CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
Spur's Addiction
kick_ball
MountainCock
ucan'tlickourcocks
Three and Out
Captain9Dragons
Ace Dilcock
TastyLicks
2k15
24 in the CFP rankin (2595)
Sumlin Out at A& (1416)
My take (890)
Can we run the ball? (766)
MLB Hammers the Atla (539)
The Best Christmas M (423)
Patrick Davis-big ol (409)
Congratulations (248)
David Cassidy Dies (190)
PODCAST: Clemson Wee (94)
Sumlin Out at A&M
2018 - Dorian Gerald
Congratulations
Can we run the ball?
24 in the CFP rankings
MLB Hammers the Atlanta B
Can somebody design me a
New Smart TV
My take
Coaching carousel: 2017-1

Old 11-15-2017, 06:14 PM   #161
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 7500
EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 WBB - Olivia Nelson-Ododa - PF/C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
I share your sentiment.. but as good as the UConn program is, there are so many other very good programs now in the sport but UConn is still the "popular" choice for the best of the best. It's a cycle... the elite players keep going there, they keep winning, more elite players follow, the keep winning.

It's the path of least resistance.
It's not just Uconn we are losing out to though. It's very odd.
EAtMoRTaYtErz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:15 PM   #162
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 718660653
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

All of our problems recruiting are solved once we get a bagman!

Just Kidding!
Ahmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 06:16 PM   #163
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

EAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot materialEAtMoRTaYtErz is USC mascot material

There is no point obsessing about it. We'll still be a good team, but it feels like starting over when it should be taking off even more.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:16 PM   #164
EAtMoRTaYtErz
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
All of our problems recruiting are solved once we get a bagman!

Just Kidding!
bagmen for women's baskteball players really?
Old 11-15-2017, 06:18 PM   #165
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

A look at UCONN's future roster by recruiting rankings.

18/19 roster by recruiting rank:

1-Katie Lou Samuelson
1-Megan Walker
1-Christyn Williams
3-Crystal Dangerfield
5-Olivia Nelson-Ododa
6-Napheesa Collier
13-Mikayla Coombs
16-Andra Espinoza-Hunter
23-Azura Stevens
29-Lexi Gordon
53-Batouly Camara
NR-Molly Bent, Kyla Irwin
Old 11-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #166
SR4-AJ1
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10000000
SR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPit

Quote:

1-Katie Lou Samuelson
1-Megan Walker
1-Christyn Williams
3-Crystal Dangerfield
5-Olivia Nelson-Ododa
6-Napheesa Collier
13-Mikayla Coombs
16-Andra Espinoza-Hunter
23-Azura Stevens
29-Lexi Gordon
53-Batouly Camara
This is actually insane. One of the main reason there is no parity in WCBB. Some old stuff every year
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:30 PM   #167
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:

1-Katie Lou Samuelson
1-Megan Walker
1-Christyn Williams
3-Crystal Dangerfield
5-Olivia Nelson-Ododa
6-Napheesa Collier
13-Mikayla Coombs
16-Andra Espinoza-Hunter
23-Azura Stevens
29-Lexi Gordon
53-Batouly Camara
The rich get richer... something has to give.
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #168
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234645373229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Geno will retire in a few years and UCONN will move back to the pack.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:54 PM   #169
meesh982000
Blue Chip

Female

meesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talonsmeesh982000 has developed his gaff and talons

Transfer Season is coming soon
meesh982000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:01 PM   #170
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockhornleghorn View Post
Geno will retire in a few years and UCONN will move back to the pack.
Heís 63... I think his huge ego will carry him to at least 70. He probably wants to retire now but heís so energized from tormenting the rest of WCBB that he refuses to go quietly.
Old 11-15-2017, 11:46 PM   #171
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1061017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

We must not be doing something right on the recruiting trail.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:51 AM   #172
Cockfather
Walk On

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while exp3cting a different result. Something needs to change. Period.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #173
germangamecock
Walk On

Male

germangamecock is making other chickens nervousgermangamecock is making other chickens nervousgermangamecock is making other chickens nervousgermangamecock is making other chickens nervousgermangamecock is making other chickens nervousgermangamecock is making other chickens nervousgermangamecock is making other chickens nervous

I think Dawn know both Williams and ONO would commit somewhere else and made sure we had something to focus on and celebrate, instead of obsessing over some set backs.

