CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
gotrice?
CockNJersey
gsgp
Captain9Dragons
Order 66
Blitzkrieg
Ahmad
gamecockclint
catdaddy66
Spurz
What do you need to (1101)
Qb's under pressure (681)
Garnet helmets and j (632)
Nebraska Fired Shawn (329)
Arkansas Kick Time (296)
Jake Bentley analysi (204)
Week 4 College Footb (147)
***Ace Of Spades - M (126)
***Wildfire - Equest (108)
PODCAST: Game Previe (89)
2018 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2017 High School Football
Jake Bentley analysis
Coach Staley's big weeken
Remembering Kenny
2018 Commitment - RJ Rode
Running game analysis thr
Crowd Against La Tech
Garnet helmets and jersey
Qb's under pressure SEC


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC
 
kingofnerf's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Straight Outta CLA
Posts: 4,876
CockyCash: 500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material
Default Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

BOTH of them.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...050117aaa.html

PJ gets all the press, but Sin is the only NBA-ready player of the two in my book because he chose to remain committed to the school and become a better player.
__________________
kingofnerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 12:46 AM   #2
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 12,539
CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
BOTH of them.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...050117aaa.html

PJ gets all the press, but Sin is the only NBA-ready player of the two in my book because he chose to remain committed to the school and become a better player.
Why take a shot at PJ? The kid helped take our basketball team to unprecedented heights. I wish he had come back too but when you have a 1st round grade it is irresponsible to come back and risk injury.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:49 AM   #3
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC
 
EAtMoRTaYtErz's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Surfside Beach, SC
Posts: 4,234
CockyCash: 57500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
BOTH of them.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...050117aaa.html

PJ gets all the press, but Sin is the only NBA-ready player of the two in my book because he chose to remain committed to the school and become a better player.
PJ was here for 2 years and got better. He can get better in the NBA while he is actually getting paid if someone wants to give him that chance. Sin didn't have that choice but would have taken it if he did. What is it about our fans that make them so arrogant to think that players should put loyalty to fans, and the fan's happiness before their own? No player in any sport ever is going to make a decision to go pro or not wondering how kingofnerf is personally going to take it.

These former players will be showing their loyalty to Gamecock Nation by supporting our univerisity financially and using their names and fame and hopefully saying good things about us because we gave them a platform and help them improve and showcase their skills and they got paid by an NBA team eventually. Not because we were angry they left us and wanted to guilt trip the guy into making him want to stay and play for free risking draft stock dropage, while the university continues to make money off him.

Last edited by EAtMoRTaYtErz; 05-02-2017 at 04:02 AM..
EAtMoRTaYtErz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American
 
Ace Dilcock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mt. Pleasant
Posts: 8,534
CockyCash: 840
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
PJ was here for 2 years and got better. He can get better in the NBA while he is actually getting paid if someone wants to give him that chance. Sin didn't have that choice but would have taken it if he did. What is it about our fans that make them so arrogant to think that players should put loyalty to fans, and the fan's happiness before their own? No player in any sport ever is going to make a decision to go pro or not wondering how kingofnerf is personally going to take it.

These former players will be showing their loyalty to Gamecock Nation by supporting our univerisity financially and using their names and fame and hopefully saying good things about us because we gave them a platform and help them improve and showcase their skills and they got paid by an NBA team eventually. Not because we were angry they left us and wanted to guilt trip the guy into making him want to stay and play for free risking draft stock dropage, while the university continues to make money off him.
X2. The two negatives about us were that you could not win here (Hello Final Four) and that the road to the NBA did not run through Columbia (see two likely first round picks).

PJ and since are responsible for destroying both of those negatives. Give em both props.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
hank scorpio
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker
 
hank scorpio's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: I Never had Relations with that Russian
Posts: 924
CockyCash: 2400200
hank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
BOTH of them.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...050117aaa.html

PJ gets all the press, but Sin is the only NBA-ready player of the two in my book because he chose to remain committed to the school and become a better player.
I get it, man. It would have been nice if PJ had stayed another year or two, but he very likely will get drafted higher than Sin based on his high ceiling. Which means he's probably making the best decision for himself and his family to get paid while he continues to develop. Sin didn't have that opportunity due to nagging injuries, lack of exposure, etc. Good luck to both of them.
hank scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
Emery
1st Team All-SEC
 
Emery's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lexington SC
Posts: 3,735
CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

[quote=kingofnerf;4981114]BOTH of them.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...050117aaa.html

PJ gets all the press, but Sin is the only NBA-ready player of the two in my book because he chose to remain committed to the school and become a better player.[/quote]

I guess PJ's fooled every single NBA team and scout.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 11:51 AM   #7
gameCOCKadoodle
Blue Chip
 
gameCOCKadoodle's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbia
Posts: 602
CockyCash: 200
gameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudlygameCOCKadoodle is crowing loudly
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
BOTH of them.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...050117aaa.html

PJ gets all the press, but Sin is the only NBA-ready player of the two in my book because he chose to remain committed to the school and become a better player.
Wrong
gameCOCKadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:31 PM   #8
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper
 
Gamecocks1137's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On $100 mill of cash
Posts: 13,415
CockyCash: 1000062293326235
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Every legit mock draft I have seen shows Thornwell going in the first round. Now sure where you guys keep seeing PJ in the first round. Don't get me wrong, he will be drafted, but not in the first round.


