CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
smoovecock
Blitzkrieg
Master Bedroom
Captain9Dragons
TaySC
GoldenSpur7
TastyLicks
Tigertime
CapitolCock
Only Southerners Get (1043)
Paul Finnbaum Show (935)
2018 - SG - Anfernee (583)
Sobering stat for ba (538)
Shane Beamer (522)
What was the best mo (327)
Stephen Garcia art p (265)
Early Week 1 College (181)
Ireland (111)
AKORN GRILL FROM LOW (96)
2018 - Rick Sandidge
Only Southerners Get Thes
Shane Beamer
2018 Commitment - Bryce T
2018 - Marlon Character J
2018 Commitment - Lamariu
Paul Finnbaum Show
247 is a Joke
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Football Recruiting - Top

Old 01-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Arrow 2018 Prediction Thread - It Can Never Be Too Soon

Coastal Carolina - Until proven otherwise, I will always feel that our season opener will be a mash up for jitters, mental mistakes, and nerves. Our talent is starting to get to a level now that this game isn't as scary as in the past ... W

Georgia - Hopefully Georgia has some guys get arrested and suspended. Michel and Chubb both graduate, and we can only hope it takes the Offense a few (and not a couple) of weeks to figure out their new identity. They're also coming to our house in what will be hyped as the Eastern Division Championship game in week 2 ... Toss Up

Marshall - Went 8-5 this season, but I don't know squat about them. We could be flying high or looking to right the ship back. Either way ... W

@ Vanderbilt - W

@ Kentucky - We have to beat them this year ... right? ... W

Missouri - Benefiting from a second half season that included Idaho, UConn, Vanderbilt and dumpster fires Florida, Tennessee, and Arkansas, and their Offense finally showing up. Missouri could be a team ready to get back into contention in the East. They lost to every team with a pulse, so maybe they're not that ready ... W

Texas A&M - They're that team that no matter how we play it ends up coming down to the 4th quarter and somebody making a play (unless they beat our breaks off in week 1). It's too early to see what every QB transferring out and a new staff is going to look like ... Toss Up

BYE - before entering into the "meat" of the schedule, I think we have ever chance of being 5-2 at worse, and if the stars a line undefeated. I think the realistic is probably closer to the 5-2 or 6-1 mark.

Tennessee - They have a long way to go. I don't think they're where we were 2 years ago, but they're not far from it ... W

@ Ole Miss - We finally catch a West team when they should suck ... we'll probably lose knowing us ... KIDDING ... W

@ Florida - This is a game that Florida ADs/Presidents/BOT/Fans are going to circle every year now. Spurrier was another story, but they sent Muschamp packing, and they won't want him coming in and whooping that tail every year. I don't think they'll get all of their issues figured out in one year ... W

Chattanooga - If the Wofford game showed us anything this year, this team will NOT play down to it's opponent ... W

@ Clemson - This will basically be a home game for Carolina since Clemson fans are the most polite and sweet individuals on the face of this Earth and would NEVER do anything that may make our players feel unwelcomed. I still don't know if we have the ponies, but this could be the first Top 20/Top 15 match up in the rivalry and we're closing that talent gap down in a hurry. I never pick this game, because you just never know what will happen ... Toss Up

9 Regular season wins
3 Toss Ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
BringBackGarcia
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3000
BringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talonsBringBackGarcia has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2018 Prediction Thread - It Can Never Be Too Soon

Cack--you can't predict a toss up. By definition, that's not a prediction.

Coastal Carolina - W. I doubt we score 40+, but will be bland on the field and exciting to tailgate.

Georgia - L. I really want to predict a win, but even with losing Michel and Chubb and hoping that there's regression, I still don't think we have quite enough yet. McClendon's offense is the x-factor, but as of right now, I'm going to predict a L

Marshall - W

@ Vanderbilt - W

@ Kentucky - W. not again.

Missouri - W. Mizzou at home. Muschamp isn't going to be scared of their offense. If I'm going to predict a game on Mizzou offense v. T-Rob's d, we win.

Texas A&M - W. Bold statement, but I'm going with at this point in the season, either the wheels have come off with a new staff or they're riding high and ready to be brought back to earth. Enough film at this point any wrinkles are clear and I'm ready to beat them.

BYE - I'm predicting 6-1. Really has very little to do with our talent necessarily and more to do with how good the schedule sets up. Drop TAMU or Mizzou and 5-2, still not the end of the world. 4-3 or worse, it'll be a bad week to be on the team with Muschamp screaming at you.

Tennessee - W--They're the biggest question mark to me. Pruitt can get something going, and they've recruited well, but just how ingrained is that culture of suck they've been building for a decade? I'm still hoping with the bye-week before this game, we pull it out.

