CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Support > Hall of Fame

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GuyInTheGreenHouse
carolina_corpsman
Spur's Addiction
Captain9Dragons
thekob
Ace Dilcock
Spurticus
TastyLicks
JerseyBird
Master Bedroom
2017 SEC Tournament: (1783)
What jumps out at yo (728)
Music Thread: Day 15 (441)
Sedee Keita to trans (434)
Baseball: South Caro (139)
2 Football Tickets f (13)
Game time set for NC Stat
2017 SEC Tournament:**USC
2018 Commitment - Maxwell
2018 - Josh Vann
2018 - Matthew Hill
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Lindy's and Athlon's are
Sedee Keita to transfer
2 Football Tickets for Ev
Anyone know where I can b

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 01:30 PM   #21
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 10026000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins
Default Re: USC catacombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSpurrier82
Let's do it! I haven't done that since I was 19. Good times.
I'll do some research and we'll set something up. In the meantime, I'm off to work.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:31 PM   #22
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

CockyCash: 10000322
GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GotSpurrier82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGHoskins
teehee...joking. Seriously, there are supposed to be a bunch of ghosts around here; Willie Earl, the pilot on 101 (?), Pickens County city hall, just off the top of my head.
That's near Walhalla, and you can only pick him when it's raining...according to my South Carolina Ghosts book.

I'll look in my book for other places near here. We can go all over SC if you want. I tried to find Alice's grave (anybody familiar with her down in Pawley's?) and I found the cemetary but not the grave.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #23
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Shoot, if you guys are down, I'll definately go. Me and my friend Zac got big into that last summer. We went to Hell's Gates (Oakwood Cemetery) in Spartanburg a few times. Never saw much. Some strange fog is in the back every night. We tried out best to find the Seven Devil's bridge in Woodruff but we never did. We want to go to Crybaby Bridge in Gaffney.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:53 PM   #24
USCMM
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100200
USCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot materialUSCMM is USC mascot material

http://www.datelinecarolina.org/glob....asp?s=4789588

another article

Ooh, I love stuff like this, but all of my friends are too scared to do stuff like this. Has anyone ever been in the handicap entrance to through the basement of the Russell house? Supposedly, this used to be part of the original tunnels, but when they added the Alcohol counciling and student groups area, it cut the tunnel off. Supposedly--I was told by someone who used to walk them in the early 80s--that there was a tunnel that started at the russell house and ended at the Colisuem. The only remaining parts of it are the bridge underneath Assembly St. and this handicapped enterance I talked about. They blocked off the other side with the stairs that lead down to the fountain, but its supposedly still there.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #25
CoverTwo
If C2 doesn't trust you..

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Ahhh Cry Baby Bridge..good times.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
Old 04-06-2008, 01:57 PM   #26
CockRoche
ADIDAS

Male

CockyCash: 50600
CockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot materialCockRoche is USC mascot material

Cry Baby bridge....Everytown USA
Old 04-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #27
palmettogirlusc
Resident Fashion Expert

Female

Avatar: Award given for the best avatar - Given for: having the best avatar of 2005 
CockyCash: 99987
palmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot materialpalmettogirlusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Cock
Never been down there, but I'd totally be up for it. It would be a lot of fun. I will say I went to the old "Columbia Down Under" area (Some of you older posters may be able to shed some more light about it) beneath the Arcade Building about 2 years ago. Back in the 1970's, it use to house a bunch of bars and restraunts, but now it's abandoned and the only people that are rumored to be there are herion addicts. I didn't see anyone, but the place was really cool. There was a eerie aura being down there, however. Here are some pics I dug up:

i went exploring one day in the arcade mall above that, and read about it and came back and found those pictures. apparently, that area used to be a stable...i think something like that would really thrive if they were to open that back up.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:04 PM   #28
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

GotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot materialGotSpurrier82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockRoche
Cry Baby bridge....Everytown USA
Yep. There's one in Versailles, Kentucky.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:21 PM   #29
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material

There's a Crybaby Bridge everywhere. lmao.
Old 04-06-2008, 02:27 PM   #30
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCMusicMan
http://www.datelinecarolina.org/glob....asp?s=4789588

another article

Ooh, I love stuff like this, but all of my friends are too scared to do stuff like this. Has anyone ever been in the handicap entrance to through the basement of the Russell house? Supposedly, this used to be part of the original tunnels, but when they added the Alcohol counciling and student groups area, it cut the tunnel off. Supposedly--I was told by someone who used to walk them in the early 80s--that there was a tunnel that started at the russell house and ended at the Colisuem. The only remaining parts of it are the bridge underneath Assembly St. and this handicapped enterance I talked about. They blocked off the other side with the stairs that lead down to the fountain, but its supposedly still there.
Ahhh. I want to go down in there so bad.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #31
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

I'll go.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #32
Mecklenburg Cock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 400
Mecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot materialMecklenburg Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotSpurrier82
Hee hee. I sent them a comment about it. E-mail address if you want to tell them about it also: thc.viewerrelations@aetv.com
I'll have to send them a note. I love that show. They had a little mini marathon on this morning. One of the episodes was the underground rooms and tunnels under Chicago that Al Capone and other prohibition era mobsters used to transport liquor, and hold private parties safe and locked away from the police. There are exits all around that area of Chicago that the patrons would use to escape up onto the street if the police raided the bars.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #33
GotSpurrier82
Keeper of the Booze

Female

Maybe if we generate enough interest, they'll do a show on it.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #34
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

CockyCash: 200
IHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to IHateOrange

can someone give me specific entrance points... I want to do this ASAP! pts will be given.

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #35
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

All of the vents and manholes lead to the tunnels. There's an entrance in the basement of Gambrell also. If you decide to go, give me a call. haha.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #36
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

IHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot materialIHateOrange is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHater1984
All of the vents and manholes lead to the tunnels. There's an entrance in the basement of Gambrell also. If you decide to go, give me a call. haha.
Hell I am thinking about going right now. haha

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Memo to Lane Kiffin: Seven Gamecocks were selected in the 2009 NFL Draft, delaying any possible careers at the gas station.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #37
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

found some more info......

I understand there is over 10 miles of catacombs beneath USC and the City of Columbia. I have only been inside one small portion. It begins under Capstone, runs north to Columbia, and west to Gambrell and the nearby steam (?) building on Greene Street. There are entrances: in the basement of Columbia (usually locked), an opening behind Capstone (heavy to lift with only one person), a man hole type cover in the middle of the walkway between the NAC and the Welsch Hummanity Classroom building, and through the basement of the Welsch Hummanity Classroom building (usually locked).

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Old 04-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #38
usc90grad
Jersey Retired

Male

usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

If you guys go explore the Catacombs, be sure to take some pics and post them.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #39
IHateOrange
I really hate clemson

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad
If you guys go explore the Catacombs, be sure to take some pics and post them.
will do!

TATER HATER 4 LIFE!

Old 04-06-2008, 04:51 PM   #40
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateOrange
found some more info......

I understand there is over 10 miles of catacombs beneath USC and the City of Columbia. I have only been inside one small portion. It begins under Capstone, runs north to Columbia, and west to Gambrell and the nearby steam (?) building on Greene Street. There are entrances: in the basement of Columbia (usually locked), an opening behind Capstone (heavy to lift with only one person), a man hole type cover in the middle of the walkway between the NAC and the Welsch Hummanity Classroom building, and through the basement of the Welsch Hummanity Classroom building (usually locked).
Well, I live in Capstone. And the buddy of mine I told you about in the PM lives in Columbia. We'll have to check these out.