CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Blitzkrieg
Ace Dilcock
GregoryHouse
acejrock
longhaul
CockNJersey
sporkgod50
AtlGAMECOCK
thumpin big
The FCC has voted to (468)
OK...the RRHoF is ju (443)
Disney to buy 21st C (187)
2019 - Tyler Fromm (175)
Cure Bowl: GEORGIA S (167)
New Orleans Bowl: NO (153)
Place to stay (121)
2020 - Brandon Field (101)
2021 - Chaz Chamblis (101)
Camellia Bowl: MIDDL (100)
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
The FCC has voted to repe
Thoughs On Men's BB At Ex
Question regarding new OC
Bentley Offensive Philoso
2018 - Channing Tindall
Place to stay
Company of Heroes 2 free
2019 - Tyler Fromm
2018 - Jovaughn Gwyn

Old 04-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #41
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 6'4 Tori McCoy transferring from Ohio State

[quote=CockyGuy;4969881]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCock View Post

Dahlman would be a nice addition. She shot around 44% from 3 point range for her Vandy career. With Balcomb running whatever offensive plays for her to get open looks this could work. Will she be considered as redshirt senior, or a graduate transfer, and does she have to sit out regardless?
She would be a graduate transfer (like Imovbioh last year) and would not have to sit out a year. Immediate eligibility and would likely start at the 3, filling out the wings with Cuevas.

Dahlman would be an insanely good pickup for SC, especially with Balcomb (her former coach at Vandy now on our staff). She can score at all three levels, is a tough guard, and can play defense. And players like Dahlman get better when they are around better players. Don't get me wrong, she was good at Vandy.. but on a team running the floor with Harris, Cuevas, Wilson and Jennings.. dahlman could be better than good.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:31 PM   #42
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5500
scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

[quote=DorchesterGamecock;4969935]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyGuy View Post

She would be a graduate transfer (like Imovbioh last year) and would not have to sit out a year. Immediate eligibility and would likely start at the 3, filling out the wings with Cuevas.

Dahlman would be an insanely good pickup for SC, especially with Balcomb (her former coach at Vandy now on our staff). She can score at all three levels, is a tough guard, and can play defense. And players like Dahlman get better when they are around better players. Don't get me wrong, she was good at Vandy.. but on a team running the floor with Harris, Cuevas, Wilson and Jennings.. dahlman could be better than good.
Dahlman can play defense ? Um, ok, if you say so . I haven't watched her that much . I know she can shoot so I figured defense was probably the reason her playing time decreased . She wasn't starting the last part of the season . Didn't start against us and played 14 minutes .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #43
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

[quote=CockyGuy;4969881]
Quote:

Dahlman would be a nice addition. She shot around 44% from 3 point range for her Vandy career. With Balcomb running whatever offensive plays for her to get open looks this could work. Will she be considered as redshirt senior, or a graduate transfer, and does she have to sit out regardless?
She graduated. RS Sr. No idea if she's an option for us. She's from Minnesota, but she does have the connection to our program.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 11:23 PM   #44
Jpol5598
Walk On

Male

Jpol5598 has hatched from the shell

Did any of yall actually watch her play?? & yall think she plays good defense? hahaha! But really I would rather have some of all younger players to get more playing time. If she came she would get less mins than she did at vandy
Jpol5598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #45
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

I said "Dahlman can play defense", because she can. I didn't say she's a great or exceptional defender. At this point, is she playing defense at the level Dawn would expect? No. Neither were Gray and Davis for the first half of the season. But by season's end they were. Point being, you get better.

Read slower, it helps.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:53 AM   #46
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

[quote=scfastpitch;4970037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post

Dahlman can play defense ? Um, ok, if you say so . I haven't watched her that much . I know she can shoot so I figured defense was probably the reason her playing time decreased . She wasn't starting the last part of the season . Didn't start against us and played 14 minutes .
She's been hurt a good part of her career including last season, I believe.

I think having her in the rotation might be a better option for a team that wants to contend for a title more than maybe Bradshaw or Patrick. She would not even have to start to be a contributor, but I am not sure that we are going to have all conference players at four positions next season so maybe she would.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:37 PM   #47
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

[quote=scfastpitch;4970037]
Quote:

The reason her playing time decreased is because she was battling her way back from multiple injuries the last year or so.

This conversation is now null though, Dahlman is going to DePaul. She will fit in well there.. they have an aggressive offensive system that emphasizes shooters.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:09 PM   #48
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervous

"Dahlman is a McDonald's All-American who is coming off an injury plagued season in 2016-17 in which she sustained a hamstring injury, a sprained ankle and a concussion."

