CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
The Yancey
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Three and Out
usc1
JAYBEZ
Ace Dilcock
conwaycock2
Spur's Addiction
TheMule
Senior Rooster
2017 SEC Tournament: (3608)
Music Thread: Day 16 (458)
Men's team next seas (443)
Baseball:South Carol (304)
‘They deserve it’: L (294)
RIP Gregg Allman (270)
2018 - JaKorey Hawki (231)
2018 - Chandler Jone (212)
2019 - Jammie Robins (197)
1937 Bugatti pedal c (186)
Men's team next season
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
‘They deserve it’: LSU co
2018 - Jaycee Horn
Weekend cooking
Lindy's and Athlon's are
100 Days
Game time set for NC Stat
Bobby Bentley: I want us
2018 - Rosendo Louis

Old 04-26-2017, 09:36 PM   #21
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit
Default Re: Mark Alstork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur20001 View Post
Hinson is not on BB scholarship and has absolutely no bearing on bringing in another scholarship player. Apparently one of our current scholarship players won't be with the team next season.
Who is leaving? Frank said no one has told him they are leaving. If anyone wanted to leave, its likely they would have decided that by now. Frank might ask someone to leave, we'll see.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:31 PM   #22
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 650
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Who is leaving? Frank said no one has told him they are leaving. If anyone wanted to leave, its likely they would have decided that by now. Frank might ask someone to leave, we'll see.
He stated that a couple of guys were not acting like they wanted to be here, and that we could guess who they were.

Tut would be my first guess, then maybe Blanton for health reasons. Keita, Gueye and Gravatt were a little underwhelming this year, but you can make a case for each of them sticking around - Keita is a talent with height and was hurt, Gueye is 7' and was always going to need a couple of years, Gravatt is potentially a good scorer at a position of need.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:05 AM   #23
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
He stated that a couple of guys were not acting like they wanted to be here, and that we could guess who they were.

Tut would be my first guess, then maybe Blanton for health reasons. Keita, Gueye and Gravatt were a little underwhelming this year, but you can make a case for each of them sticking around - Keita is a talent with height and was hurt, Gueye is 7' and was always going to need a couple of years, Gravatt is potentially a good scorer at a position of need.
That's not exactly what Frank said. He said he has a problem with a couple of guys. He did not say what that problem is. From his comments, it did not seem to me to be a situation where someone wanted to leave. It could be that Frank wants them to leave, and he might ask them to do that, but we don't know. We don't know what kind of problem he has with them. He did say it did not involve talent and playing ball on the court. Probably means they aren't doing things off the court the way Frank wants, or maybe an attitude problem. I wish we knew what it is.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:44 AM   #24
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
That's not exactly what Frank said. He said he has a problem with a couple of guys. He did not say what that problem is. From his comments, it did not seem to me to be a situation where someone wanted to leave. It could be that Frank wants them to leave, and he might ask them to do that, but we don't know. We don't know what kind of problem he has with them. He did say it did not involve talent and playing ball on the court. Probably means they aren't doing things off the court the way Frank wants, or maybe an attitude problem. I wish we knew what it is.
Frank keeps things under wraps, like with Sin's suspension. But a player can look talented on the court to the average fan but not be working hard in practice and focusing on Defense, so that is how I took it. He also intimated that the fans could figure it out, which would not be the case if it was off-court issues.

I would be very surprised if Tut came back, whatever the problem is. And if we are still recruiting hard, someone else may be on thin ice.
Old 04-27-2017, 09:16 AM   #25
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Well, he would be Plan C as far as graduate transfers is concerned. Wouldn't consider him a critical get.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:49 AM   #26
scfastpitch
Bowl MVP

Male

scfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot materialscfastpitch is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
Well, he would be Plan C as far as graduate transfers is concerned. Wouldn't consider him a critical get.
I think he would be plan A as far as grad transfers we actually have a chance to get . And vbcock's stats are correct - he was .387 on 3-pointers and .846 from the free-throw line last season . Seems like a pretty good shooter to me .
scfastpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #27
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastCocky View Post
You do realize how many quality grad transfers there are every year now don't you? He is most definitely a critical get.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:28 PM   #28
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
You do realize how many quality grad transfers there are every year now don't you? He is most definitely a critical get.
X2. Not as much a critical get as he is the critical get. Add him in with Holden and Beatty, and we are not rebuilding, we have already been rebuilt. NCAA, here we come.

