign a sibling. Once you let the player and/or family dictate to you, nothing good comes from it.
Just another form of loyalty. I can dig it. It is up to the program to decide if the tagalong is worth a roster spot.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #24
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat View Post
Marcus lattimore/Nick jones
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #25
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Saw that's this morning. Early word was she wanted to be back closer to home. Still, I would not expect coach Staley to have interest. PG is not a need.

As for McCoy, she played for a coach that allows its guards to just jack up shots. It's all about K. Mitchell at OSU. Maybe she felt she was not being properly developed. However, she is a post. She could play high post, bus she's not a wing. If she's not willing to be a part of something bigger than herself, then I would not want to jeopardize recruiting NaLyssa Smith and Olivia Nelson-Ododa.

LaDazhia Williams is going to be a good one folks. Kiki will be much improved next season and Jennings will be a two year starter.
I disagree about Slocum. We don't really need a point guard, but she is not just a good passer, but a big time scorer. She would be a great replacement for Cuevas, and upgrade probably. Rotation of Harris, Slocum, Bradshaw Henderson would be tremendous
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:21 PM   #26
Ahmad
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 675575501
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Don't forget Clowney and the Dixon bros
Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:10 PM   #27
Cockfather
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

[quote=EAtMoRTaYtErz;4968024]I disagree about Slocum. We don't really need a point guard, but she is not just a good passer, but a big time scorer. She would be a great replacement for Cuevas, and upgrade probably. Rotation of Harris, Slocum, Bradshaw Henderson would be tremendous[/QUOTE

Destanni He derision isn't a similar player. Coach was a PG. She is loyal to her PGs. She has Harris and Bradshaw returning. Henderson is a top 10 player. I just don't see it happening.

Slocum is a great player, no doubt. I just don't see her at SC. Not with the guards we have and players coach is recruiting for 2018 and 2019.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 12:51 AM   #28
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

[quote=Cockfather;4968128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
I disagree about Slocum. We don't really need a point guard, but she is not just a good passer, but a big time scorer. She would be a great replacement for Cuevas, and upgrade probably. Rotation of Harris, Slocum, Bradshaw Henderson would be tremendous[/QUOTE

Destanni He derision isn't a similar player. Coach was a PG. She is loyal to her PGs. She has Harris and Bradshaw returning. Henderson is a top 10 player. I just don't see it happening.

Slocum is a great player, no doubt. I just don't see her at SC. Not with the guards we have and players coach is recruiting for 2018 and 2019.
Slocum is a proven scorer. Which is something we always need. Slocum is two years ahead of Henderson. I don't think Dawn would think its not showing loyalty to players just because they have competition. I don't imagine she would not want to get the best talent we could get here let them compete against each other in practice for playing time. Our should I say, who's destiny is brighter lol?
Old 04-07-2017, 07:23 AM   #29
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1748
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate View Post
Marcus and Nick Jones were not family and Nick Jones was a talented player and worth a scholly if there was no Marcus.

The Dixons were on the all-time best Shrine Bowl D Line - held NC to under 100 yards total offense - and were worth scholarships on their own. That was proven on the field as both started a bunch of games. One Dixon went to a different school even - the Dixons were better examples of legacy recruits, which is a different animal.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 02:37 PM   #30
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

[quote=Cockfather;4968128]
Quote:
I disagree about Slocum. We don't really need a point guard, but she is not just a good passer, but a big time scorer. She would be a great replacement for Cuevas, and upgrade probably. Rotation of Harris, Slocum, Bradshaw Henderson would be tremendous[/QUOTE

Not sure why you see Bradshaw as a factor. She's the third PG at best and I don't think she is a major factor in roster building decisions.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #31
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1748
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

[quote=VBCock;4968554]
Quote:

Not sure why you see Bradshaw as a factor. She's the third PG at best and I don't think she is a major factor in roster building decisions.
Yeah, don't see a lot of PT for Bradshaw with Harris firmly entrenched in that role. But you never know - she does have talent and can approve if she works hard.

Last edited by Ace Dilcock; 04-07-2017 at 05:04 PM..
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:01 PM   #32
Cockfather
Walk On

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

[quote=Ace Dilcock;4968629]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCock View Post

Yeah, don't see a lot PT for Bradshaw with Harris firmly entrenched in that role. But you never know - she does have talent and can approve if she works hard.
That's my point. Harris is entrenched as the starter. Bradshaw will be a very capable backup until Destanni Henderson arrives. There's really no need for Slocum. I just don't see Dawn recruiting Slocum. Harris is entrenched and Henderson is committed. Why risk losing Henderson?

I would be elated if Dawn did land Slocum. I just don't think that's how she operates. Player loyalty matters to her.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:18 PM   #33
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106487138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Kiki is a terrific athlete and has a nice shot; I think she will be a great one.
She just doesn't hustle though. She loafs up the court and gets out hustled on defense.
Old 04-07-2017, 06:52 PM   #34
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
She just doesn't hustle though. She loafs up the court and gets out hustled on defense.
She's not that fit. She still has a kid's body. I think she has potential to be like a Jaime Nared kind of player but she she needs conditioning and coaching.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:14 PM   #35
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

[quote=Cockfather;4968667]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post

That's my point. Harris is entrenched as the starter. Bradshaw will be a very capable backup until Destanni Henderson arrives. There's really no need for Slocum. I just don't see Dawn recruiting Slocum. Harris is entrenched and Henderson is committed. Why risk losing Henderson?

