CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
Three and Out
rt3891
carolina_corpsman
GregoryHouse
Captain9Dragons
Spur's Addiction
TastyLicks
SanAntonioCock
Great Article on Coa (1096)
The Open (343)
For the Drag Racing (183)
Great College Footba (165)
Homemade Hot Sauce
2019 - Jammie Robinson
We Can Beat Them
2019 Commitment - Jahkeem
The Open
TD to Shi
2019 Warm / Warmer / Favo
Jovaughn Gwyn is strong
why no mention of Garcia
Selling 4 Tickets for Eve

Old 05-27-2018, 07:49 PM   #341
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 2001
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Zacch Pickens - Commitment

Lot's of WIN in this thread.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:00 PM   #342
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 850600
Cockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Well they might be cashing big checks anyway.....
Checks are traceable. At best they are getting cash. (Meant to be a joke)
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:04 PM   #343
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetSwarm1990 View Post
Well they might be cashing big checks anyway.....
You know they are, otherwise, they’d be at otas now.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:01 PM   #344
rt3891
ISLAND COCK

Male

CockyCash: 3000
rt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his combrt3891 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
Checks are traceable. At best they are getting cash. (Meant to be a joke)
Not a joke, getting something. Otherwise, they’d be pro and at OTA’s.
rt3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:35 AM   #345
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 - Zacch Pickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
Hope so. The big thing to me is the early commit. Now with early commits from Hilinski and Pickens, we have two nationally relevant players on each side of the ball who can now help the staff by recruiting other guys.

To me, that's one thing that's helped Clemson out....we've had high profile guys commit late in the process, keeping them from working other players...Clemson has had high profile guys commit early. Great players want to play with other great players, and having guys interact on social media and in showcase events is huge.
Great point.

Players like to play with elite players. Hilinski will hopefully bring in some top WRs in the next two cycles....same with Pickens....
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:39 AM   #346
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchcock View Post
I must've missed it... what happened?
Something where a Clemson recruiting guy quoted Zacch on something he never said. Think there was more to it though.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:52 AM   #347
Mechanical Cock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
Mechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot materialMechanical Cock is USC mascot material

I have a hard time believing that realistic amounts of $$ persuades a player to give up being a multi millionaire and also being one season further from the big contract.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:08 PM   #348
eatlighting
1st Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
I have a hard time believing that realistic amounts of $$ persuades a player to give up being a multi millionaire and also being one season further from the big contract.
Edit: Decided to change my post out of respect for Zacch who is a quality kid, and we are truly getting an excellent athlete and person.

I won't bother to even try to explain that Clemson crowd. Just consider that it is probably less believable that they do it for the heck of it.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:12 PM   #349
Cockygaming
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 850600
Cockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPitCockygaming rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatlighting View Post
Money, access to vehicles, treated like a king everywhere you go, college women throwing themselves at you, the chance at further glory, the fact that the big money will still be there in a year most likely, your job will basically be to have fun with your friends and play football for a year, and your coach, who has been working on selling you the things I've listed above for months and months, is really good at selling things. It might be hard to believe, but is it easier to believe that these guys do it because they are just really swell fellows who love playing college football for a tiny little stipend, a meal plan, and because they enjoy not being millionaires?

Which seems more unrealistic? If you think about it, I think you'll have your answer.
The money will be there if they don't end up with a career ending injury, or perhaps just an injury could drop them from first round to being a later draft pick. Nonetheless, if I were projected as a first rounder, I'd have got drafted and came back for my senior year after I finished in the NFL.

All that being said, this thread is about Pickens, not clemmy players.
Cockygaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 12:14 PM   #350
eatlighting
1st Team All-SEC

Male

eatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot materialeatlighting is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
The money will be there if they don't end up with a career ending injury, or perhaps just an injury could drop them from first round to being a later draft pick. Nonetheless, if I were projected as a first rounder, I'd have got drafted and came back for my senior year after I finished in the NFL.

All that being said, this thread is about Pickens, not clemmy players.
Yep. That's why I changed my post completely, but you beat me to it. No need to even mention them in such a great thread about an outstanding kid. Feel free to cut my post as well if you'd like. It contributes nothing to the convo about Zacch.
eatlighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 02:17 PM   #351
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 899700
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2019 Commitment - Zacch Pickens

This is such a fantastic pickup for us. CWM and staff are delivering. We just need to give them time. Think about it, we went from 3-8, to a bowl game the first year, to a 9-4 season last year. He is getting shit done, period, and I love the staff he has put together. Good things are coming again.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:31 PM   #352
92Pony
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 1674744
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPhilson View Post
This is such a fantastic pickup for us. CWM and staff are delivering. We just need to give them time. Think about it, we went from 3-8, to a bowl game the first year, to a 9-4 season last year. He is getting shit done, period, and I love the staff he has put together. Good things are coming again.
Yep! Yep!

Just gotta hold this staff together!!!
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:53 PM   #353
elcid99
cant kill da rooster

Male

CockyCash: 196405
elcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot materialelcid99 is USC mascot material

Great kid!
Old 05-31-2018, 11:23 AM   #354
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 899700
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

This was really a massive pick up for us. Reminds me of a momentum swing when Gilmore signed with us back in the day. Dominoes started falling after that day. I think with Pickens committing, and we already had Hillinski, the chips will start falling our way, hopefully the blue ones.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:51 PM   #355
толстый Cock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
толстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talonsтолстый Cock has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanical Cock View Post
It's enough to definitely make them think about it anyway.

толстый Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:53 PM   #356
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 1600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

Ironfan is online now   Reply With Quote