CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground > Basketball Recruits

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
Master Bedroom
Wisercock
Spur's Addiction
SanAntonioCock
thekob
ShutTheSuccop
TastyLicks
The GOOD news vs Cle (1722)
McMurphy's credibili (445)
Relocating Chiefs-Ra (368)
Is this week the vet (208)
2021 ATH/RB - Will S (76)
2020 OT - Chris Morr (73)
4 Chattanooga Ticket (13)
Spam - Treet - & (0)
Relocating Chiefs-Rams ga
How Good Can Frank's Team
The GOOD news vs Clemson.
2019 - Jalen Perry
Hiring Recycled Coaches
VERY little has changed 2
Spam - Treet - & Pork
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
Collard Greens - Who Love
**USC (1-1) vs. Norfolk S

Old 03-30-2017, 12:07 PM   #21
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 WBB - Samantha Brunelle - Forward

Brunelle hopes to have a list of schools by Fall, conduct home visits and then she'll cut down to her finalists. Lets hope the Gamecocks are among them.

Brunelle hoping for return to USA Basketball
DorchesterGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:36 PM   #22
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

FLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spurs

I sure hope we can get this young lady to be a Gamecock! We sure don't need to play against her in a UCONN uniform.
FLgamecockJAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:37 PM   #23
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2126001
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorchesterGamecock View Post
Brunelle hopes to have a list of schools by Fall, conduct home visits and then she'll cut down to her finalists. Lets hope the Gamecocks are among them.

Brunelle hoping for return to USA Basketball
Any word of how good our chances are?
Ahmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #24
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

FLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spursFLgamecockJAX has earned his spurs

Did our chances improve tonight?? Sam, come on down and bring home the hardware during your time just as Aja did tonight.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:26 AM   #25
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

DorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot materialDorchesterGamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
Any word of how good our chances are?
I'm very sure we're in her top 5. She likes Staley and SC a lot (she's already visited unofficially TWICE, so she paid out of pocket to visit SC). Judging by her twitter she was very excited about last night.

We have as good a shot with Brunelle as anybody.
Old 04-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #26
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 933396
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Now that Staley is a Natty HC and the 2020 USA HC. We should see an uptick on the top recruits interested in playing here
Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:38 AM   #27
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1300000
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Love to get her but I'm skeptical.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #28
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 2126001
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

Quote:
I'm very sure we're in her top 5. She likes Staley and SC a lot (she's already visited unofficially TWICE, so she paid out of pocket to visit SC). Judging by her twitter she was very excited about last night.

We have as good a shot with Brunelle as anybody.
Thanks
Ahmad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #29
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

I sure wish Samantha could be in town for the celebration today like some of our other visitors.
Old 04-09-2017, 08:50 PM   #30
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234631605329
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgamecockJAX View Post
I sure wish Samantha could be in town for the celebration today like some of our other visitors.
Any recruits that were in town for the parade had to be impressed. There must have been 50,000 or more out there today.
Old 04-09-2017, 10:40 PM   #31
brat
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

I hope Dawn is making videos of the parade to send to all our recruits.
Old 04-12-2017, 06:50 AM   #32
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

I really am puzzled as to why dawn can't get a white girl. Obviously we can win a natty with the players she brings in but it still puzzles me. When I see a Samantha brunelle I see a player who, based on past history, won't be a gc..I see her and think uconn..hope she changes that perception by committing here.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #33
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13324
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
I really am puzzled as to why dawn can't get a white girl. Obviously we can win a natty with the players she brings in but it still puzzles me. When I see a Samantha brunelle I see a player who, based on past history, won't be a gc..I see her and think uconn..hope she changes that perception by committing here.
Oh no he didn't!

UCONN gets the best players in the country, regardless of race. But the Northeast has more white players. Ergo, they have more than we do.

We recruit our area, and there are not a lot of talented white players. But Haley Troup (gotta be white with a name like Haley) is in the latest class so you are wrong with your comment anyway.

Kinda hard to criticize recruiting strategy after we just won a natty. But you did anyway.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #34
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Oh no he didn't!

UCONN gets the best players in the country, regardless of race. But the Northeast has more white players. Ergo, they have more than we do.

We recruit our area, and there are not a lot of talented white players. But Haley Troup (gotta be white with a name like Haley) is in the latest class so you are wrong with your comment anyway.

