CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
SanAntonioCock
thumpin big
Luke Skycocker
rabid cock
taylorssc
smoovecock
ChunkSnackwell
The Yancey
Cockygaming
Pty23
**USC (14-3) vs. Flo (6917)
New football Coach i (1810)
Running back 2018 (1043)
Darian Stewart (564)
2018 - Jonathan Gips (471)
2019 - Christopher H (396)
India's new warfare (359)
CBB: FLORIDA @ SOUTH (357)
Darius English highl (265)
Changes to the Footb (231)
**USC (14-3) vs. Florida
New football Coach in Apr
Nintendo Switch
2017 - Javon Kinlaw
2017 Commitment - Jamyest
2018 - Xavier Thomas
2018 - Trey Dean
2017 - Zach Brown - C
2017 - Aaron Sterling
2017 - Jaylen Twyman

Old 01-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #181
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3050831140
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Branding

Haha "#no"

I liked them though.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #182
BiscoCocky
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
BiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPit

I live in Colorado, and Travel for work to San Francisco and NYC, no one knows or cares about Clemson Football nationally except for Clemson alumni and rednecks that failed out of Anderson tech. They don't have a national brand, but like us UGA/UNC/LSU/Bama and other schools they do have a big following the se. The thing is not many blue bloods outside of Notre Dame and Maybe Texas or Michigan have big national followings, sure they may pick up some badwagon fans here and there and young kids (9-13) might buy some swag bc thier champs now, but it doesn't last. when i was kid in charleston sc people would wear Nebraska or Miami starter jackets, pretty sure you would need a safe space if u wore one to school today etc.

Last edited by BiscoCocky; Yesterday at 01:34 AM..
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:18 AM   #183
abcamp
Walk On

Male

abcamp has feathers coming inabcamp has feathers coming inabcamp has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
I live in Colorado, and Travel for work to San Francisco and NYC, no one knows or cares about Clemson Football nationally except for Clemson alumni and rednecks that failed out of Anderson tech. They don't have a national brand, but like us UGA/UNC/LSU/Bama and other schools they do have a big following the se. The thing is not many blue bloods outside of Notre Dame and Maybe Texas or Michigan have big national followings, sure they may pick up some badwagon fans here and there and young kids (9-13) might buy some swag bc thier champs now, but it doesn't last. when i was kid in charleston sc people would wear Nebraska or Miami starter jackets, pretty sure you would need a safe space if u wore one to school today etc.
You honestly think S.Car is a national brand? What makes you believe this? How can the same not be true for the cocks as it is for the tigers, if only alumni care about Clemson then i find it extremely hard to believe South Carolina is cared about my more than their alumni with the current state of things.
abcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:32 AM   #184
BiscoCocky
4-Star

Male

BiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPitBiscoCocky rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcamp View Post
You honestly think S.Car is a national brand? What makes you believe this? How can the same not be true for the cocks as it is for the tigers, if only alumni care about Clemson then i find it extremely hard to believe South Carolina is cared about my more than their alumni with the current state of things.

I don't want to be mean but........ DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ??? you quoted me and highlighted my response and still misread and quoted me. I shouldn't have to write this, because again you quoted (again you should learn to read before using quotes)me but I said "They don't have a National Brand but like us and (various schools in the South east or SE for short) do have a brand in the SE" again never said we have national brand (I get it reading is hard for you ) I even stated in my post, which you quoted (again learn to read bro), that only a few schools who are considered blue bloods have a national brand. Again I don't want to be rude, but if you're going to quote a post maybe I dunno....................................ACTUALLY READ IT! Just realized you're a clemson fan and can't read................MY BAD!

Last edited by BiscoCocky; Yesterday at 01:52 AM..
BiscoCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:57 AM   #185
ChunkSnackwell
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:
ChunkSnackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:31 AM   #186
Three and Out
Walk On

Male

Three and Out has feathers coming inThree and Out has feathers coming inThree and Out has feathers coming in

Quote:
There have been a number of studies that show the Gamecocks have a far greater value than the Tigers. Now that may have changed recently because they won the championship, but it will fade back to the norm in a year or so.