Then again this could go like the NFL draft and every mock draft is just wrong, but I doubt it.
__________________
"I'd rather be anywhere other than Clemson."


Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:35 PM   #9
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 12,539
CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 View Post
Every legit mock draft I have seen shows Thornwell going in the first round. Now sure where you guys keep seeing PJ in the first round. Don't get me wrong, he will be drafted, but not in the first round.


Then again this could go like the NFL draft and every mock draft is just wrong, but I doubt it.
http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:04 PM   #10
Jleo
Two Deep
 
Jleo's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,088
CockyCash: 200
Jleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPit
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Why take a shot at PJ? The kid helped take our basketball team to unprecedented heights. I wish he had come back too but when you have a 1st round grade it is irresponsible to come back and risk injury.
I'd hardly say it is irresponsible to stay in school and get a 4 year degree.

What are the odds you get a career ending injury in college vs the odds of having a 5 year NBA "career" and ending up bankrupt after?

http://www.munknee.com/78-of-nfl-pla...ithin-5-years/
Jleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:24 PM   #11
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American
 
Cockhornleghorn's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbia
Posts: 8,946
CockyCash: 1234645173229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

I think they will both go in the first round, but both will certainly be drafted. Let's face it, people, ANY of us would have left school early to get a 7 figure paycheck, even if it's only for a few years.
__________________
Cockhornleghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:33 PM   #12
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 12,539
CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleo View Post
I'd hardly say it is irresponsible to stay in school and get a 4 year degree.

What are the odds you get a career ending injury in college vs the odds of having a 5 year NBA "career" and ending up bankrupt after?

http://www.munknee.com/78-of-nfl-pla...ithin-5-years/
You do realize that USC has a program for athletes who leave early to come back and get their degree don't you? Ko Simpson just graduated with his. So PJ still can end up with a 4 year degree paid for by the university, he just gets his chance to sign a 7 figure contract and make money in the mean time. So what's your next argument? The one you used holds no water.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 05:39 AM   #13
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper
 
Gamecocks1137's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: On $100 mill of cash
Posts: 13,415
CockyCash: 1000062293326235
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
I think they will both go in the first round, but both will certainly be drafted. Let's face it, people, ANY of us would have left school early to get a 7 figure paycheck, even if it's only for a few years.
ITS AMAZING isnt it.
__________________
"I'd rather be anywhere other than Clemson."


Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #14
Jleo
Two Deep
 
Jleo's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,088
CockyCash: 200
Jleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPit
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
You do realize that USC has a program for athletes who leave early to come back and get their degree don't you? Ko Simpson just graduated with his. So PJ still can end up with a 4 year degree paid for by the university, he just gets his chance to sign a 7 figure contract and make money in the mean time. So what's your next argument? The one you used holds no water.
I understand it's about taking the most surefire route to getting rich quick, having sweet cars, a giant house, and all the gold diggers you could ever dream of.

I'm saying that isn't necessarily what life is all about. I'm saying getting your degree and, "risking" not being filthy rich, is not "irresponsible."

If he were my son, I would tell him to stay in school.
Jleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 08:50 PM   #15
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 12,539
CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleo View Post
I understand it's about taking the most surefire route to getting rich quick, having sweet cars, a giant house, and all the gold diggers you could ever dream of.

I'm saying that isn't necessarily what life is all about. I'm saying getting your degree and, "risking" not being filthy rich, is not "irresponsible."

If he were my son, I would tell him to stay in school.
And if your son blew out his knee and your advice cost him millions of dollars would you feel good about what you told him? I completely agree with the Calipari philosophy of if you're good enough to go in the 1st round you go to the NBA no questions asked because you have a responsibility to provide for your family and you can use the money or a program the university offers to come back later and get a degree.

The problem with your argument is that PJ isn't forgoing the benefit of getting school paid for, he is just putting it off until later. USC will pay for the rest of his schooling if he decides to come back for a degree later on. It's not one or the other, it's don't risk financial security for something that will still be an option later.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:33 PM   #16
Jleo
Two Deep
 
Jleo's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,088
CockyCash: 200
Jleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPitJleo rules the CockPit
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
And if your son blew out his knee and your advice cost him millions of dollars would you feel good about what you told him? I completely agree with the Calipari philosophy of if you're good enough to go in the 1st round you go to the NBA no questions asked because you have a responsibility to provide for your family and you can use the money or a program the university offers to come back later and get a degree.

The problem with your argument is that PJ isn't forgoing the benefit of getting school paid for, he is just putting it off until later. USC will pay for the rest of his schooling if he decides to come back for a degree later on. It's not one or the other, it's don't risk financial security for something that will still be an option later.