I would be elated if Dawn did land Slocum. I just don't think that's how she operates. Player loyalty matters to her.
Slocum's ability to score a lot of points is definitely something that would help us greatly. It's not about her being a point guard. Henderson is likely going to be a great player. But when you commit to National Contender you do are not entitled to start as a freshman just because you are highly rated coming out of high school. Bradshaw was also pretty highly rated coming out of high school, almost as high as Harris and she will have been in the system 2 years when 2018 starts so she deserves some respect and not act like its a forgone conclusion that Henderson will start over Bradshaw. Alaina Coates and A'Ja Wilson both came off the bench for 2 years for crying out loud. Dawn LIKES to play a lot of players and keep them fresh. She is not Geno Auerimma. I am not going to act like I know what she is thinking but I would not be shocked to hear we are recruiting Slocum if she is interested.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #36
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPit

[quote=EAtMoRTaYtErz;4968722]
Quote:

Slocum's ability to score a lot of points is definitely something that would help us greatly. It's not about her being a point guard. Henderson is likely going to be a great player. But when you commit to National Contender you do are not entitled to start as a freshman just because you are highly rated coming out of high school. Bradshaw was also pretty highly rated coming out of high school, almost as high as Harris and she will have been in the system 2 years when 2018 starts so she deserves some respect and not act like its a forgone conclusion that Henderson will start over Bradshaw. Alaina Coates and A'Ja Wilson both came off the bench for 2 years for crying out loud. Dawn LIKES to play a lot of players and keep them fresh. She is not Geno Auerimma. I am not going to act like I know what she is thinking but I would not be shocked to hear we are recruiting Slocum if she is interested.
For me, getting Slocum is about having options, not loyalty to one player over the other. If Colley did not transfer we would have been splitting the PG duties between four people.

Secondly, I'm looking at this from an efficiency standpoint. Harris had about 115 assists despite only starting a portion of the season. Putting her with Slocum who had 200+ assists(for Maryland top 5 in every offensive category) could only help us offensively. Now, throw in Henderson who seems to be a slasher, however, since she was heavily recruited by both Maryland and Notre Dame I will give her the benefit of the doubt that she can run an offense. These three playing off of each other would be a special treat.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #37
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

[quote=CockyGuy;4968754]
Quote:

For me, getting Slocum is about having options, not loyalty to one player over the other. If Colley did not transfer we would have been splitting the PG duties between four people.

Secondly, I'm looking at this from an efficiency standpoint. Harris had about 115 assists despite only starting a portion of the season. Putting her with Slocum who had 200+ assists(for Maryland top 5 in every offensive category) could only help us offensively. Now, throw in Henderson who seems to be a slasher, however, since she was heavily recruited by both Maryland and Notre Dame I will give her the benefit of the doubt that she can run an offense. These three playing off of each other would be a special treat.
I don't see the issue in playing two point guards - and by playing, I mean starting them together.

Also Slocum is a lot better than Bradshaw and Bradshaw has not really played.

Not upsetting a recruit, I can see if that is an issue, but don't see why it would be.

Of the transfers out there so far, I think Vandy graduate guard Rebekah Dahlman is interesting.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:06 PM   #38
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I don't care who starts and who doesn't. That is Dawn's decision. I think Slocum probably wants to head west to be closer to home. But if Slocum wants to play for us, we are not going to say no to a player who was one of the top freshman in the country this year. Slocum would have an edge over Bradshaw likely, but Bradshaw has another year to show what she can do and win Staley's favor. The year after Cuevas would be gone. That leaves us with Harris, Bradshaw and true Freshman Henderson. Pecking order likely would be 1.Harris 2. Bradshaw, 3.Henderson. Throw Slocum into the mix who knows what they order would be. As good as Henderson is, and she will be a great one, you can expect her to be at the bottom of the order in her first year.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #39
VBCock
4-Star

Male

Quote:
I don't care who starts and who doesn't. That is Dawn's decision. I think Slocum probably wants to head west to be closer to home. But if Slocum wants to play for us, we are not going to say no to a player who was one of the top freshman in the country this year. Slocum would have an edge over Bradshaw likely, but Bradshaw has another year to show what she can do and win Staley's favor. The year after Cuevas would be gone. That leaves us with Harris, Bradshaw and true Freshman Henderson. Pecking order likely would be 1.Harris 2. Bradshaw, 3.Henderson. Throw Slocum into the mix who knows what they order would be. As good as Henderson is, and she will be a great one, you can expect her to be at the bottom of the order in her first year.
I think you are putting Bradshaw on the depth chart simply because she's on the roster.

I see Bradshaw as being somewhat similar to Tiffany Davis.

I don't know a ton about Henderson, but I would imagine based on her ratings that she would immediately win the backup job.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:49 PM   #40
CockyGuy
One Varsity Letter

Male

CockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPitCockyGuy rules the CockPit

[quote=VBCock;4969827][quote=CockyGuy;4968754

Of the transfers out there so far, I think Vandy graduate guard Rebekah Dahlman is interesting.[/QUOTE]

Dahlman would be a nice addition. She shot around 44% from 3 point range for her Vandy career. With Balcomb running whatever offensive plays for her to get open looks this could work. Will she be considered as redshirt senior, or a graduate transfer, and does she have to sit out regardless?