Also we generate about 10-15 million more revenue per year than Clemson. And that additional revenue will continue to enhance and increase our value even more going forward. Most of it is due to the national brand the SEC enjoys being the best conference in the country. It's why our TV contract is the most lucrative. We wouldn't get paid that amount of money if we didn't have the highest viewership. This is all very simple.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:34 AM   #187
Three and Out
Walk On

Male

Three and Out has feathers coming inThree and Out has feathers coming inThree and Out has feathers coming in

Quote:
I don't want to be mean but........ DO YOU KNOW HOW TO READ??? you quoted me and highlighted my response and still misread and quoted me. I shouldn't have to write this, because again you quoted (again you should learn to read before using quotes)me but I said "They don't have a National Brand but like us and (various schools in the South east or SE for short) do have a brand in the SE" again never said we have national brand (I get it reading is hard for you ) I even stated in my post, which you quoted (again learn to read bro), that only a few schools who are considered blue bloods have a national brand. Again I don't want to be rude, but if you're going to quote a post maybe I dunno....................................ACTUALLY READ IT! Just realized you're a clemson fan and can't read................MY BAD!
Old Yesterday, 03:35 AM   #188
Three and Out
Walk On

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkSnackwell View Post
more points
Old Yesterday, 03:38 AM   #189
EAtMoRTaYtErz
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 51250
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeoftheCOCK View Post
Of all the things that a kid has chosen a school for the mascot has never been mentioned when I spoke to any or them, the coaches, administrators, professors, majors offered, connection to the family, location, ability to be seen on TV, playing in a major conference, playing in a huge stadium/gameday atmosphere, winning but never have they mentioned the brand or mascot. Not saying it is not important but IMO thinking if you brand yourself it will make a you a winner seems a bit shortsighted, it could help you in a small way to increase publicity and get students to enroll but winning would help your brand much more than your brand will help you win IMO
you are missing the point. It's not about the mascot. Oregon are the Ducks. Is a Duck cool? No. Is being and Oregon Duck Cool? Yeah, because NIKE! All the sweet uniforms the players get. It's what the players want. It's not the only thing. But it helps you get the players to help you win. People are saying JUST WIN, well it's not that easy. You need players to win, so we should do everything we can be doing to get the best players we can. Win and branding both matter and they go together!
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:50 AM   #190
EAtMoRTaYtErz
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 51250
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
Winning would help our brand.
and better branding would help us win.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM   #191
Pw00132
4-Star

Male

Pw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot material

What I got out of this thread is, branding doesn't matter but winning does.
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:44 AM   #192
Pw00132
4-Star

Male

Pw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot materialPw00132 is USC mascot material

USC has a good brand. Just need some wins behind it. Let's just get in the SEC championship and beat clempson this year.
Pw00132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:03 AM   #193
GSC2013
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
They may not care but they are aware of it. The orange and white paw helmet, like it or not, is very recognizable and branded. But yes...they aren't up there with blue bloods.

As for Miami and Nebraska in Charleston....I live in Charleston now and it is a very unique place within the state of SC. Of course USC and Clemson are the 2 most popular teams...but not by much. It's nowhere near the way it is in the rest of the state. For one, so many people here aren't from SC. You see a LOT of Ohio St, Penn St, Michigan fans. Lots of fans of the Florida schools also. Only 3 hours from Jacksonville. And the Carolina Panthers....may as well not even exist. Cowboys. Steelers. Redskins. Eagles. Pats. Oddly a lot of Bears and Packers fans.

Odd place to be a football fan. Truly doesn't seem to be any dominant favorite teams down here.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM   #194
GSC2013
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw00132 View Post
What I got out of this thread is, branding doesn't matter but winning does.
That's true. If Coca Cola and McDonald's tasted like shit they wouldn't be famous.
GSC2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM   #195
CoastCocky
Blue Chip

Female

CoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot materialCoastCocky is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAtMoRTaYtErz View Post
and better branding would help us win.
Said New Coke.
CoastCocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM   #196
Legalman72
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 20000000000
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
That's true. If Coca Cola and McDonald's tasted like shit they wouldn't be famous.
Not true.

Signed,

Doo-Doo Ice
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote