CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
USCNowAndForever
thekob
manic52001
TastyLicks
dogunwo
etowngangsta
Flameout12
SanAntonioCock
GregoryHouse
PFW79
Tavyn Jackson (1125)
Do Not Underestimate (979)
HS football and brai (792)
AP Top 25 poll (341)
Yelow Stripey Things (328)
Regarding Streaming (255)
Regarding Streaming (211)
Season Tickets (169)
CBS Inside College F (94)
HS football and brai (40)
Season Tickets
AP Top 25 poll
Surprised no one is talki
2019 - Jakai Moore
Bryan Edwards is the Punt
Tavyn Jackson
HS football and brain dam
CBS Inside College Footba
2019 WBB - HoopGurlz (ESP
2019 - Quavaris Crouch

Old 06-12-2017, 10:35 AM   #1
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default 2019 - Malcolm Wilson

According to the State, USC offered Ridge View center Malcolm Wilson.
Wilson also posted on his Twitter.

Other offers are Clemson, SC State and Hampton.

6-11, but very skinny (reminds me a lot of Brandon Wallace).

Really a project prospect. Has great potential, but needs work and to put on a lot of mass if he is going to be a true post player.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #2
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Malcolm Wilson

Frank doesn't offer many sophomores. He must think Wilson has lots of potential.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:56 PM   #3
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 0
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
According to the State, USC offered Ridge View center Malcolm Wilson.
Wilson also posted on his Twitter.

Other offers are Clemson, SC State and Hampton.

6-11, but very skinny (reminds me a lot of Brandon Wallace).

Really a project prospect. Has great potential, but needs work and to put on a lot of mass if he is going to be a true post player.
Plenty of time to grow both out and up still for him. I always expect a sophomore basketball player to be rail thin, it'll be interesting to see how he develops physically the next 2 years.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:27 PM   #4
BigRedCock
kob's DADDY

Male

CockyCash: 5672
BigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot materialBigRedCock is USC mascot material

6'11" and 190 lbs....
Get this boy a cheeseburger!
BigRedCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:41 PM   #5
TwoNotch Dreams
Hot Up In The Met

Male

TwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot materialTwoNotch Dreams is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpin big View Post
Frank doesn't offer many sophomores. He must think Wilson has lots of potential.
He is really, really raw.

But, the upside is there because of his height and length. He just has to hit the gym and grow into his body. Usually everyone can improve on that when they make it to D1. But, the potential of someone like him being able to rim protect, pull boards and run the floor is tantalizing.

He reminds me a little bit of Damontrae Harris as a freshmen.
TwoNotch Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:47 AM   #6
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Not worried - when a youngster has a growth spurt, it takes a little while to fill back out. If he was a Senior, you would be worried, maybe even a little concerned if he was a Junior. But a Sophomore? He will put on 30-40 pounds even before he gets into a college weight program.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:50 PM   #7
VBCock
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

One analyst believes Wilson will be a top 50 player.

http://www.hoopseen.com/node/4145

Wilson seems a humble kid.
http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-...159252429.html

Clips here:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/7748615/...-wilson/videos

Personally after having watched some highlights, I see a good frame and athleticism. He looks like he will fill out.

Defense looks to be there with the shot blocking.

He apparently doesn't add a lot offensively at this point, but looking at what clips there are of put backs and one hook shot, I don't think he has the hurky jerky that some bigs have. I think he can be a good player and I like this offer.

Originally I raised my eyebrows a bit, but should have know that Martin would not extend such an early offer to a kid unless he was pretty sure and I see it too.
VBCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:50 PM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Coach Martin watched his game Monday. He only scored 4 pts, but had 7 rebounds and blocked 11 shots (!!!). He seems much more developed defensively than offensively right now, but then he is still a junior in high school.

He's listed at 205 lbs now as a Jr., compared to being 190 as a So., so he is filling out some. The article from The State says he's averaging 8.8 rpg and 6 bpg which leads his region. A solid to excellent defensive post player that we all know has to excite CFM, considering he's such a defense-oriented guy....

