CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Spur's Addiction
rt3891
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Ace Dilcock
PFW79
kingofnerf
Flameout12
GregoryHouse
BiscoCocky
Back On the Dating S (826)
18 days (588)
10 Oldest and Newest (430)
New claim from LaVar (408)
Sad day at Casa on t (368)
2021 - WBB - Hollywo (114)
Please explain: Litt (27)
2021 - WBB - Hollywood Ra
2019 - Jaylen McCollough
18 days
WBB seat fee ripoff
2019 - PG Josiah James (M
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
10 Oldest and Newest Coll
Binchotan Japanese charco
Where Does Joey Chestnut
2018 W/L Prediction - wit


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2017, 09:23 PM   #21
Truly Cocky
Anonymous
 
Truly Cocky's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 6,781
CockyCash: 50500500
Truly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot materialTruly Cocky is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

T-Rob is staying because he's gonna get PAID and he's loyal to Muschamp.

B-Mac I would assume is gone if he doesn't get the OC job. Which I completely understand, dude wants to be a playcaller and he's going to be an HC one day, sooner rather than later.

Think that's the only attrition we might have this year.
Truly Cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #22
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 14,394
CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by CackDiesel View Post
If we bring in an OC, he may want to hire some of his own support staff. We may lose a few in this manner
Gut feeling but I don't think we lose anyone to that. I highly doubt Wolf is going anywhere, Bentley isn't, and Washington isn't. I could see a new OC bringing a new WR coach to replace BMac just because there is a very good chance that BMac doesn't stay if he doesn't get the job. That said OCs don't generally request their own on field staff, they will bring a QC or two with them though.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:33 PM   #23
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC
 
roosterdude21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 4,847
CockyCash: 3112020772
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Just a thought here, but where would McClendon go if he doesn't land the OC role here? I'm sure anyone will hire him as a position coach but he can do that here. Muschamp and Tanner convinced Elliott to stay after not getting the HC gig. So, I mean, it is possible McClendon stays being that leaving for a non-OC position would be a bit silly.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:35 PM   #24
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 14,394
CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Just a thought here, but where would McClendon go if he doesn't land the OC role here? I'm sure anyone will hire him as a position coach but he can do that here. Muschamp and Tanner convinced Elliott to stay after not getting the HC gig. So, I mean, it is possible McClendon stays being that leaving for a non-OC position would be a bit silly.
Word is FSU would offer him Co-OC role, potentially even play calling duties though the play calling would be due to Taggert being an offensive coach.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:44 PM   #25
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC
 
roosterdude21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 4,847
CockyCash: 3112020772
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Word is FSU would offer him Co-OC role, potentially even play calling duties though the play calling would be due to Taggert being an offensive coach.
That damn FSU. They are our new Auburn it seems. Poaching our coaches and blue chip talent in recent seasons. Anyway, thanks for the info. I still think he can do that here with the same promise and give him a resounding endorsement at the end of next year when he gets tagged to run is own offense.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:50 PM   #26
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 14,394
CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
That damn FSU. They are our new Auburn it seems. Poaching our coaches and blue chip talent in recent seasons. Anyway, thanks for the info. I still think he can do that here with the same promise and give him a resounding endorsement at the end of next year when he gets tagged to run is own offense.
That's just rumor at this point. Nothing in terms of coaching moves to come is more than that but it basically sounds like the "where else could he go" crowd don't have much of a leg to stand on. It seems like either retain him as OC or lose him. If we look good against Michigan I'd be all for retaining him at OC, and I'm pretty sure Muschamp thinks the same.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #27
roosterdude21
1st Team All-SEC
 
roosterdude21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: S. Carolina
Posts: 4,847
CockyCash: 3112020772
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
That's just rumor at this point. Nothing in terms of coaching moves to come is more than that but it basically sounds like the "where else could he go" crowd don't have much of a leg to stand on. It seems like either retain him as OC or lose him. If we look good against Michigan I'd be all for retaining him at OC, and I'm pretty sure Muschamp thinks the same.
Wait. Why though? He wasn't planning on leaving before Roper was let go so he can serve in the same role here but under a different OC. He's stepping up for the team in the bowl game because he has the most experience and the title to do so (before anyone says B. Bentley).

Is it because how he left UGA after not getting the gig? Even then, he can step back into co-OC role here if we sign an elite OC. Unless some small school some where wants him as an OC. We're the only power 5 school even considering him.

