CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
CoastCocky
Take-a-Knee
SwampFox
GuyInTheGreenHouse
SanAntonioCock
GoldenSpur7
Gamecocks1137
MountainCock
2017 SEC Tournament: (6382)
Alan Knott (1055)
Why the NCAA isn't g (387)
Music Thead: Day 12 (342)
Tampa murders, possi (307)
Baseball: Vanderbilt (191)
Sir Roger Moore, Jam (180)
At last the Demon is (164)
calling all lawn exp (95)
Massive Pacific Coas (67)
WBB Non-Conference Schedu
VB class ranked #26 by Pr
WBB Asst. Coach Rumors
2017 Roster
Alan Knott
2018 - Lavonte Valentine
Lindy's and Athlon's are
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
Lavar Ball calls out Kyri
2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat

Old 05-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #41
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: Mark Alstork

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
If that is the case, then why not tell reporters that he isn't sure right now whether someone is leaving? Frank is usually very honest about things.

Assuming Frank was being honest with the reporter, the only thing I can deduce is that, if he signs someone, either Blanton will come off a basketball scholarship and go on a medical one, or someone will not be on scholarship next year. They will be on the team, but not on a scholarship. If there is another possibility, I'd like to hear about it.
The way I interpret that is Frank and the players in question waiting for the semester to end before deciding.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #42
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
The way I interpret that is Frank and the players in question waiting for the semester to end before deciding.
Did you see the interview? I saw it on YouTube. Search "Frank Martin Rock Hill". That is how I found it. My interpretation was that Frank said no one is leaving. But I might have misunderstood.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 04:05 PM   #43
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Did you see the interview? I saw it on YouTube. Search "Frank Martin Rock Hill". That is how I found it. My interpretation was that Frank said no one is leaving. But I might have misunderstood.
I saw the end of the year wrap up interview he gave after being out of the country for a bit and during that he said he had some guys that he wasn't sure would be back. I haven't seen interviews since that point. I've also heard 1-2 players aren't likely to be back but I don't have any names.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 08:59 PM   #44
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Frank was asked this week by a reporter if anyone was leaving the program. He said he didn't know of anyone.
Quote:
If that is the case, then why not tell reporters that he isn't sure right now whether someone is leaving? Frank is usually very honest about things.

Sounds like just from your posts, that that is exactly what he told the reporters. Or did you type your paraphrase in error? I guess you're telling us that CFM told the reporters specifically that he knows for a fact that NO ONE is leaving the program???
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 12:26 AM   #45
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPitthumpin big rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Sounds like just from your posts, that that is exactly what he told the reporters. Or did you type your paraphrase in error? I guess you're telling us that CFM told the reporters specifically that he knows for a fact that NO ONE is leaving the program???
Watch the tape on YouTube and see what you think. Frank Martin Rock Hill.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 01:19 AM   #46
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
My interpretation was that Frank had not decided yet if someone else was leaving.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:41 AM   #47
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
My interpretation was that Frank had not decided yet if someone else was leaving.
What I saw was that he would make room if we got a couple more guys. So the speculation began who would lose their scholly. One would surprise some folks, the other would not. I don't know who they are. Some thought it might be Keita.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:58 PM   #48
Dpcocks
Walk On

Male

Dpcocks has hatched from the shell

Donovan Mitchell hired an agent so I assume Louisville is gonna come after him hard. Hopefully frank can bring him here to be a veteran presence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dpcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #49
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Then why did Frank deny anyone is leaving? He knows what the scholarship numbers are. And he knows if nobody comes off scholarship, there are none to give right now. Yet, he is recruiting two guys. I find it hard to believe he is not aware that current players will leave, if someone is leaving. And if he knows some will, why did he deny it to reporters just this week?
He didn't deny it. He said he didn't know of anyone that was leaving as of this moment, but he was unhappy with a couple of guys.

--at least that is what he said in the presser. didn't realize you were talking about Rock Hill. I don't think anything has changed though. They are going full steam on these two guys and they obviously know what the rules are so there will be players leaving.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #50
Spur20001
Blue Chip

Male

Spur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudlySpur20001 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Agree. I see it the same way.
Spur20001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:15 AM   #51
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
OV set for the 13th of May
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpcocks View Post
Donovan Mitchell hired an agent so I assume Louisville is gonna come after him hard. Hopefully frank can bring him here to be a veteran presence

Hopefully we put on the full court press and convince Alstork this is the place for him. This could potentially be a big time addition to next years roster.
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:14 PM   #52
Dpcocks
Walk On

Male

Visiting this weekend hopefully we can get him cause he could be a day 1 starter

Old 05-13-2017, 05:02 PM   #53
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpcocks View Post
Visiting this weekend hopefully we can get him cause he could be a day 1 starter

Yep, he'd be a huge addition to the roster.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:50 PM   #54
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 100200
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Any idea how the visit went ? I haven't seen anything about it yet.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:07 PM   #55
DJCatfish
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 4400
DJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPitDJCatfish rules the CockPit

ESPN has an article up on the biggest guys considering whether to jump to NBA or return to school, and also includes discussion of guys who are eligible for a graduate transfer. Thought this was interesting:

16. Mark Alstork, Wright State Raiders (graduate): Alstork is in the midst of a visit binge, checking out Pittsburgh, Georgetown, Illinois, South Carolina, LSU and Louisville in a two-week span. Each school needs him badly, with South Carolina and Louisville the most noteworthy destinations in terms of the national picture.

Thought that last sentence was pretty cool, and man, I hope we can pull this guy in. Shows you have fast perception can change with a good March -- considered a more "noteworthy" destination than Gtown, Pitt, Illinois, and LSU, at least for the next year.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...isions-players
DJCatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #56
12+4=6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 124611065020
12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

On his unofficial at Louisville today. Sucks they're getting the last crack at him. Hopefully Frank made a lasting impression.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #57
Feathers
Recruit

Male

Feathers has feathers coming inFeathers has feathers coming inFeathers has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12+4=6 View Post
On his unofficial at Louisville today. Sucks they're getting the last crack at him. Hopefully Frank made a lasting impression.
I'm not sure if distance is a factor in his decision if it does Louisville may have the edge over us.
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:08 AM   #58
Three and Out
Blue Chip

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Latest intel from TBS says it's us or Louisville. Don't know for sure. He's a senior and wants all the minutes he can get hoping to play in the NBA. Louisville has a couple of guys coming back that may reduce his minutes. That is in our favor. Too close to call.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:44 AM   #59
Ace Dilcock
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 550
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Latest intel from TBS says it's us or Louisville. Don't know for sure. He's a senior and wants all the minutes he can get hoping to play in the NBA. Louisville has a couple of guys coming back that may reduce his minutes. That is in our favor. Too close to call.
According to the article above, L-ville has a player with a similar skill set that is straddling the NBA fence. Might be tough to get Alstork if he falls on the NBA side - if he comes back, we should get Alstork. Immediate PT at a position of need.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #60
Dpcocks
Walk On

Male

He seems to really like frank so hopefully we get him. The next question is who is going to be leaving to make room for him and minaya?