CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky > NCAA Football

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
TaySC
Blackland
MEL
gotrice?
Gamecocks1137
wumarshall82
GregoryHouse
Senior Rooster
GoldenSpur7
**USC vs. Wofford GA (14975)
Clemson (976)
First Time Since 201 (893)
8-3 (2nd East) (830)
That was Jake’s best (825)
Clemson fairgrounds (495)
Don't underestimate (467)
Inside the Locker Ro (398)
Malcolm Young Dead (380)
Can somebody design (289)
Clemson
Ugliest uniforms around
That was Jake’s best game
Clemson fairgrounds parki
Picture
First for everything I gu
Will South Carolina score
First Time Since 2013...
College Football 2017
2018 - Dax Hollifield

Old 09-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
GamecockStud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot material
Default I hate the ppl that go for it every time

The people that go for it on 4th and 22 on their own side of the field in the first quarter when the score is 0-0, the people that ALWAYS go for two points, and the people that blitz every frickin play.

What do you do about these dudes? I'm trying to play in Ultimate Team mode, but I get these trolls that have better teams and just jump on me early. I either have to play from behind while they kill me or quit and receive a loss right away. I know that some people may say "well you just have to make them pay for it...." or whatever, but that's easier said than done on Ultimate Team mode when they've got such a good team.

Oh, and why doesn't NCAA show their team rating on this mode??
GamecockStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
CockyInTexas
Blast HardCheese

Male

CockyCash: 700
CockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot material
Default Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

I don't play ultimate team, or online dynasty, but I have managed a pretty good record in online play. I also disagree with playing what I call "Oregon style", but I punt on 4th, and play time of possession with these chumps. They usually score fast, and I will just eat up a quarter and a half on offense... Usually it gets them out of rhythm and they can't convert that 4th and 22 when they need to. It's all head games.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
CockyInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
GamecockStud
Blue Chip

Male

GamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot materialGamecockStud is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInTexas View Post
I don't play ultimate team, or online dynasty, but I have managed a pretty good record in online play. I also disagree with playing what I call "Oregon style", but I punt on 4th, and play time of possession with these chumps. They usually score fast, and I will just eat up a quarter and a half on offense... Usually it gets them out of rhythm and they can't convert that 4th and 22 when they need to. It's all head games.

Thanks, just trying to get some stuff off the chest
GamecockStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #4
lake-cityCOCK89
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot material

Run the ball, eat up clock and keep some backs in to block. I have a lot of success with 10 yard curls, outs and hitches. I read safties when I want to take a shot down the field and make sure my blocking numbers match up before I take a shot. Look at how many people they put in the box too. 1-1 to the outside is a win almost every time on all American mode (online, wish it was Heisman)

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
usc_thereal
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
usc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot materialusc_thereal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
Run the ball, eat up clock and keep some backs in to block. I have a lot of success with 10 yard curls, outs and hitches. I read safties when I want to take a shot down the field and make sure my blocking numbers match up before I take a shot. Look at how many people they put in the box too. 1-1 to the outside is a win almost every time on all American mode (online, wish it was Heisman)
Lake City in the house! I'm from Lake City. Finished high school (private) in 2002, but my parents still live there. We probably know each other. Ain't too big...
usc_thereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #6
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 64640
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockStud View Post
The people that go for it on 4th and 22 on their own side of the field in the first quarter when the score is 0-0, the people that ALWAYS go for two points, and the people that blitz every frickin play.

What do you do about these dudes? I'm trying to play in Ultimate Team mode, but I get these trolls that have better teams and just jump on me early. I either have to play from behind while they kill me or quit and receive a loss right away. I know that some people may say "well you just have to make them pay for it...." or whatever, but that's easier said than done on Ultimate Team mode when they've got such a good team.

Oh, and why doesn't NCAA show their team rating on this mode??
who does that on a consistent basis? I haven't seen any game like that..in 40 years.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #7
airjeffdude
Recruit

Male

airjeffdude is making other chickens nervousairjeffdude is making other chickens nervousairjeffdude is making other chickens nervousairjeffdude is making other chickens nervousairjeffdude is making other chickens nervousairjeffdude is making other chickens nervousairjeffdude is making other chickens nervous

I run the super no huddle no audible hurry up offense and I usually average about 80 points a game. It would be over 100 if I could play defense better.
airjeffdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #8
CockyInTexas
Blast HardCheese

Male

CockyCash: 700
CockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot materialCockyInTexas is USC mascot material
Default Re: Re: I hate the ppl that go for it every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
who does that on a consistent basis? I haven't seen any game like that..in 40 years.
Just a person trying to get a leg up on his competition... A person who thinks that you have to win absolutely everything... It's a f**king game for Chrissakes!

It's supposed to be fun, and if you can't have fun without winning, go back to the sand box.

CockyInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
sandstorm2001
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 50700
sandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot materialsandstorm2001 is USC mascot material

If it works for them why would they stop?
Old 09-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #10
ERNIET
GAMECOCK 43

Male

CockyCash: 2813
ERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervousERNIET is making other chickens nervous

It's not real. It is a game.
ERNIET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #11
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

I hate people that abbreviate people with "ppl" but what can you do?
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #12
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake-cityCOCK89 View Post
If they aren't playing press coverage, 9 out of 10 times you can convert a curl.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
uscfreek88
I was right about Cam

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

you not gonna like this answer but its the truth

you have 3 options:

1. get better and learn how to stop noobs like that b/c they out there for every sport game b/c every game has a glitch that ppl will exploit.....with that said it is the job of a defense to stop what an O is doing b/c other wise why would you stop it?

2. stop playing online

3. join a league where there are set rules that everyone must abide by (im in a madden online league and we have rules set to make the game more like real football and cut out the cheesers)...or if NCAA has communities, find one you can join where you know you will play legit players....like i said, im in a great madden one where we have about 5 leagues across the nation and pretty much at any time I can find a legit player to play if i want to.....but i dont play outside of my league games really
Old 09-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #14
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

One thing that I like to do in this game is drop a lot of my d-line in coverage... that messes up a lot of people because a majority pass and with the d-line in coverage it definitely fills up the players screen with defenders in a passing situation. I will also keep a qb spy out there since most play with a scrambling qb. Definitely cant run generic defenses on this game since no one likes to cover it seems like.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #15
jellafever
Make CAROLINA Great Again

Male

CockyCash: 49439155330
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

What do I do about these dudes? Score more points than them.

Then I drink a Sprite after every game with my pinky in the air.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #16
uscfreek88
I was right about Cam

Male

CockyCash: 243600
uscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot materialuscfreek88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by wumarshall82 View Post
One thing that I like to do in this game is drop a lot of my d-line in coverage... that messes up a lot of people because a majority pass and with the d-line in coverage it definitely fills up the players screen with defenders in a passing situation. I will also keep a qb spy out there since most play with a scrambling qb. Definitely cant run generic defenses on this game since no one likes to cover it seems like.
thats a good strategy i use a good bit too....you have to use it sparingly though, b/c if they know you gonna do it and switch to a run play, you gonna be SOL