@ Ole Miss - W--they should still suck. This is, however, prime spot for a classic USC letdown game, but not with Muschamp....or really not with how bad Ole Miss should be.

@ Florida - w (lowercase) --I wish I could reserve this prediction until the season starts, but since I've got to put it all on the line...I just don't know. They have a solid roster and with Mullen there, this just seems like a L to me. A lot of the prediction here has to do with how UGA and Florida has done. Florida beats UGA, we lose. Florida is out of the east race, we win.

Chattanooga - W

@ Clemson - L -- asking too much, too soon.

Final prediction: 10-2, possible 9-3 with Florida. Anything less than 9 wins with the schedule, the coaching changes, and the talent we have will be a letdown.
BringBackGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
Gamecocks0197
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Here's what I got. Subject to change of course:

vs. Coastal Carolina: W - First half will be like a typical season opener. Lots of jitters, stupid mistakes, etc. But we'll get it together for a comfortable win over a team that is new to the big boy league.

vs. Georgia: L - Georgia obviously had a phenomenal year, but they are losing a lot. Having that said, they will still be very talented, and Fromm seems like the real deal. Smart will have them contending for the SEC every year. Historically, they don't play well in Columbia, but they still have lots of talent. L for now, but an upset isn't out of the question.

vs. Marshall: W - Wanna know a fun fact? We have an 0-1 all-time record against Marshall. Only meeting was a 24-21 loss in Columbia in 1998. That won't happen this time around. I don't know anything about them, but this feels like a game where we win, but not for style points.

at Vanderbilt: W - Vandy took a step back last year, and I think we will see more of the same from them. They haven't proven anything to think that they are a threat. Plus, we have their number.

at Kentucky: W - Two back to back SEC road games. That can be tough no matter the venues. It hurts to say it but Kentucky has been a thorn in our side since 2014. We just can't seem to beat them. However, we are long overdue for a win against these guys. Kentucky's program trajectory seems to be stuck in neutral, while ours in going up. Muschamp will have these guys ready to play and to get the monkey off our back.

vs. Missouri: W - I like their coach, and I think in a few years they will be a solid team. However, he is one year away. They had a decent 2017, but all of their wins were thanks to a weak schedule. Lock is an underrated QB and could give us trouble, but I think we pull this one out.

vs. Texas A&M: L* - They seem to have our number no matter what happens. Last year was our best chance, but then Kurt Roper happened. This could easily be a win with their coaching change, but I won't predict a W until we can prove that we can beat the Aggies.

vs. Tennessee: W - Once again, UT is in rebuilding mode. Pruitt could be their guy, but he still has a ways to go. Coming off a bye, I think we are well rested to pull of the W against an average Tennessee team. Muschamp still will not have lost to a Tennessee team...

at Ole Miss: W - The ultimate trap game. However, Ole Miss is a mess right now on and off the field. Muschamp is not a coach who will overlook anyone. Potential for a sloppy game, but a win.

at Florida: W* - I have a W here, but it could easily be an L. Gainesville is always tough, but they are going through a coaching change. A hard fought game like it always is with the Gators. A win here would be huge for Muschamp. I really can see this going either way...

vs. Chattanooga: W - Another year, another FCS team before Clemson. Game will be over by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

at Clemson: L - I would LOVE to put this as a W and have an upset, but just don't see it happening right now. They were exposed vs Alabama, but they still have talent. Given that it's in Clemson doesn't help. Some fans will quickly point out a potential 0-3 record vs Clemson, but Muschamp can't help that they have been a Top 5 team ever since he got here.

*I think we beat Florida OR Texas A&M, but not both.*

I'll go with 9-3 (6-2 SEC). Impossible to predict right now, but that would probably mean a Citrus or Peach Bowl birth. Muschamp continues to build this program faster than expected.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:20 PM   #4
Senior Rooster
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 27500
Senior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot materialSenior Rooster is USC mascot material

I agree with CACK!! Marshall was 7-5 beat (ColaSt 7-6) to get to 8-5. It was their best win of the year. Should be a W.

Last edited by Senior Rooster; 01-10-2018 at 07:32 PM..
Senior Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:44 AM   #5
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackGarcia View Post
Cack--you can't predict a toss up. By definition, that's not a prediction.

Coastal Carolina - W. I doubt we score 40+, but will be bland on the field and exciting to tailgate.

Georgia - L. I really want to predict a win, but even with losing Michel and Chubb and hoping that there's regression, I still don't think we have quite enough yet. McClendon's offense is the x-factor, but as of right now, I'm going to predict a L

Marshall - W

@ Vanderbilt - W

@ Kentucky - W. not again.

