CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Stock Market Forum

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
2k15
RGHoskins
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
SanAntonioCock
TastyLicks
uscjeremynca
Spur's Addiction
2000grad
Cack's Toast of the (843)
Wildcat? (778)
MJ Webb (768)
Charges revealed for (768)
Freeeze: What I did (767)
Should we go hurry-u (654)
College Station? (609)
Arkansas Kickoff Tim (504)
2018 - Mario Dungey (427)
Ryan Succop on NFL r (416)
Jake Bentley analysis
People forget that...
Our chances against aTm
Freeeze: What I did was w
Interesting David William
Coach Staley's big weeken
W-B Stadium Parking
2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat
Champions of life
Muschamp Presser question

Old 09-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #1
CockADoodalDoom
Die Hard Gamecock

Male

Best Video: Given for creating the best video - Given for: Winning the 1st video challenge 
CockyCash: 200
CockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot materialCockADoodalDoom is USC mascot material
Default So what stocks are you liking right now?

I've made pretty good money on T, RDS.A, and BP over the last 3 months. Just wanted to see what everyone else was thinking.

doom
CockADoodalDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material
Default Re: So what stocks are you liking right now?

I have done a bot of reallocation over the last couple of months. Currently I am long in AFL BAC BTU CHK CSCO CSCO DTV DUK ESRX FLR GE HIG IBM INTC JNJ LH LOW MOS NUE ORCL PCAR PCP PEP PGN SCG T TGT XOM BP, MDU, CPWM, VLO, a few mutuals and I have changed up some bonds too.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
CackDiesel
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 440
CackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot materialCackDiesel is USC mascot material

ESPH
CackDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
jaytda4th
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
jaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPit

I invested in Vodafone a couple months ago, and it has yielded me a ROI of almost 25% in 4 months.

I am a little worried though, it's current ratio is negative and that seems a bit odd for a company that should theoretically have a lot of cash on hand. Vodafone is the principal shareholder in Verizon Wireless, and they do list that investment as a long term asset even though they could readily liquidate some of their assets.

Anyways, for the most part i believe this is a stock that is likely still on the increase as the Euro strengthens and as the pound stay relatively strong.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #5
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 98738147
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Romarco Minerals, Inc (RTRAF) - I have held it for 6 months now and have seen 73.13% gain...

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
jaytda4th
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

jaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPitjaytda4th rules the CockPit

What's does RTRAF have in its favor that is making its stock price rise so incredibly?
Old 09-23-2010, 09:32 PM   #7
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

They own SC's Haile gold mine. http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~sc...legoldmine.htm

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 11-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #8
Sigepcougar
Banned

Male

Sigepcougar has earned his spursSigepcougar has earned his spursSigepcougar has earned his spursSigepcougar has earned his spursSigepcougar has earned his spursSigepcougar has earned his spurs

I've been big on Vodafone for awhille but I have really gained a nice return lately on B&G Foods (BGS). Between those two and Altria things are looking nice lately.
Sigepcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #9
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

DTV has performed the best of my buys this year. It is up 73%.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 02-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
LegalCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 1000
LegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot materialLegalCock is USC mascot material

Went long on TTWO heavy at $10. Think it has room to continue to run, but I'm not putting more money to work in it. I like VOD too, and AT&T but they haven't done jack. No $$$ in them currently. VOD, i like the currency diversification. AT&T I think iphone leaving is overblown. Like GLW, but I missed it, it's already run for now. If it goes below $20 again I'm in it.
LegalCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:51 AM   #11
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

I'm finally getting back into stocks again after a long dry spell. Anyways here's one that looks promising:

