CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
JerseyBird
SNEEZ
Ironfan
sporkgod50
kingofnerf
Luke Skycocker
InletCock1989
Legalman72
TaySC
2017 Gulf Coast Show (1146)
WR out???? (1059)
miama-pitt game (908)
CT Scan for abdomina (604)
Someone please expla (600)
It isn't Florida, bu (315)
cell phone lights ar (266)
Good Luck Tomorrow! (190)
Travel Time - Italy (183)
Clemson Gameday Park (162)
miama-pitt game
cell phone lights around
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
South Carolina
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
Good Luck Tomorrow!
NCAAF: CLEMSON TATERS @ S
WR out????
Clemson: Countdown to Kic
Never Again

Old 04-19-2017, 09:37 PM   #1
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9899111
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material
Default 2017 Roster

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...askbl-mtt.html

No. NAME Pos Hgt Wgt Cl Exp Home Town/Last School
13 Tommy Corchiani G 6'1" 173 SO HS Raleigh, N.C.
2 Hassani Gravett 6'1" 183 RS JR TR Villa Rica, Ga.
12 Khadim Gueye F 7' 235 SO HS Senegal/Victory Rock
23 Evan Hinson G 6'4" 238 SO HS Deltona, Fla./Deltona
1 Kory Holden G 6'1" 181 RS JR 2VL Salisbury, Md./J.B.
21 Maik Kotsar F 610" 245 SO HS Est./Sunrise Christian
25 Christian Schmitt G 6' 175 FR HS Mars, Pa./Mars Area
30 Chris Silva F 6'9" 223 JR 1VL Gabon/Roselle, NJ
David Beatty G 6'4" 200 FR HS Phil, PA,/Imhotep Charter
I Doumbia F 6'8" 220 FR HS Miami,Fla Country Day School
Felipe Haase C 6'8" 250 FR HS La, Calif/Cathedral High

Jason Cudd C 7" 250 FR HS MB, SC/Socastee High

Justin Minaya F 6'7" 190 FR HS, Westwood, NJ

Frank Booker G 6'4" 190 SR FAU Grad Trans

Wes Myers G 6' 2' 186 SR Maine Grad Trans

Last edited by Senior Rooster; 10-31-2017 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: URL to Official Roster
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 11000
Garnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot materialGarnet/Black Fan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2017 Roster

K
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:01 AM   #3
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

This thread wins.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:58 AM   #4
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062190122800
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

I still find it funny that our women just won a National Title and all everyone here seems to want to talk about, or almost everyone is the mens team. I mean final 4 is great, but guys we didn't win the title. haha

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:14 AM   #5
Aekkaa
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Aekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudlyAekkaa is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
I still find it funny that our women just won a National Title and all everyone here seems to want to talk about, or almost everyone is the mens team. I mean final 4 is great, but guys we didn't win the title. haha
I mean, at the end of the day, it's still just women's basketball. The only reason any USC fans talk about it at all is because we happen to be a powerhouse in the sport.
Aekkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:55 AM   #6
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
The women winning the title is fantastic, but that program looks to be on more stable bearing under Dawn Staley. And while IMO we could very well take a sizable step back next season due to the losses of Coates, Davis, and Gray, I have little to no doubt at all that Coach Staley and her staff will quickly rebuild the program back to contending for more titles. Her program doesn't have any major obstacles having to do with history, to prevent that from happening...

The men's team has been a wasteland for so long. Just to get back to the NCAAT was a huge success, and actually winning a game was historic.

Nevermind the team making the Sweet Sixteen (a huge benchmark for being a NCAAT-worthy team, not just one that gets in because it went on a 2-3 game hot-streak, and won its conference tournament and that made it an automatic qualifier), advancing to the Elite Eight (now in rarefied air), and even the Final Four. Typically a FF team in the NCAAT - women's or men's - warrants its own banner. It's like making a BCS bowl used to be for CFB: you didn't play for the NC, but you were only a step shy of doing it.

USC fell by 4 points of playing for the whole thing. It was the most successful season in our program's history, but it also gives us our best opportunities to really take the program to a level it hasn't been since the brief McGuire days....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:28 AM   #7
GAMEKEM
Recruit

Male

GAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spursGAMEKEM has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekkaa View Post
I mean, at the end of the day, it's still just women's basketball. The only reason any USC fans talk about it at all is because we happen to be a powerhouse in the sport.
Personally I hate when people diminish what these ladies do, no it's not as popular as the men's but it should be respected regardless. WBB like any other sport would still be discussed by its fans, but like every other sport the chatter becomes more varied with success. Which is why men are being discussed more than usual do to a sudden resurgence of success in the postseason.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #8
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11400
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

We need two different forums for the men's and the ladies.

And furthermore, on a national scale, the men's trip to the final four brings more notoriety than a women's National Title.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #9
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEKEM View Post
Personally I hate when people diminish what these ladies do, no it's not as popular as the men's but it should be respected regardless. WBB like any other sport would still be discussed by its fans, but like every other sport the chatter becomes more varied with success. Which is why men are being discussed more than usual do to a sudden resurgence of success in the postseason.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
While I agree about the resurgence of the men, even before this season as much success as the women have had in the last 4 years they were overshadowed and I for one just do not understand it all. So what they don't dunk? Is that why its a bigger deal? I don't understand.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 04-20-2017, 05:07 PM   #10
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
We need two different forums for the men's and the ladies.