Missouri - W. Mizzou at home. Muschamp isn't going to be scared of their offense. If I'm going to predict a game on Mizzou offense v. T-Rob's d, we win.

Texas A&M - W. Bold statement, but I'm going with at this point in the season, either the wheels have come off with a new staff or they're riding high and ready to be brought back to earth. Enough film at this point any wrinkles are clear and I'm ready to beat them.

BYE - I'm predicting 6-1. Really has very little to do with our talent necessarily and more to do with how good the schedule sets up. Drop TAMU or Mizzou and 5-2, still not the end of the world. 4-3 or worse, it'll be a bad week to be on the team with Muschamp screaming at you.

Tennessee - W--They're the biggest question mark to me. Pruitt can get something going, and they've recruited well, but just how ingrained is that culture of suck they've been building for a decade? I'm still hoping with the bye-week before this game, we pull it out.

@ Ole Miss - W--they should still suck. This is, however, prime spot for a classic USC letdown game, but not with Muschamp....or really not with how bad Ole Miss should be.

@ Florida - w (lowercase) --I wish I could reserve this prediction until the season starts, but since I've got to put it all on the line...I just don't know. They have a solid roster and with Mullen there, this just seems like a L to me. A lot of the prediction here has to do with how UGA and Florida has done. Florida beats UGA, we lose. Florida is out of the east race, we win.

Chattanooga - W

@ Clemson - L -- asking too much, too soon.

Final prediction: 10-2, possible 9-3 with Florida. Anything less than 9 wins with the schedule, the coaching changes, and the talent we have will be a letdown.
This

10-2
I don’t get the love for A&M with like others do
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:05 AM   #6
johnnyb
Banneded

Male

CockyCash: 1382674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Gonna say 11-1, we beat A&M and split the other two toss ups (UGA and Clemson)

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #7
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

Worst case: 8-4, Best case: 10-2
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:01 AM   #8
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1593234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I don't know enough about the drop/adds from a lot of teams, but A&M, UF, and UT all have new coaches. I guess you can count Ole Miss with a new coach too, sorta kinda...and when that happens I don't think those games are easy picks.

At this point, I'll say 8 (why not) wins regular season.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #9
Johnny Cockyc@sh
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Johnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his combJohnny Cockyc@sh is developing his comb

There's no legitimate reason we should not have 10 wins regular season. In reality, I'm sticking with 8-5 overall season. I went this way last season and got surprised.
Johnny Cockyc@sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:53 PM   #10
Y Formation
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11840
Y Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot materialY Formation is USC mascot material

12-0 (15-0)
Y Formation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:39 PM   #11
TaySC
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Probable Wins:

Coastal Carolina

Marshall

@ Vanderbilt

Missouri

Tennessee

Chattanooga

Likely Losses:

Georgia

@ Clemson

Toss-Ups:

@ Ole Miss

@ Florida

Texas A&M

@Kentucky

The way I see it, there are 6 wins that we should definitely get, although Missouri always depends upon their offense and Locke is going to be a Senior, but I'm calling those 6 wins.

UGA and @ Clemson are more than likely losses unless we take a pretty big step forward and they take a step backwards as well. We are a year or two away from competing or at least beating these teams IMO.

That leaves 4 teams in the toss-up category for me. Sorry guys, but no matter how good or bad we think A&M or KY will be, until we can actually win on the field, neither of these is an automatic W preseason.

I'm also not nearly as big of a Mullen fan and don't think he will do as well longterm as most people do, but Florida does have some talent and in the Swamp an even competent coach can make them a handful.

Ole Miss I think we can beat, but we haven't played them in awhile and there are just so many unknowns that with the game on the road it is hard to count that as an automatic W as well.

I say we go 2-2 in our toss-up games and finish the regular season at 8-4 again. While that won't likely excite some of our fanbase, it will establish some consistency and we will continue to improve on the recruiting trail IMO.

Our best seasons are still ahead of us and 2018 will be successful, but still not an SEC Championship kind of season.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #12
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Could we have a year where we lose to UGA, but make it to the SEC championship? How poetic would that be?
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #13
Gamecocks0197
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 5500
Gamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot materialGamecocks0197 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
Probable Wins:

Coastal Carolina

Marshall

@ Vanderbilt

Missouri

Tennessee

Chattanooga

Likely Losses:

Georgia

@ Clemson

Toss-Ups:

@ Ole Miss

@ Florida

Texas A&M

@Kentucky

The way I see it, there are 6 wins that we should definitely get, although Missouri always depends upon their offense and Locke is going to be a Senior, but I'm calling those 6 wins.