Our need is for a big guard with experience because we just lost 3. This guy is about as close as you can get to Sin - he rebounds, hands out assists, scores, and shoots from outside.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:30 PM   #29
Spur20001
Blue Chip

Male

Spur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
I don't know that anyone is leaving but the way Frank is recruiting it appears someone on scholarship won't be back. The point I made about Hinson not being a factor on bringing in another player is the fact he is a BB walk-on. He is on a football scholarship and does not count toward our BB scholarship limit.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:03 AM   #30
xXSirSpurXx
Two Deep

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

OV set for the 13th of May
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:05 AM   #31
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
OV set for the 13th of May
Sounds good!
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:59 AM   #32
CoastCocky
Banned

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Well, I guess you are right, since we missed on the first 2 that we really wanted.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:39 AM   #33
Wisercock
Game MVP

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

I looked at the roster not long ago, and while I am not 100% certain who is on scholarship it looked to me like we were at 13 not including PJ. So someone else has to go off scholarship. Also, if I remember correctly, you can put a player on some sort of medical status with a scholarship which allows him to finish school but does not count against the scholarship limit. If that is right then my guess is Blanton won't play basketball next year.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:50 PM   #34
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
I looked at the roster not long ago, and while I am not 100% certain who is on scholarship it looked to me like we were at 13 not including PJ. So someone else has to go off scholarship. Also, if I remember correctly, you can put a player on some sort of medical status with a scholarship which allows him to finish school but does not count against the scholarship limit. If that is right then my guess is Blanton won't play basketball next year.
Returning:
1. Felder
2. Silva
3. Gravett
4. Gueye
5. Tut
6. Kotstar
7. Blanton
8. Holden (Transfer)
9. Keita

Commits:
10. Beatty
11. Doumbia
12. Haase
13. Cudd

So, someone should be transferring as you said. Frank hinted at that in his presser a few weeks ago.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #35
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoNotch Dreams View Post
Returning:
1. Felder
2. Silva
3. Gravett
4. Gueye
5. Tut
6. Kotstar
7. Blanton
8. Holden (Transfer)
9. Keita

Commits:
10. Beatty
11. Doumbia
12. Haase
13. Cudd

So, someone should be transferring as you said. Frank hinted at that in his presser a few weeks ago.

Frank was asked this week by a reporter if anyone was leaving the program. He said he didn't know of anyone. If one or two more join the team for next year, that is going to create a problem about who is on scholarship. I'm sure Frank has something in mind about how to handle that, but I don't know what that would be.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #36
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

It's obvious people are leaving which is why Frank is about to sign Minaya and possibly get Alstork. I feel like Alstork is going to Louisville now though. I think in the end two current players will leave, we will add Minaya, and save scholarship for 2018

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #37
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
It's obvious people are leaving which is why Frank is about to sign Minaya and possibly get Alstork. I feel like Alstork is going to Louisville now though. I think in the end two current players will leave, we will add Minaya, and save scholarship for 2018
Then why did Frank deny anyone is leaving? He knows what the scholarship numbers are. And he knows if nobody comes off scholarship, there are none to give right now. Yet, he is recruiting two guys. I find it hard to believe he is not aware that current players will leave, if someone is leaving. And if he knows some will, why did he deny it to reporters just this week?
Old 05-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #38
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Then why did Frank deny anyone is leaving? He knows what the scholarship numbers are. And he knows if nobody comes off scholarship, there are none to give right now. Yet, he is recruiting two guys. I find it hard to believe he is not aware that current players will leave, if someone is leaving. And if he knows some will, why did he deny it to reporters just this week?
He's probably trying to get the commitment from someone before he boots a player from the team.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #39
Rooster'srule
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
Rooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot materialRooster'srule is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
He's probably trying to get the commitment from someone before he boots a player from the team.
SMDH Ig...nant *ss
Rooster'srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:03 PM   #40
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
If that is the case, then why not tell reporters that he isn't sure right now whether someone is leaving? Frank is usually very honest about things.

Assuming Frank was being honest with the reporter, the only thing I can deduce is that, if he signs someone, either Blanton will come off a basketball scholarship and go on a medical one, or someone will not be on scholarship next year. They will be on the team, but not on a scholarship. If there is another possibility, I'd like to hear about it.