CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
carolina_corpsman
Captain9Dragons
uscGRAD04
The Yancey
Y Formation
ChunkSnackwell
spareparts
USCharleston2
gotrice?
2019 - Ahdarrious Ge (887)
CFN Era Top 20 Coach (280)
Discussion: 2019 Rec (270)
Beach Volleyball nab (254)
Nice addition for be (232)
2017 Team USA U19 Wo (213)
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2019 - Ahdarrious Gee
Beach Volleyball nabs a T
2018 - Tyquan Johnson
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2018 - Trey Dean
2018 - Jaycee Horn
2018 - KJ Henry
2018 - Josh Vann
2018 - Ronnie Jamison

Old 04-13-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 200
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default WNBA Draft

Alaina Coates goes #2 overall
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #2
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: WNBA Draft

Alisha Gray #4 overall
Old 04-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #3
Gamecocknation2001
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocknation2001 is sharpening his clawsGamecocknation2001 is sharpening his clawsGamecocknation2001 is sharpening his clawsGamecocknation2001 is sharpening his claws

Allisha Gray goes 4th Congrats to both!!! Way to go! It say a lot about Dawn Staley and the level of talent here!
Gamecocknation2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #4
TaySC
Starter

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

http://www.cockytalk.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=91

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
WNBA Draft on ESPN2 from now until 8.

Kelsey Plum (Washington) goes #1 and is announced by Dawn Staley.

Alaina Coates (USC) goes #2 in the WNBA Draft. Goooo Cocks!!!!!! ......... highest draft pick ever for the Gamecocks in WBB!

Evelyn Akhator (Kentucky) goes #3 in the draft.

Allisha Gray (USC) goes #4 in the WNBA Draft. Goooo Cocks!!!!!!!

Nia Coffey (Northwestern) goes #5 in the draft.

Shatori Walker-Kimbrough (Maryland) goes #6 in the draft.

Britney Sykes (Syracuse) goes #7 in the draft.

Brionna Jones (Maryland) goes #8 in the draft.

Tori Jankoska (Michigan State) goes #9 in the draft.

Kaela Davis (USC) goes #10 in the WNBA Draft. Goooo Cocks!!!!!!!!
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:54 PM   #5
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Kaela Davis #10 overall
Old 04-13-2017, 09:05 PM   #6
TaySC
Starter

Male

TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Epps (KY), as much hype as she received, went 33rd out of 36 players drafted. She was that close to going undrafted.........
Old 04-13-2017, 09:11 PM   #7
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spurs

Quote:
Epps (KY), as much hype as she received, went 33rd out of 36 players drafted. She was that close to going undrafted.........
Personally I think she got shafted, but better to be drafted than to not. She'll get a chance to prove herself to make a roster.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:20 PM   #8
TaySC
Starter

Male

Personally I doubt she does much in the WNBA. I think they realized that she just doesn't have the size or ability to go against a team full of elite athletes.

Time will tell.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #9
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spurs

I agree, but the same could be said of some of the talent selected before her. But again she's has a chance which is all that matter.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:53 PM   #10
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

This is a great night to be a Gamecock. I think Epps will likely make a roster. I don't care for her, but she's a good player.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:06 PM   #11
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

Does anyone else sense that Coates has a reasonable chance to get traded to Dallas? Based on the unexpected pick of Akhator being selected 3rd it seems as if they were anticipating picking Alaina but got derailed at the last second. If it happens they might lose either Gray or Davis in the process.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:51 PM   #12
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Congrats to those ladies!
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:22 AM   #13
Three and Out
Starter

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan View Post
Congrats to those ladies!
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:26 AM   #14
M.C.
Gamecock4Life

Male

CockyCash: 8888888
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

what do wnba players make? I know it isn't much

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:45 AM   #15
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
what do wnba players make? I know it isn't much
I believe it's around 70k on average but the real money comes with playing overseas in the off-season to supplement.

Old 04-14-2017, 06:55 AM   #16
ccured
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 36329
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

most recent numbers i could find.
WNBA Salary Scale
WNBA Minimum Team Salary Scale
Years of Service 2008 2010 2010 2011 2012 2013
0- 2 $34,500 $35,190 $35,880 $36,570 $37,260 $37,950
3+ $50,000 $51,000 $52,000 $53,000 $54,000 $55,000
WNBA Team Salary Cap
WNBA Minimum Team Salary Cap
2008 2010 2010 2011 2012 2013
$750,000 $772,000 $796,000 $819,000 $844,000 $869,000
WNBA Maximum Team Salary Cap
2008 2010 2010 2011 2012 2013
$772,000 $803,000 $827,000 $852,000 $878,000 $913,000
WNBA Bonuses
WNBA Champion - $10,500 per player
Championship Runner-up - $5,250 per player
Eliminated in semifinals - $2,625 per player
Eliminated in quarterfinals - $1,050 per player
Most Valuable Player Award - $15,000
All-WNBA First Team Award - $10,000 per player
All-WNBA Second Team Award - $5,000 per player
Defensive Player Award - $5,000
Sportsmanship Award - $5,000
Rookie of the Year Award - $5,000
Most Improved Player Award - $5,000
WNBA Salary Fast Facts:
Rookie minimum salary: $34,500
Average rookie salary: $36,500, plus daily allowance
Veteran (over 3 years with the WNBA) minimum: $50,000,
Maximum salary: $95,000
Team salary cap: $750,000, which teams may exceed by 4%
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #17
JoeCock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 19484
JoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot materialJoeCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Would you say;
"She LIMPED in to this draft"? If so, that would mirror her playing career.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #18
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

So what is the most impressive thing about last night?
  • We had three players in the Top Ten, including #2 and #4.
  • Our #10 pick was actually projected higher - we could have 3 in the Top 6-8 players chosen.
  • We will still be one of the best teams in the country without them.
  • None of those three were our best player.

Love me some Ladies!
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:37 AM   #19
FurmanCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
So what is the most impressive thing about last night?
  • We had three players in the Top Ten, including #2 and #4.
  • Our #10 pick was actually projected higher - we could have 3 in the Top 6-8 players chosen.
  • We will still be one of the best teams in the country without them.
  • None of those three were our best player.

Love me some Ladies!
All of the above! I still wish Gray and Davis had used up all of their eligibility and wanted to play for another national championship, but both being drafted in the top 10, I can't argue with their decision. I wish them well, and thank them for a Championship.

Regarding player salaries, I think I had read somewhere that the average first year salary for WNBA players was around $40K, but obviously, the real money is in playing internationally.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:45 AM   #20
WeCocky2001
Banned

Male

WeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talonsWeCocky2001 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post
Does anyone else sense that Coates has a reasonable chance to get traded to Dallas? Based on the unexpected pick of Akhator being selected 3rd it seems as if they were anticipating picking Alaina but got derailed at the last second. If it happens they might lose either Gray or Davis in the process.

Oh for sure.

100%
WeCocky2001 is offline   Reply With Quote