CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Stock Market Forum

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
Three and Out
LBC
Captain9Dragons
SanAntonioCock
Blitzkrieg
sandstorm2001
EAtMoRTaYtErz
AR1
spurrierismyhomeboy
Don't Sleep: Most Un (756)
29 year old woman fo (439)
Where to find the be (368)
Gary DeCarlo Dead (272)
SEC Media Days: 10-1 (194)
Ask Your Questions (173)
Sources: Kevin O'Sul (75)
Official Baseball Coachin
We Don't Use Star Ratings
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Ask Your Questions
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 - Tyquan Johnson
2018 Commitment - Wyatt C
SEC Media Days: 10-13 Jul
Rumor: Kevin O' Sullivan
The Road to the Final Fou

Old 11-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
GamecockMastermind
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 270
GamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot material
Default Our Brand as a University...

So after talking it over with a few good friends, I have come to the conclusion, that Carolina is no longer a logo, or jersey, but it is becoming a brand.

My question to you is, how can we expand the fan base, while at the same time, maintaining our brand and its worth?

With 2 Back to Back National baseball Titles, and one SEC EAST, along with the beat down on National TV of Clemson for the 3rd year in a row.. from a money standpoint, this would be a great time to expand the brand and make money for university...

Any Thoughts?
GamecockMastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
GamecockMastermind
Banned

Male

GamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot materialGamecockMastermind is USC mascot material
Default Re: Our Brand as a University...

NO thoughts? shit i thought this was the stock market forum
Old 11-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
USCgamecocks
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1368
USCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPitUSCgamecocks rules the CockPit

I'll say this coming from the PA area... if I say Carolina at least 75% plus think UNC.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMastermind View Post
So after talking it over with a few good friends, I have come to the conclusion, that Carolina is no longer a logo, or jersey, but it is becoming a brand.

My question to you is, how can we expand the fan base, while at the same time, maintaining our brand and its worth?

With 2 Back to Back National baseball Titles, and one SEC EAST, along with the beat down on National TV of Clemson for the 3rd year in a row.. from a money standpoint, this would be a great time to expand the brand and make money for university...

Any Thoughts?

Real Housewives of Gamecock Nation

Get the Teutles to create a Cocky Bike

Myrtle Beach Shore

Cockaboose Hunters International

OR...

Continue to keep the best of South Carolina in South Carolina but pull even more away from Clemson...Win some football titles (SEC East, SEC, National Championships) and do it consistently for years...continue to be on national tv every week like we have been for the past 7 years...stay ranked in the top 15...stick with a uniform template...improve the area around the university and stadium (I know the stadium's surrounding area will be fantastic next year)...travel west for OOC games (I am talking middle America but also far west = texas, arizona, california) we might lose some of those games but they won't count against us for the SEC chase (except for Texas A&M)...People west of the Mississippi will start to become aware of the Gamecocks...continue to send stars to the NFL to make big plays...make youtube videos featuring hot carolina girls in gamecock yoga pants and tight tank-top (couldn't hurt right? Just do it for me)...get more South Carolina-affiliated personalities talking about the Gamecocks on national sports programs...do more interviews and "inside-the-program" type stuff with ESPN ('cause you got to go through them)...get on the cover of Sport Illustrated (for good things)...avoid scandals...avoid cheating...

OR

...just win...

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #5
GamecockMastermind
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post
I'll say this coming from the PA area... if I say Carolina at least 75% plus think UNC.
Thats mighty funny, when 75% of your states best players sign with South Carolina..

look at it from a money making standpoint.. jesus its the point of the thread

Last edited by GamecockMastermind; 11-29-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Old 11-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #6
GamecockMastermind
Banned

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Real Housewives of Gamecock Nation

Get the Teutles to create a Cocky Bike

Myrtle Beach Shore

Cockaboose Hunters International

OR...

Continue to keep the best of South Carolina in South Carolina but pull even more away from Clemson...Win some football titles (SEC East, SEC, National Championships) and do it consistently for years...continue to be on national tv every week like we have been for the past 7 years...stay ranked in the top 15...stick with a uniform template...improve the area around the university and stadium (I know the stadium's surrounding area will be fantastic next year)...travel west for OOC games (I am talking middle America but also far west = texas, arizona, california) we might lose some of those games but they won't count against us for the SEC chase (except for Texas A&M)...People west of the Mississippi will start to become aware of the Gamecocks...continue to send stars to the NFL to make big plays...make youtube videos featuring hot carolina girls in gamecock yoga pants and tight tank-top (couldn't hurt right? Just do it for me)...get more South Carolina-affiliated personalities talking about the Gamecocks on national sports programs...do more interviews and "inside-the-program" type stuff with ESPN ('cause you got to go through them)...get on the cover of Sport Illustrated (for good things)...avoid scandals...avoid cheating...

OR

...just win...
see.. he gets the point haha
Old 11-29-2011, 07:41 PM   #7
GamecockMastermind
Banned

Male

apparently no one visits this forum
Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
I Bleed Garnet
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 524485398
I Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot materialI Bleed Garnet is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCgamecocks View Post
Ya.

I travel outside of our state (SC) and say USC and they think Trojans. I say Carolina they first ask North.

College Baseball isn't the same national brand that Football and Basketball are, and those 2 schools have more success in those 2 sports.

I do believe scheduling OOC games outside of the SE would be a step in the right Direction though, or at least try and get in some of these Kick Off Classics, like the Chick-Fil-A and Cowboy Classic.

Another would be a well known hire after SOS retires. He's a big name in college football, sure we may not get someone bigger for our next coach, but a large name in the CFB world would help.

But it takes a long time, don't expect in 4 or 5 years to be a well known nationally or top 10 Football program. We have to keep up football success for a while, and can't have years where we fall off and win 5 games. Look at Oregon it's took them close to 20 years be a nationally known football program. And that was with the Help of Phil Knight.
I Bleed Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #9
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

nm

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #10
DrPhilTheThrill
First Generation Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 200
DrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudlyDrPhilTheThrill is crowing loudly

Yea, the problem is that the "Carolina" logo is definitely one most affiliated with UNC. On the brightside, we've got "Gamecocks" on lock haha.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #11
Gamecock303
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 95200
Gamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot materialGamecock303 is USC mascot material

the best way (in my opinion) to go about building our brand as a University is to go about it two ways:

1. Academically: basically boils down to money, money for research, money to attract the top scholars, and money to improve campus facilities.

2. Athletically: we are unfortunate that our most successful sport isn't one that gets a lot of media attention (although it does recieve a lot more attention now than it did 10 years ago). Improving our teams in the more high profile sports (and even those that get very little media attention) will help. Football is on the way, basketball has been an embarrasment but hopefully with Martin that will change.

Quote:
I do believe scheduling OOC games outside of the SE would be a step in the right Direction though, or at least try and get in some of these Kick Off Classics, like the Chick-Fil-A and Cowboy Classic.
the games with Wofford, SC State, Furman, etc need to go and need to be replaced by games that can garner national attention, even if it means losing some money in the short term (from having a home game), the national attention will likely make up for it in the long term (assuming the football program continues to improve).

basketball needs to follow the same script (especially once Martin gets things rolling) fewer games with Tenneessee State and Elon and maybe some games with some big conference schools
Gamecock303 is offline   Reply With Quote