Li-Ion Motors LMCO

Li-ion Motors INIZIO: all-electric supercar hitting 170 mph next year, all yours for $139k
Quote:
Using the company's own lithium-ion battery technology and management system, the car can purportedly cruise for up to 250 miles on electricity alone, and it can hit a top speed of 170 miles per hour without breaking a sweat. Naturally, you won't (legally) fit more than two humans into this thing at once, but those two individuals will enjoy adjustable, leather / suede Recaro seating with heating and cooling features, an inbuilt 12-inch subwoofer, digital surround sound system, integrated navigation system, DVD player and rotational doors that raise on a 90-degree angle. Oh, and they'll probably drool a little after racing from zero to sixty in 3.4 face-numbing seconds. The company also adds that it emits no carbon emissions, can be recharged over 2,500 times and can go from drained to rejuvenated after just eight hours on the plug.
Li-ion Motors Corp. Reassures Customers That It Will Continue Producing Gas to Electric Conversion Vehicles

Quote:
MOORESVILLE, NC--(Marketwire - February 14, 2011) - With the great acclaim being generated by its original design cars, Li-ion Motors (OTCBB: LMCO) (FRANKFURT: LL9L) wants to reassure existing and future customers that the company will continue its successful and popular conversion business.
Li-ion Motors has been converting gasoline powered vehicles -- cars, trucks, ATV's, motorbikes -- to 100% electric for eight years.
"I can't say enough about this vehicle," says a conversion owner from Pensacola, Florida. "So far it has really exceeded my expectations. The best thing though, is knowing that I am free of the gas pump and by being free of that pump, I have achieved a small victory in a transportation system that really needs change."
"With all of the positive publicity about our victory in the Progressive Insurance Automotive X Prize with the WAVE II (http://www.li-ionmotors.com/wave), and excitement generated by the Inizio (http://www.li-ionmotors.com/inizio/) supercar and the Wave in the Los Angeles, SEMA, Detroit and Washington auto shows, it came to our attention that people were concerned about Li-ion moving to only our original designs," says Li-ion Motors CEO Stacey Fling.
"In fact, our conversion business will only grow as we field more requests from and aggressively pursue more opportunities to deliver leading edge electric transportation to individual consumers as well as business and government agency clients."
I bought 50 shares yesterday at $0.95 per share.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 AM   #12
WayzUp
Gamecock

Male

CockyCash: 702500
WayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot materialWayzUp is USC mascot material

GOLD
Old 02-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #13
gamecockphan
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 102200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Family Dollar.

got it low years ago. shot up $10 yesterday. Sell, sell, sell.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #14
Gamecock Rob
Household Name

Male

Gamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot materialGamecock Rob is USC mascot material

Apple, bought it like 2 weeks ago and its up $18 since then.
Gamecock Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
khosk
Administrator

Male

CockyCash: 110599
khosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot materialkhosk is USC mascot material

DBC, it's a commodities index. Economy is starting to get smoking hot and there is a lot of money out there which will drive inflation before the Fed can get it off the table.
khosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

McMoran Exploration Co.

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
Old 02-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #17
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytda4th View Post
What's does RTRAF have in its favor that is making its stock price rise so incredibly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post
yep but don't expect much movement right now, it may be valued as high as you can expect for this year.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:09 PM   #18
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

I have made no changes in my portfolio recently.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

Old 03-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #19
b381l
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000365601
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

A few new stocks that I like now are:
TGB.......Canadian copper mines.....owned over 5 years
BEXP.......non off-shore oil/gas driller.......owned 2 months
ICO and WLT........coal mines.......owned 2 months
NAK......gold mines.....owned 1 month

Very volatile

I'm not a trader and don't buy anything I don't expect to own for at least 6 months.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #20
jwl3gg
Banned

Male

jwl3gg is sharpening his clawsjwl3gg is sharpening his clawsjwl3gg is sharpening his clawsjwl3gg is sharpening his clawsjwl3gg is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock Rob View Post
Apple, bought it like 2 weeks ago and its up $18 since then.
God, I love Apple, bought a couple thousand shares waaay back when it was at 75. Should of sold last month.

Was into the oil/mining industries, until the decided to walk off a cliff face, for the most part.
jwl3gg is offline   Reply With Quote