CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
Master Bedroom
TastyLicks
Blitzkrieg
SanAntonioCock
donbgamecock
Three and Out
Gamecocks1137
Captain9Dragons
Flameout12
**USC Women (15-3) v (1353)
Stephen Gilmore (625)
Alshon Jeffery (623)
Caption This Pic (536)
NFL: JAGUARS @ PATRI (533)
TV in the garage (371)
NFL: VIKINGS @ EAGLE (283)
The 2018 Big Dance T (236)
Super Bowl LII Alsh (179)
NFL question (173)
Pats - Jags Game Fixed Co
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
Alshon Jeffery
Super Bowl LII Alshon vs
COD: WWII
247 is a Joke
TV in the garage
Stephen Gilmore
Caption This Pic
NFL: JAGUARS @ PATRIOTS S

Old 01-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #61
AtlGAMECOCK
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 964742
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK
Default Re: Spurrier vs Muschamp: apples to apples?

I'll say this sos didn't do well at the end but did a lot for this program. He gave us the 3 best seasons of gamecock football. You can't let his downfall kill whay he has done at usc.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:59 PM   #62
Johnny Cockyc@sh
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Johnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his comb

Spurrier proved the Gamecocks potential. Muschamp can prove we can live up to that potential.
Johnny Cockyc@sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #63
Gamecocks0197
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

I've said this for years: Don't let 1.5 seasons ruin what happened for the previous 9. Gamecock fans are allowed to be mad for what happened in 2015, but also remember that he's the reason that 7-6 is now a disappointment.

Which is why I think the argument of "who had it easier" is a tough one. Spurrier had to prove you can win at South Carolina. Muschamp doesn't have that challenge, but the attitude from the fan base is different - expectations are higher than 7-6.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:47 PM   #64
longhaul
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 2000
longhaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot materiallonghaul is USC mascot material

So the original thread title said Apples to Apples? and after reading all of this I think I come to the conclusion that they cannot be compared apples to apples so I will go with "no" for the answer.
longhaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:23 PM   #65
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sporkgod50 View Post
I don't think he ever intended to do a fair comparison. This was a thinly veiled attempt at running down Spurrier, because the OP doesn't understand that you can appreciate what SOS did AND what Champ is doing.
Well.....I was trying not to go there.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #66
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecocks0197 View Post
Which is why I think the argument of "who had it easier" is a tough one. Spurrier had to prove you can win at South Carolina. Muschamp doesn't have that challenge, but the attitude from the fan base is different - expectations are higher than 7-6.
Good observation!

There's also a lot of us that go back a long ways and remember things beyond just the HBC and Will.

I still miss Coach Joe, love Dr. Lou, and Brad Scott can eat dog do-do.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:54 PM   #67
TaySC
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

I think Hyman deserves most of the credit for the start of us taking facility upgrades seriously.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:21 PM   #68
sporkgod50
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000003846
sporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot materialsporkgod50 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Well.....I was trying not to go there.
I get that. You're a better man than I am. Ha!

a bison.
sporkgod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:34 PM   #69
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 1
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Spurrier got rid of Ron

If Muschamp can get rid of thesnake...

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #70
DrZyn
El Logical

Male

CockyCash: 201562
DrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot materialDrZyn is USC mascot material

Spurrier vs Muschamp at Florida, Spurrier was better. Spurrier vs Muschamp at USC, time will tell.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #71
Flameout12
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregoryHouse View Post
Spurrier got rid of Ron.....

Quote:
"I really only had problems with one guy, but he's gone now, so at least I outlasted him," Spurrier said, capping it off with the trademark smirk.
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/30298...on-his-way-out
Old 01-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #72
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 27500
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

[quote=Flameout12;5131184]Good observation!

There's also a lot of us that go back a long ways and remember things beyond just the HBC and Will.

I still miss Coach Joe, love Dr. Lou, and Brad Scott can eat dog do-do.[/quote]

I laughed until tears!!!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #73
the camp branch kid
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 5500
the camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot materialthe camp branch kid is USC mascot material

More like apples to Asian pears.
with a Gamecock story to tell.
the camp branch kid is offline   Reply With Quote