I understand what you are saying, and I'm not saying the choice doesn't have many merits. What I am saying is that staying in school is far from being "irresponsible."

Staying in school allows a young man to finish maturing, and most importantly to secure a means of getting paid. One big pay day is nice, but sustained financial security is much more valuable.

Sure, they can come back to school, but more often than not, they don't come back. There are far more "snakes" in the ears of these young men than those who would see them do well for themselves. So, they end up broke, and fade into obscurity.

I'd be careful following any of Calipari's "philosophy's." Calipari is a used car salesman. He'd sell his own mother a lemon.
Jleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #17
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 12,539
CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jleo View Post
I understand what you are saying, and I'm not saying the choice doesn't have many merits. What I am saying is that staying in school is far from being "irresponsible."

Staying in school allows a young man to finish maturing, and most importantly to secure a means of getting paid. One big pay day is nice, but sustained financial security is much more valuable.

Sure, they can come back to school, but more often than not, they don't come back. There are far more "snakes" in the ears of these young men than those who would see them do well for themselves. So, they end up broke, and fade into obscurity.

I'd be careful following any of Calipari's "philosophy's." Calipari is a used car salesman. He'd sell his own mother a lemon.
He's also told 1st round projected players to go to the NBA when it actually hurts him the next season. If PJ were to blow out a knee or have some medical issue pop up that wrecked his draft stock he would be looking at millions of dollars less in his bank account. Correct me if I'm wrong, you go to college with the intention of getting prepared for a high paying job right? He is currently ready to get a high paying job that doesn't have a long shelf life so he shouldn't come back.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:34 PM   #18
kingofnerf
1st Team All-SEC
 
kingofnerf's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Straight Outta CLA
Posts: 4,876
CockyCash: 500
kingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot materialkingofnerf is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

My point is that PJ has just scratched the surface of what his next-level basketball identity is (meaning he is mostly about potential right now), while Sin was lights out from the gitgo this season because he had enough time to develop his own style.

PJ just never really found his groove here until the NCAAT. He was always in foul trouble or making bad decisions and committing TOs up to then.

PJ is two years behind Sin in terms of player development whereas Sin already has everything in one sock.

Whether PJ gets that here or in the NBA, it doesn't change that fact. You could tell by Frank's tone when he spoke about it that he thought PJ should have waited until later to get an agent because you can't go back once that happens.

I hope PJ does well, but I believe Sin is the better player of the two right now. I also believe that PJ will need to his develop his own unique style to make it in the NBA.
__________________
kingofnerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:14 PM   #19
VBCock
4-Star
 
VBCock's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Charleston
Posts: 289
CockyCash: 500
VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
He's also told 1st round projected players to go to the NBA when it actually hurts him the next season. If PJ were to blow out a knee or have some medical issue pop up that wrecked his draft stock he would be looking at millions of dollars less in his bank account. Correct me if I'm wrong, you go to college with the intention of getting prepared for a high paying job right? He is currently ready to get a high paying job that doesn't have a long shelf life so he shouldn't come back.
Not everyone goes to college to get a high paying job. Money is good, but it is not all there is to life.

If you are analyzing the decision from a purely business sense there is a strong argument to come out whenever an NBA team will draft you regardless of where.

But I don't think it has to be a purely business decision.

As a parent, if my kid had other considerations the last thing I would ever do would be to tell him he had a responsibility to his family to change its financial situation.

He can make his own decision and it can be supported. And if it costs him the NBA(unlikely) then it can be lived with.

Looks like Dozier wanted to go and I can respect that. There are plenty of arguments for it regardless of how it turns out.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:26 PM   #20
hank scorpio
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker
 
hank scorpio's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: I Never had Relations with that Russian
Posts: 924
CockyCash: 2400200
hank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot materialhank scorpio is USC mascot material
Default Re: Dozier, Thornwell Selected For NBA Draft Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
My point is that PJ has just scratched the surface of what his next-level basketball identity is (meaning he is mostly about potential right now), while Sin was lights out from the gitgo this season because he had enough time to develop his own style.

PJ just never really found his groove here until the NCAAT. He was always in foul trouble or making bad decisions and committing TOs up to then.

PJ is two years behind Sin in terms of player development whereas Sin already has everything in one sock.

Whether PJ gets that here or in the NBA, it doesn't change that fact. You could tell by Frank's tone when he spoke about it that he thought PJ should have waited until later to get an agent because you can't go back once that happens.

I hope PJ does well, but I believe Sin is the better player of the two right now. I also believe that PJ will need to his develop his own unique style to make it in the NBA.
I think most people agree Sin is a better player right now, and the stats back it up.

However, I think there are a lot of basketball people who feel PJ is the better prospect.

I hope they both succeed in the association for many years.
__________________
#Fake Smart

Last edited by hank scorpio; 05-04-2017 at 02:09 PM..
hank scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development