247 Sports Bio

The State article put out today:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...194902884.html
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #9
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Will probably fill out similar to Silva...around the 220-230 range...don't see him being like a Kotsar, Haase or Cudd in the 240-260 range.

Seems like a program fit guy....he is good at D and Martin likes to play defense. One thing we don't really have is a rim protector like Sam Muldrow.

If Wilson comes in and gets double digit boards and 5-6 blocks a night, that to me is a solid player...maybe chip in a few buckets and put backs...could be a solid role player early on. A lot will depend on how he develops in college.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 03:29 PM   #10
VBCock
4-Star

Male

VBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his combVBCock is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
Will probably fill out similar to Silva...around the 220-230 range...don't see him being like a Kotsar, Haase or Cudd in the 240-260 range.

Seems like a program fit guy....he is good at D and Martin likes to play defense. One thing we don't really have is a rim protector like Sam Muldrow.

If Wilson comes in and gets double digit boards and 5-6 blocks a night, that to me is a solid player...maybe chip in a few buckets and put backs...could be a solid role player early on. A lot will depend on how he develops in college.
Just looking at some of his highlights from August, I think he has the frame to carry some bulk. Maybe get into the 240 range, but I'd guess it will take some time.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:03 AM   #11
GeoCocky66
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 3353
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Named a final 3 of Clemson, Rice, and Georgetown.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 07:31 AM   #12
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Of all the 2019 prospects from SC he was the least likely to come to SC.

It looks like FM may strike out completely.

Gary - Alabama
Burns - UT
Wilson - (not in final list)
Brown - (not in final list)
James - (Possible, but will have to beat out Duke)
Old 08-13-2018, 07:59 AM   #13
crowcutta
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 6000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

any details on why he was least likely?
crowcutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #14
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisercock View Post
Of all the 2019 prospects from SC he was the least likely to come to SC.

It looks like FM may strike out completely.

Gary - Alabama
Burns - UT
Wilson - (not in final list)
Brown - (not in final list)
James - (Possible, but will have to beat out Duke)
Keep reading on the Gamecock Fan sites that this is no big deal when I could not disagree more.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:02 AM   #15
AmonRa777
1st Team All-SEC

Male

AmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot materialAmonRa777 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
Keep reading on the Gamecock Fan sites that this is no big deal when I could not disagree more.
I see your point... But this is the wrong prospect to make it on... Wilson is no big deal!!! But some of the others would have helped elevate our program.. I have seen Wilson play... I don't see SEC potential at all!!
AmonRa777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #16
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

I would imagine that if the top 5 recruits in SC for 2019 goes to out-of-state programs it would be a big loss for the state of SC. The problem would seem to be much bigger than the head coaches at these colleges.
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #17
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowcutta View Post
any details on why he was least likely?
The only thing I have read was that he wants to go out of state. But he's been to Clemson several times so I suspect that is not the reason.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:19 AM   #18
Wisercock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
As an in-state school we should be able to get a share of the best talent from SC. It isn't a big deal ONLY if we get equal or better talent from out of state.

It is also well documented that there are people active in the high school basketball scene who are actively encouraging in-state players to go out of state and to stay away from USC.

That is tough to overcome.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:37 AM   #19
VBCock
4-Star

Male

Wilson is a straight project from what I can tell. No offensive game to speak of. All defense.

As a second or third big in a class that would have been ok, but USC needs someone a bit more equipped to play immediately and that's the primary thing I'm looking at in next year's class.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:49 AM   #20
Cockfather
Recruit

Male

Cockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his combCockfather is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBCock View Post
Wilson is a straight project from what I can tell. No offensive game to speak of. All defense.

As a second or third big in a class that would have been ok, but USC needs someone a bit more equipped to play immediately and that's the primary thing I'm looking at in next year's class.
Totally agree. I was told he barely weighs 200 pounds and doesnít have good hands. Heís a major project. If Clemson hits on guys they want, Wilson will end up at A mid major. Not a loss in terms of a player, but the perception continues to pile up on Frank. Al, the best guys from instate continue to flock out of state, even after a Final Four run. I doubt Frank stays past this season if he can win and get back to the NCAA tournament. Canít really blame him.
Cockfather is offline   Reply With Quote