Wow this girl seems to have bad luck with her health , I hope it works out for her at DePaul.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #49
Jpol5598
Walk On

Male

Quote:
I said "Dahlman can play defense", because she can. I didn't say she's a great or exceptional defender. At this point, is she playing defense at the level Dawn would expect? No. Neither were Gray and Davis for the first half of the season. But by season's end they were. Point being, you get better.

Read slower, it helps.
Why does everybody have to be a snowflake? She is not even close to being good enough to touch the floor for Dawn's team. You obviously don't know your basketball, KD was a pathetic defender all year long. Her offensive skill set was too essential to the team to take her off the floor. Point being, don't be so sensitive.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:36 PM   #50
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpol5598 View Post
Why does everybody have to be a snowflake? She is not even close to being good enough to touch the floor for Dawn's team. You obviously don't know your basketball, KD was a pathetic defender all year long. Her offensive skill set was too essential to the team to take her off the floor. Point being, don't be so sensitive.
Point being, you're at 36 posts when you should've stopped posting after #1. Post less. We'll all be grateful.
Old 04-11-2017, 11:43 PM   #51
Jpol5598
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Point being, you're at 36 posts when you should've stopped posting after #1. Post less. We'll all be grateful.
stfu
Old 04-12-2017, 01:09 AM   #52
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
stfu
Old 04-12-2017, 01:58 AM   #53
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think you are putting Bradshaw on the depth chart simply because she's on the roster.

I see Bradshaw as being somewhat similar to Tiffany Davis.

I don't know a ton about Henderson, but I would imagine based on her ratings that she would immediately win the backup job.
We didn't sign her as a top 30 player to not play. She is going to compete for as much playing time as she can. You don't sign players to be back ups. Who starts and who is back up is something the coach has to constantly reevaluate. You are talking about Bradshaw like she is a walk on when she is a top 30 recruit who has only been on year one the team!! Point being, Henderson is going have competition regardless of who else we get. When you sign to a national champion you know that is what you are signing up for and the really good players think they are going to win that competition anyways and aren't afraid of it.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:10 AM   #54
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Davis played good defense at the end of the year. First 2/3 was bad though. oaverall effort was pretty bad too but she turned it around.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:30 AM   #55
VBCock
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
We didn't sign her as a top 30 player to not play. She is going to compete for as much playing time as she can. You don't sign players to be back ups. Who starts and who is back up is something the coach has to constantly reevaluate. You are talking about Bradshaw like she is a walk on when she is a top 30 recruit who has only been on year one the team!! Point being, Henderson is going have competition regardless of who else we get. When you sign to a national champion you know that is what you are signing up for and the really good players think they are going to win that competition anyways and aren't afraid of it.
She was an unrated player who jumped up in the ratings based on a good summer.

We will see how it turns out but there hasn't really been any indication that she's going to be a major factor.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:38 PM   #56
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 15000
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
stfu
Glad to see that you made #37 really count, congrats.

TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:39 PM   #57
Jpol5598
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Glad to see that you made #37 really count, congrats.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2017, 03:07 AM   #58
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
She was an unrated player who jumped up in the ratings based on a good summer.

We will see how it turns out but there hasn't really been any indication that she's going to be a major factor.
Freshman that sat most the year on the bench like most freshman do. Doesn't mean anything one or the other. We recruit players and we expect them to get better and contribute by default. What happens in high school is high school. Real tests start once you get on campus. You have no idea who is going to thrive and who is going to have issues. Goes for Bradshaw, Henderson was the same for Aja and for Jatari White,etc. Coaches don't really know what is going to happen once the players get here start to doing work, and neither we nor the fans should expect differently.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:21 AM   #59
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
Freshman that sat most the year on the bench like most freshman do. Doesn't mean anything one or the other. We recruit players and we expect them to get better and contribute by default. What happens in high school is high school. Real tests start once you get on campus. You have no idea who is going to thrive and who is going to have issues. Goes for Bradshaw, Henderson was the same for Aja and for Jatari White,etc. Coaches don't really know what is going to happen once the players get here start to doing work, and neither we nor the fans should expect differently.
Agreed , Freshman are usually found on the bench and it's way too early to determine what becomes of Bradshaw at this point. She stayed on the bench because she wasn't absolutely necessary to the team this year. Harris was the exception this year and you can't hold Bradshaw to that same standard. Just as if Jatarie would have stayed people would likely have the similar doubts about Kiki but considering our lack of post players she got more playing time to prove herself.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:42 PM   #60
JDuro
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
JDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPitJDuro rules the CockPit

Transferring to Marquette. https://twitter.com/lastsecondshot_/...64263851233282
JDuro is offline   Reply With Quote