CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Order 66
markp_vip
Spur's Addiction
ConwayGamecock
Three and Out
cocky0
Wisercock
USCBASEBALL1
ShutTheSuccop
Cockypantherfan
How Good Can Frank's Team
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
107.5 is terrible
2019 - Jaydon Hill - Flor
Should Jake Bentley go pr
2019 Commitment - Zacch P
AAF v. XFL
Pig Head
Rumor Mill: Bobby Bentley
The "Cult of Frank&q

Old 11-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material
Default Question about student tickets from TicketReturn

I'm no longer a student because I just graduated in August (bummer, right?). Anyways, I still work on campus and have a lot of connections with friends and such who are still students. I know a guy who is willing to request a ticket on the site and sell it to me (probably just double the price and pay him around $110 or so). This would be a great deal for me considering they are probably going for around $300 by now.

My question is, will these tickets have the student's name on them like the home games or will they just be the actual tickets you'd get if you were just buying them online? I don't want to spend $110 and drive to Atlanta only to not be able to get in the game because I don't match up with the student's name.
SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
mstone897
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
mstone897 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Question about student tickets from TicketReturn

Im an ex-student as well. Just reading over the daily gamecock twitter - it states that they will make sure re-selling is near impossible. Also USC is only giving the students 1500 tickets so chances of people getting them are slim. If it goes by loyalty points, that means seniors who have gone to all games early this year. Bc you get the extra points for going in an hour early. So that seems like an unreliable choice. This ticket searching has taken over my life...
mstone897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

CockyCash: 5500
davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I've gone to every home game 2 hours early. So I've been lucky enough to get 17 loyalty points this year in football....so I'm praying that that is enough to get me a ticket.

I think this game should be done strictly on loyalty points and not on a lottery...but oh well.
davidmc467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

SECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot materialSECgamecock453 is USC mascot material

How can re-selling them be impossible? If my co-worker gets one.. I was just going to buy it from him. I heard they were the real tickets so how would they even know?
Old 11-15-2010, 10:43 PM   #5
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

davidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot materialdavidmc467 is USC mascot material

I think what they are doing is giving out receipt-vouchers and then you redeem your ticket at the Georgia Dome.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #6
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Damnit this sucks! If I were still in class I would have gone to every home game just like I did for the past 4 seasons. I would have easily gotten a ticket. This really sucks.. The guy I asked to get the ticket for me is a Senior but he didn't go to most of the games this year so he probably has no chance anyway. Then with what I'm hearing about not being able to buy them off of students I have no chance.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:48 PM   #7
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

I've been telling the guy what I've been reading here and he just asked me if he should even bother requesting one.. I feel like if I say no my dreams are going to be crushed but then again I don't want him winning one and ending up being stuck with it and I can't buy it from him.

If you win one are you committed to buying it?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #8
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Yes, the policy is if you win a ticket (highly unlikely because there are only 1500) you go to the box office and pick up your ticket in exchange for 55 dollars cash or debit. You have to pick it up either Thursday or Friday from 9-4. They did not say what happens if you get one and do not pay for it.

At the box office you get a voucher, which you take to Will Call at the Georgia Dome.

I'm a sophomore who has attended every home game this year and last year early, and almost all home basketball games last year. Everyone cross your fingers for me, even though it probably won't happen =/
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:03 PM   #9
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Wait so my coworker could technically win a ticket and go pay for it then just give it to me. How is that "near impossible"? What is that box office nonsense? If you have a ticket, you have a ticket right? Are they really trying to prove if you're a student at the GA Dome?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Btw good luck to you! You totally deserve a ticket. I feel like I do after paying tuition for 4 years but I just graduated at the wrong time. Ah well.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
davidmc467
Little Engine That Could

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Yes, the policy is if you win a ticket (highly unlikely because there are only 1500) you go to the box office and pick up your ticket in exchange for 55 dollars cash or debit. You have to pick it up either Thursday or Friday from 9-4. They did not say what happens if you get one and do not pay for it.

At the box office you get a voucher, which you take to Will Call at the Georgia Dome.

I'm a sophomore who has attended every home game this year and last year early, and almost all home basketball games last year. Everyone cross your fingers for me, even though it probably won't happen =/
Well only 10% of your points from last academic year roll over to this year, so pretty much only your football games will count for this ticket. It's unfortunate....but that's why I think this should be strictly done on loyalty points...not lottery.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #12
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

If they are trying to prove if people are students at the Dome then I'm just going to call off this whole operation.

FML.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #13
usc186
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc186 has earned his spursusc186 has earned his spursusc186 has earned his spursusc186 has earned his spursusc186 has earned his spursusc186 has earned his spurs
Send a message via Yahoo to usc186

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
If they are trying to prove if people are students at the Dome then I'm just going to call off this whole operation.

FML.
I'm sure they will have a "will call" booth set-up at the Georgia Dome where you take your receipt and your ID and they give you your ticket. Just like when you leave a regular ticket at will call, you have to show your drivers license.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #14
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc467 View Post
Well only 10% of your points from last academic year roll over to this year, so pretty much only your football games will count for this ticket. It's unfortunate....but that's why I think this should be strictly done on loyalty points...not lottery.
Yeah, I only rolled over 2 points from last year. Kind of lame. I wish it would show you an actual number figure on ticketreturn. They have your history, but it's not even really right. EVERYONE who went to the Jacksonville St. bball game last year has -2 for that game, and this years football season is mixed in in the middle of my last year info. It also doesn't show the number I rolled over or number I get for my academic year. Ugh.

Also, ticketreturn is pulling an epic fail right now. I can't even log on.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 AM   #15
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

PLUS I wish they could take into account that I am from 4 miles away from campus and have been attending games since I was inside my mothers womb. hahaha. BUT, of course, they can't. I deserve one of these tickets but probably won't get one. =/ bleeehh
Old 11-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #16
gococks2014
Banned

Male

gococks2014 has feathers coming ingococks2014 has feathers coming in

im sure there are over 1500 USC students who truly deserve one but they wont get one. it sucks. and they better not let anyone whos had their ticket privileges taken away get one.
gococks2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #17
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudlyUnknit is crowing loudly

I am a senior this year and i have gone to every home since I was a freshman. Yet, this week I got an email saying that I was ineligible because its said I missed the Arkansas game. So I went straight to the ticket office today and proved to them that I went (even though I shouldnt have had to bc it was obviously their mistake). Yet, they said my loyalty points wouldnt count? WTF?! This system is so stupid. If it keeps from going to the game I will be so mad. Let the ppl who really want to go go...Like the old way of camping out and earning your ticket....hate usc ticket policy
Old 11-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #18
jdixonfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4950375
jdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to jdixonfan

Just requested my ticket. I work at the football stadium and have a pass that gets me pretty much anywhere so I haven't requested tickets, so even though I've been to every home game over the last three years except for Ole Miss because I was at a funeral I still might not get tickets and I'll be PISSED. I've also been to every home basketball during that time that wasn't over Winter Break.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:41 AM   #19
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

Was finally able to log on and request one. I wish they would let me write an essay and plead my case. hahaha
Old 11-16-2010, 01:48 AM   #20
jdixonfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4950375
jdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot materialjdixonfan is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to jdixonfan

Just got an email saying I'd been awarded a ticket to the Radford basketball game. It didn't say what I was being awarded a ticket to until halfway through the email. Don't play with my emotions like that Ticket Return.