UGA and @ Clemson are more than likely losses unless we take a pretty big step forward and they take a step backwards as well. We are a year or two away from competing or at least beating these teams IMO.

That leaves 4 teams in the toss-up category for me. Sorry guys, but no matter how good or bad we think A&M or KY will be, until we can actually win on the field, neither of these is an automatic W preseason.

I'm also not nearly as big of a Mullen fan and don't think he will do as well longterm as most people do, but Florida does have some talent and in the Swamp an even competent coach can make them a handful.

Ole Miss I think we can beat, but we haven't played them in awhile and there are just so many unknowns that with the game on the road it is hard to count that as an automatic W as well.

I say we go 2-2 in our toss-up games and finish the regular season at 8-4 again. While that won't likely excite some of our fanbase, it will establish some consistency and we will continue to improve on the recruiting trail IMO.

Our best seasons are still ahead of us and 2018 will be successful, but still not an SEC Championship kind of season.
Ole Miss has a long road ahead of them - on and off the field. Not saying it'll be an easy win, but we should be able to take care of them. The NCAA will be hanging over that program for a while, and lots of their players have opted to leave because of that.

I think this is finally the year we get over the UK hump. I know I said that last year, but we are more talented this time around. Even when we were beating UK, it was always a close one, so I expect that this year.

A&M and UF are hard to predict right now, so I think we split those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Could we have a year where we lose to UGA, but make it to the SEC championship? How poetic would that be?
They would have to lose at least one more game. They would have a tie breaker.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:58 PM   #14
TaySC
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
TaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot materialTaySC is USC mascot material

Quote:
With Auburn and @ LSU their west opponents, it is actually possible.
TaySC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:03 PM   #15
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaySC View Post
With Auburn and @ LSU their west opponents, it is actually possible.
That’s kind of my point. It would be great payback for 2011-12
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:05 PM   #16
Cockygaming
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 850600
Cockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudly

Quote:
Well during our 11 win seasons we beat UGA but lost 2 others and they got to go so yes it’s possible.

As for my prediction.

Coastal Carolina - W

Georgia - I don't know why, but I feel a win here...could just be gas.... W

Marshall - W

@ Vanderbilt - W

@ Kentucky - W

Missouri - Missouri will probably set SEC records for points scored on joe nobody and then light us up to the tune of 14 points. W

Texas A&M - Thinking this is finally the year we get a W against them

BYE - L

Tennessee - W

@ Ole Miss - Something about this game makes me uneasy, probably the fact that it's on the road L (hope I am wrong here)

@ Florida - I think we rebound in the swamp against a gators team that isn't quite back yet. W

Chattanooga - W

@ Clemson - Really depends on our OLine. If we see a lot of improvement I could see us pulling out a win, but for now I am gonna say L.

10-3 cuz bye is a dirty rotten cheater and never loses.

Also, I think we end 11-2 (taking out the bye joke) with a W in the bowl game for our 4th ever 11 win season!

Last edited by Cockygaming; 01-14-2018 at 01:17 AM..
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:03 PM   #17
BeatBamaTwice
Yes we can!!!

Male

CockyCash: 179999999908810384
BeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot materialBeatBamaTwice is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
9 Regular season wins
3 Toss Ups
"Oh ye of little faith!"
Old 01-15-2018, 10:33 AM   #18
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice View Post
"Oh ye of little faith!"
I actually think my 9 wins with 3 toss ups is about as sunshine pumper as you can be. Georgia and Clemson will again be the toughest games we play and we haven't beaten either of them in far too long, so you can't justify either of those as a W. Then that just puts 1 more game on the schedule as not a for-sure victory ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:03 AM   #19
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13662
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
I actually think my 9 wins with 3 toss ups is about as sunshine pumper as you can be. Georgia and Clemson will again be the toughest games we play and we haven't beaten either of them in far too long, so you can't justify either of those as a W. Then that just puts 1 more game on the schedule as not a for-sure victory ...
I agree with Cack.

I actually think the schedule is easier than last year, and that was not exactly a killer with some coaches falling on their swords. Now we have new coaches at UT, UF, TAMU. Three of our tougher opponents - TAMU, UGA, /UT - are at home. UGA loses a lot from last year's team and will be young, the set up is there for an upset.

Clemson is a killer - they are keeping a lot of their draft-eligible guys and it is at their place. But they have been remarkably injury-free and Wilkins is likely to leave, plus they could have some overdue controversy after Bryant's showing in the playoffs.

Their Offense is not set up to for a pro-style QB and their suspect O Line loses three starters, and we are loaded with young pass rushers. So maybe we can give a welcome to Trevor Lawrence if he is thrown out there as a Freshman.
Ace Dilcock is offline   Reply With Quote