Banner raising on Friday, rings for the entire Athletics Department, the Band and Cheerleaders on Wednesday.

Remember: 10 years ago, this program had a losing record. Just two wins in the SEC! Now we are national Champs, ranked #4 in the country, average 32 wins a year, dominate the conference etc.

This was built from practially nothing! The next title probably won't come quickly, but it will come, no doubt in my mind!

Just have a look at the two programs who beat us this recruiting season:
  • Baylor and Mulkey needed 6 seasons for the second title.
  • UConn and Auriemma needed 5 seasons for their second title.

I believe we have arrived and the future is bright, but the fruits of last season will take a bit longer to mature. Just need a bit of patience and enjoy this really good season we are just starting. There is plenty of history for this team to make!
germangamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:55 PM   #174
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2489087
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

Geno will probably stay until he can pass Summitt as the winingest coach in women's basketball. But, he will never do what Pat did to grow the game.
seamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 05:58 PM   #175
allnet43
Walk On

Male

allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by germangamecock View Post
I think Dawn know both Williams and ONO would commit somewhere else and made sure we had something to focus on and celebrate, instead of obsessing over some set backs.

Banner raising on Friday, rings for the entire Athletics Department, the Band and Cheerleaders on Wednesday.

Remember: 10 years ago, this program had a losing record. Just two wins in the SEC! Now we are national Champs, ranked #4 in the country, average 32 wins a year, dominate the conference etc.

This was built from practially nothing! The next title probably won't come quickly, but it will come, no doubt in my mind!

Just have a look at the two programs who beat us this recruiting season:
  • Baylor and Mulkey needed 6 seasons for the second title.
  • UConn and Auriemma needed 5 seasons for their second title.

I believe we have arrived and the future is bright, but the fruits of last season will take a bit longer to mature. Just need a bit of patience and enjoy this really good season we are just starting. There is plenty of history for this team to make!
Well said!
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #176
DorchesterGamecock
Starter

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Geno will probably stay until he can pass Summitt as the winingest coach in women's basketball. But, he will never do what Pat did to grow the game.
Well, Pat grew the game... but according to a lot of people, Geno and UConn are killing the game.

Personally, I think that’s stretching it a bit. “Killing the game” is a little intense. Yes, UConn fatigue is real but I don’t think we’re going to see that same dominance going forward that we’ve seen from them in the past. Even with them getting Nelson-Ododa and Williams, maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think either are transcendent (I STILL think NaLyssa Smith could end up being better than both in the right hands, unfortunately I’m not sure Mulkey has those hands).. there are just too many programs that care about WBB now to let that kind of dominance happen.. and talent is beginning to spread itself out more and more.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #177
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
Well, Pat grew the game... but according to a lot of people, Geno and UConn are killing the game.

Personally, I think thatís stretching it a bit. ďKilling the gameĒ is a little intense. Yes, UConn fatigue is real but I donít think weíre going to see that same dominance going forward that weíve seen from them in the past. Even with them getting Nelson-Ododa and Williams, maybe Iím wrong but I donít think either are transcendent (I STILL think NaLyssa Smith could end up being better than both in the right hands, unfortunately Iím not sure Mulkey has those hands).. there are just too many programs that care about WBB now to let that kind of dominance happen.. and talent is beginning to spread itself out more and more.
I agree with you. UCONN fans I know, are always saying a recruit is afraid to compete if they choose another school. They say they don't want to buy into the program, want attention, etc.I especially heard this when A'ja committed here. But I think recruits like A'ja are the ones that aren't afraid to compete.