I think him threatening to leave is just a bunch of fiddle faddle. Kind of a douche move to put Muschamp in that situation after a one game interview. Coach McClendon doesn't strike me as the type to do something like that. I could be wrong, but I could be right.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:10 PM   #28
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC
 
TaySC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aiken
Posts: 4,074
CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

I don't think he has threatened to leave.....

I think it is all pure speculation at this point.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:17 PM   #29
gotrice?
1st Team All-American
 
gotrice?'s Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charleston/Columbia
Posts: 14,394
CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterdude21 View Post
Wait. Why though? He wasn't planning on leaving before Roper was let go so he can serve in the same role here but under a different OC. He's stepping up for the team in the bowl game because he has the most experience and the title to do so (before anyone says B. Bentley).

Is it because how he left UGA after not getting the gig? Even then, he can step back into co-OC role here if we sign an elite OC. Unless some small school some where wants him as an OC. We're the only power 5 school even considering him.

I think him threatening to leave is just a bunch of fiddle faddle. Kind of a douche move to put Muschamp in that situation after a one game interview. Coach McClendon doesn't strike me as the type to do something like that. I could be wrong, but I could be right.
Word is he has a Co--OC job waiting on him at FSU, potentially as play caller, if he wants it. Hopefully that ends up being false but if true it is either give him the reigns or let him go, there are no other options if that is the truth.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #30
TaySC
1st Team All-SEC
 
TaySC's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Aiken
Posts: 4,074
CockyCash: 0
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

With BMac being the recruiter for Horn, I'm glad he is signing Wednesday.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:32 AM   #31
Senior Rooster
Game MVP
 
Senior Rooster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lexington. SC
Posts: 1,937
CockyCash: 7800
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Word is he has a Co--OC job waiting on him at FSU, potentially as play caller, if he wants it. Hopefully that ends up being false but if true it is either give him the reigns or let him go, there are no other options if that is the truth.
Doesn't he already have a Co-OC Title here???
__________________
WIN! EM! ALL!!!!!!!!!!!
OORAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:58 AM   #32
sully1
Blue Chip
 
sully1's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: lexington, sc
Posts: 605
CockyCash: 5500
sully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPit
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

This thread is pure speculation and as I said earlier.....WORTHLESS!

I absolutely HATE threads like this. Muschamp and Company know who might leave, etc. and no need for stupid fans on boards like this talking a bunch of junk that they dont have a clue about.
sully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:49 AM   #33
Y Formation
1st Team All-SEC
 
Y Formation's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Monroe Co, Florida
Posts: 3,682
CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1 View Post
This thread is pure speculation and as I said earlier.....WORTHLESS!

I absolutely HATE threads like this. Muschamp and Company know who might leave, etc. and no need for stupid fans on boards like this talking a bunch of junk that they dont have a clue about.
I'm glad BMAC got the OC title.

I'm glad we are rumored to promote a QC coach.

Werner is another quality addition and so far Roper is the only one
not returning.

And I'm remaining hopeful we can retain the rest of the staff. We're in the second week of the new year and they are all still here.

If you HATE a thread, why read it? Or even post in it?
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:49 PM   #34
sully1
Blue Chip
 
sully1's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: lexington, sc
Posts: 605
CockyCash: 5500
sully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPitsully1 rules the CockPit
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Formation View Post
I'm glad BMAC got the OC title.

I'm glad we are rumored to promote a QC coach.

Werner is another quality addition and so far Roper is the only one
not returning.

And I'm remaining hopeful we can retain the rest of the staff. We're in the second week of the new year and they are all still here.

If you HATE a thread, why read it? Or even post in it?

This thread is proof that speculative posts are worthless. That was my point and still is.
sully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #35
tcmac08
Three-toed sloth
 
tcmac08's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: aiken
Posts: 4,395
CockyCash: 200
tcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot materialtcmac08 is USC mascot material
Default Re: How Much Attrition Do We Expect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1 View Post
This thread is proof that speculative posts are worthless. That was my point and still is.
It is not worthless as it had worth to the OP as well as numerous others that wanted to offer speculation. If you deemed it worthless you could of ignored the thread and not posted. However, you did which means that you got some worth out of it. Even if it was just to lash out and relieve some kind of personal frustration.
tcmac08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Provided by SLB Development