And furthermore, on a national scale, the men's trip to the final four brings more notoriety than a women's National Title.
I agree its been a long time coming about needing a separate forum. And not just a sub forum either, they need their own full forum that says "Womens Basketball Forum" as the title.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 04-20-2017, 05:19 PM   #11
TaySC
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

I enjoy watching WBB more than watching MBB most of the time. It really is sort of silly that the women don't get shown more love.
TaySC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:10 PM   #12
GamecockUltimate
BIGGER. STRONGER.LONGER

Male

CockyCash: 10600
GamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot materialGamecockUltimate is USC mascot material

Quote:
While I agree about the resurgence of the men, even before this season as much success as the women have had in the last 4 years they were overshadowed and I for one just do not understand it all. So what they don't dunk? Is that why its a bigger deal? I don't understand.
It's not that they dunk, it's that the men play above the rim, but that's a whole different thread

The girls have been talked about and will be talked about, don't derail a men's thread over this junk
GamecockUltimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 06:10 PM   #13
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
I enjoy watching WBB more than watching MBB most of the time. It really is sort of silly that the women don't get shown more love.
Do you mean on this site or in general? Because, I'm just saying, we've led the nation in average home game attendance for the past 2 seasons....
Old 04-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #14
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Rooster View Post
No. NAME Pos Hgt Wgt Cl Exp Home Town/Last School
5 T Blanton G 6"5" 206 RS SO 1VL Locust Grove, Ga
13 Tommy Corchiani G 6'1" 173 FR HS Raleigh, N.C.
4 Rakym Felder G 5'10" 210 FR HS Brooklyn, N.Y.
2 Hassani Gravett 6'1" 183 RS SO TR Villa Rica, Ga.
12 Khadim Gueye F 7' 235 FR HS Senegal/Victory Rock
23 Evan Hinson G 6'4" 238 FR HS Deltona, Fla./Deltona
1 Kory Holden G 6'1" 181 JR 2VL Salisbury, Md./J.B.
31 Jarrell Holliman F 6'7" 206 RS JR 2VL Alpharetta, Ga.
24 Sedee Keita F 6'9" 240 FR HS Philadelphia, Pa.
21 Maik Kotsar F 610" 245 FR HS Est./Sunrise Christian
34 John Ragin G 6'2" 177 SO HS S.C./Cardinal Newman
25 Christian Schmitt G 6' 175 FR HS Mars, Pa./Mars Area
30 Chris Silva F 6'9" 223 SO 1VL Gabon/Roselle, NJ)
14 Ran Tut F 6'9" 210 JR TR Australia/Edison/Fla Monroe
David Beatty G 6'4" 200 FR HS Phil, PA,/Imhotep Charter
I Doumbia F 6'8" 220 FR HS Miami,Fla Country Day School Felipe Haase C 6'8" 250 FR HS La, Calif/Cathedral High

Jason Cudd C 7" 250 FR HS MB, SC/Socastee High
I'm seeing:

G: Felder, Holden, Gravett
G: Beatty, Holden, Gravett
G/F: Blanton, Beatty, Hinson
F: Silva, Keita, Doumbia, Haase
C: Kotsar, Keita, Gueye, Haase, Cudd
Old 04-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #15
lfowens
4-Star

lfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudlylfowens is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I'm seeing:

G: Felder, Holden, Gravett
G: Beatty, Holden, Gravett
G/F: Blanton, Beatty, Hinson
F: Silva, Keita, Doumbia, Haase
C: Kotsar, Keita, Gueye, Haase, Cudd
I understand that this Doumbia incoming freshman out of Florida is a very freakish athletic player that can also shoot the 3. I am hoping that his game adjusts to the college level quickly. I think that he and Beatty get immediate playing time, with Haase and Cudd helping out some in the middle (I think they are true centers - Hasse is not a tall but physically ready for college ball while I think that Cudd is tall and probably needs to fill out)..... I really like our freshmen class.
lfowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #16
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

Sorry if I derailed the thread momentarily, just feel the women get kind of sh**ted on at times. After looking at our incoming men I feel a bit more confident knowing that Doumbia can also shoot the three.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Old 04-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #17
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644373229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

The women had nearly 50,000 attendees at their national championship parade. Does anyone else want to tell me we don't care about WBB?
Old 04-20-2017, 08:46 PM   #18
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Quote:
I just don't care for women's basketball. It's fine with me if others do, but I don't. It's kind of like soccer to me. I just can't get into it.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #19
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11267
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Sorry if I derailed the thread momentarily, just feel the women get kind of sh**ted on at times. After looking at our incoming men I feel a bit more confident knowing that Doumbia can also shoot the three.
Haase can shoot the 3 also. Plus he has some post moves and strength, he will be a good player. If he was an inch or two taller he would be a huge prospect.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:19 AM   #20
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
The women had nearly 50,000 attendees at their national championship parade. Does anyone else want to tell me we don't care about WBB?
It's the second most attended sport at South Carolina, I believe.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote