CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Fowl Shots

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
smoovecock
rt3891
MountainCock
Three and Out
Order 66
kingofnerf
gotrice?
Gamecocks1137
Pats - Jags Game Fix (1288)
South Carolina Gamec (909)
Football Recruiting (571)
Breaking down the Ga (511)
All (half) Decade te (432)
I had a dream last n (390)
2018 Spring Scrimmag (250)
2021 - Quenton Barne (190)
2018 SEC Pre-Spring (185)
ROKU (111)
Football Recruiting - Top
How Many 247- 4 Stars in
The 2018 Big Dance Thread
What does Frank need for
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
Pats - Jags Game Fixed Co
Stephen Gilmore
Breaking down the Gamecoc
*** 2018 Carolina Panther
All (half) Decade team: 2

Old 01-11-2018, 12:03 AM   #81
CockTail
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5500
CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material
Default Re: Louisville Transfer or Recruit

Is he virtually in the clear or can the NCAA still rule him permanently ineligible?
Old 01-11-2018, 12:17 AM   #82
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 685292479036
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Keep your ears open for inside information on Bowen, and post it if you hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCIW View Post
Glad someone finally made a thread because I wasn’t sure where to post this. But, I heard that he was none too happy about the McClendon for OC hire. Just what I heard though.
I heard he was excited about the renovations at Founder's Park though.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:53 AM   #83
Cockhornleghorn
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1234644373229
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brian Bowen to South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
Most people don't even remember this, but you are right. I was thinking the same thing!!!
I was just a baby when he signed with USC and still lived in NJ, but I've heard the story many times.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:20 AM   #84
Ahmad
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 272298474
Ahmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot materialAhmad is USC mascot material

JR Year film

Ahmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:14 AM   #85
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 119335183
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Keep your ears open for inside information on Bowen, and post it if you hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopcockycock View Post
I think that there is a lot of confusion on when exactly this kid will be able to officially step onto the court in a game, for this university. I realize the norm is he'd have to sit for two semesters as a transfer. But he never played for them, and there are extenuating circumstances. I am hearing that they are discussing giving him a waiver because of all the craziness. I am hearing he will never be able to actually play. I have also heard he will be able to practice with the team immediately, and eligible to play as of the first game of next season. So please post what you know, or what you've heard, but differentiate which is which. Thanks!
The most official word I've read is that he must sit the first two semesters, which is spring and fall of 2018. He will be eligible to play beginning in December 2018. He is being treated as any transfer from another program, that is required to sit two semesters before being eligible to play for his new program. Like all other red-shirting transfers, he's free to participate in team functions and practices, and sit on the bench during games. The reason right now that he won't be available to start the 2018-19 season, is because he simply wasn't a part of the program at the start of this season, and enrolled in classes at USC.

Now, if USC also chooses to submit a waiver request to the NCAA to waive that, like we did for Te'a Cooper on the women's team, then there may be something different that happens, maybe not. I haven't read that USC will submit any such request.....
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #86
sc455
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 63940
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockNJersey View Post
Good job, Frank. Clean or dirty, I donít care. We are pitiful and need talent in the worst way. Just make sure nothing can be traced. Only stinks that he has to wait so long to play.
Disgusting.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:05 AM   #87
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 2108107
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockTail View Post
Is he virtually in the clear or can the NCAA still rule him permanently ineligible?
No. I think there is a ton of wishful thinking around USC but he may be ruled ineligible by ncaa. Could never see the court. This is a bit risky and an odd choice by him considering we had a coach tied to the whole scandal. I really hope this works out for both parties but it's a bit of a head scratcher.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:22 AM   #88
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1061017
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
No. I think there is a ton of wishful thinking around USC but he may be ruled ineligible by ncaa. Could never see the court. This is a bit risky and an odd choice by him considering we had a coach tied to the whole scandal. I really hope this works out for both parties but it's a bit of a head scratcher.
Not sure what the risk is. Worst case he never suits up for us and we continue to be an average team. Best case he suits up for us and makes us better.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:24 AM   #89
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13662
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

The Charleston paper said he would be cleared December 18th to start playing. But he can practice now.

I don't think the NCAA has any issues with the young man right now - the recruiting scandal is all FBI. Louisville cut him loose to avoid penalties, not because he was ineligible. I am sure the NCAA will look into it, and the Pitino wrongful termination trial will factor in somewhere, but right now he can play after two semesters.

This is typical Frank recruiting - you hear nothing until the recruit is signed up or on campus.

If/when he plays, we could have the best team in our history. Rah and Gravett at Point, Beatty and Holden at Shooting Guard, Minaya and Bowen at Wing, Silva, Haase, Kotsar, Cudd and Doumbia inside.

We only have one spot remaining so I could see someone leaving - which is why I left Gueye off the list. If he does not show something this year, I can see him going elsewhere for more PT.

We need two more Guards - a Point and a #2, because we will need the for the following season (Gravett and Holden will be Seniors next year) and, as shown this year, we need depth at Guard.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:01 AM   #90
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 2108107
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Not sure what the risk is. Worst case he never suits up for us and we continue to be an average team. Best case he suits up for us and makes us better.

Reference the Lamont Evans issue. If nothing ties usc to any of that, great and it certainly looks like we're in the clear. This could however make investigators take a deeper look. There's the risk to me. If Martin and Tanner feel good about his ncaa status and that investigation, this is a good move. I hope it all works out and he plays here. Would be great to see and Martin needs him.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:03 AM   #91
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94820
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

Hope he can play for us next season, but I'm not going to count on it.

I don't mind Frank taking a chance here. We had nothing to lose. Hopefully tgis helps us with some recruits.

Last edited by MWard; 01-11-2018 at 10:18 AM..
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:27 AM   #92
garnet&black1998rn
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 3000
garnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot materialgarnet&black1998rn is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Clemson fans are taking this and running with it. Acting like they are not cheating through their teeth. Pathetic.

Who actually GAS about what a bunch of livestock fondlers care about our recruits? They can suck on tractor exhaust, while sliding cash to their friends at I piss Twice a year.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:33 AM   #93
GeoCocky66
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 3167
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Sorry if someone else posted this and I missed it, but here's an article on Anfernee Simons from 2 days ago. He does mention that USC has become involved, and Frank observed him in December. He seems to be weighing going pro more than Bowen, and if he doesn't enroll somewhere in the next couple days for spring semester (like Bowen did), it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

https://247sports.com/Article/Anfern...sion-113476915
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:34 AM   #94
thumpin big
1st Team All-SEC

Male

thumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot materialthumpin big is USC mascot material

I don't believe Frank would have taken Brian unless he thought he was innocent of taking money to attend Louisville, and that he was going to be eligible to play like any transfer.
thumpin big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:36 AM   #95
BringBackGarcia
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talons

Couple of questions and my opinion:

1. The NCAA has not actually ruled on this yet, right? I thought Louisville acted on their own to dismiss Bowen or make him ineligible, but I've never heard about or seen anything on the actual NCAA investigation.

2. Has anyone heard anything new about the FBI case?

With those questions, I say go for it. Get the NCAA to clear him before he hits the court but there's plenty of time with the transfer rule. I don't see the harm, either, in asking for a waiver to play in the Fall.

The optics depend on who's looking. From my standpoint as a fan, I take this that Martin and co. either 1) feel entirely confident that Lamont was just a rogue coach and nothing will touch the program because of it or 2) It's still up in the air, so f*** it. Just go for it. I'm cool with either approach. This is, however, putting a lot of faith in the compliance office but whatever.

I'd put the odd at 30% he'll never see the court, though.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:44 AM   #96
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
No question people had a legit gripe.
I'm hoping he can reel in Cousinard and Jairus Hamilton (maybe Kaosi Ezegu) this year.

2019 I can see a heavy in-state haul with hopefully Hannibal, D.J. Burns and Christian Brown..if not Brown, Josiah James.

Just saw where Josiah James got a bump on Rivals. He is now a 5 star and the highest recruit in SC. But only a few spots ahead of Christian Brown. A lot of good talent in the state for 2019
Old 01-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #97
Wisercock
Bowl MVP

Male

Wisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot materialWisercock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock88 View Post
Reference the Lamont Evans issue. If nothing ties usc to any of that, great and it certainly looks like we're in the clear. This could however make investigators take a deeper look. There's the risk to me. If Martin and Tanner feel good about his ncaa status and that investigation, this is a good move. I hope it all works out and he plays here. Would be great to see and Martin needs him.
That was my thought when I read your previous post. At the very least the NCAA will look closely. If there is *any* connection between Bowen and Evans he will never play here. But I have to think that Pastides, Tanner and Martin looked at this very closely. Their reputations (and possibly their jobs) are on the line too.

Unless there is something no one could possibly know about in advance I think he will play next December, with an outside chance at a waiver in which case he will start next fall.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #98
GAMEKEM
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
GAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervousGAMEKEM is making other chickens nervous

I was really surprised by this news. I thought for sure the whole thing with Evans would prevent us from even considering this scenario. Well overall I think this is great news for all parties. I think Frank is the kinda positive adult influence Bowen needs in his life right now. Even if he never plays for us, both he and our team should benefit from just the practices.
GAMEKEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:17 PM   #99
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock303 View Post
he will start practicing with the team this week...even if he never steps on the court for us in a game he will help develop our players in practice.
Some people may not realize how important this is, but it is HUGE for the teams progress!
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:44 PM   #100
CockNJersey
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5533
CockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot materialCockNJersey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscGRAD04 View Post
Just saw where Josiah James got a bump on Rivals. He is now a 5 star and the highest recruit in SC. But only a few spots ahead of Christian Brown. A lot of good talent in the state for 2019
Frank better hope he lands either James or Brown. If he goes 0-3 on 5* recruits in our front and back yard (including Zion, assuming he goes elsewhere) over such a short period, that's pretty bad. Awful actually.
CockNJersey is offline   Reply With Quote