Kinda hard to criticize recruiting strategy after we just won a natty. But you did anyway.
lol at the drama.. where in my post did i criticize her strategy? i even said that dawn won the natty with the girls she gets. She can recruit the same type players for all i care. i was talking about samantha and the chance she actually commits to carolina. I didnt realize we had troup. That is all.

I think its funny these days that you cannot even have a conversation when it comes to race without someone getting ruffled.

Last edited by sc455; 04-12-2017 at 10:57 AM..
Old 04-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #35
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
lol at the drama.. where in my post did i criticize her strategy? i even said that dawn won the natty with the girls she gets. She can recruit the same type players for all i care. i was talking about samantha and the chance she actually commits to carolina. I didnt realize we had troup. That is all.

I think its funny these days that you cannot even have a conversation when it comes to race without someone getting ruffled.
Dawn's earlier classes had white young women, it's just that lately that hasn't been the case. Like previously stated, we do have a white young women in our 2017 class.. and we've recruited white young women before.

SC is an elite program now.. and we've recruited out of the top 100 for the last few years now.. and it just so happens that with basketball being the sport it is, there aren't a lot of white young women at the elite level.

For example, look at the ESPN hoopgurlz ranking for 2017, 14 of the 15 highest ranked players are black with the lone white player at #15 (Chantel Horvat-UCLA). Then in the next 15 players there are only 3 more white players, so that makes 4 white players in the top 30. Even in the 2018 class, there are only 6 white players in the top 30 and none of them are from the Deep South. We mostly recruit the Deep South and it just so happens that more black players are in the Deep South. With SC now being a nationally recognized program, that will change as we start getting into Texas, California (the West Coast in general), and increasing our recruiting in the Midwest and Northeast.. all of those are areas where you see more white players.

And I disagree with you about Samantha Brunelle. SC has a really good chance with her.. Brunelle and her family love SC..it's Southern, relatively close to home, and they really love Dawn. Brunelle has already visited SC twice (more than she's visited UConn) and she will likely visit SC again during the Fall or this summer for Elite Camp. SC is right in there with Brunelle.. I'm willing to bet they are one of the favorites to land Brunelle.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #36
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Dawn's earlier classes had white young women, it's just that lately that hasn't been the case. Like previously stated, we do have a white young women in our 2017 class.. and we've recruited white young women before.

SC is an elite program now.. and we've recruited out of the top 100 for the last few years now.. and it just so happens that with basketball being the sport it is, there aren't a lot of white young women at the elite level.

For example, look at the ESPN hoopgurlz ranking for 2017, 14 of the 15 highest ranked players are black with the lone white player at #15 (Chantel Horvat-UCLA). Then in the next 15 players there are only 3 more white players, so that makes 4 white players in the top 30. Even in the 2018 class, there are only 6 white players in the top 30 and none of them are from the Deep South. We mostly recruit the Deep South and it just so happens that more black players are in the Deep South. With SC now being a nationally recognized program, that will change as we start getting into Texas, California (the West Coast in general), and increasing our recruiting in the Midwest and Northeast.. all of those are areas where you see more white players.

And I disagree with you about Samantha Brunelle. SC has a really good chance with her.. Brunelle and her family love SC..it's Southern, relatively close to home, and they really love Dawn. Brunelle has already visited SC twice (more than she's visited UConn) and she will likely visit SC again during the Fall or this summer for Elite Camp. SC is right in there with Brunelle.. I'm willing to bet they are one of the favorites to land Brunelle.
sounds good..thanks.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:43 PM   #37
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

We had the #2, 4 and 10 picks in the draft last night. Next year, we have the #1 pick. Come on down Sam with the best fans in the sport and become a future #1 pick!!
Old 06-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #38
allnet43
Recruit

Male

allnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his clawsallnet43 is sharpening his claws

Samantha looked great during the USAWBU16 team games. She didn't try to do too much which can happen on teams like this, but played solid team ball. Man, she hit some smooth Steph Curry depth 3's......hope we hang in there for making her a Gamecock.
allnet43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:25 PM   #39
FLgamecockJAX
Blue Chip

Male

This young lady sure has game!! I look forward to watching her play......but hope it's in a Gamecock uniform!
Old 08-06-2017, 03:18 PM   #40
DorchesterGamecock
Game MVP

Male

Releasing her top 11 schools on August 14th.. FWIW, I expect SC to be named. I'd put money on us being a favorite.