CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler > Stock Market Forum

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
Three and Out
Spur's Addiction
The Yancey
RGHoskins
SanAntonioCock
gotrice?
smoovecock
TastyLicks
Best 4:53 of your da (723)
Dan Mullen hires Hou (599)
Crazy ending to Minn (395)
NFL: RAVENS @ STEELE (137)
Bowls (130)
NFL: EAGLES @ RAMS S (110)
NFL: VIKINGS @ PANTH (105)
2018 NCAA Tournament Brac
**USC Women vs. Alabama S
2018 - KJ Henry
2018 - Channing Tindall
2018 Commitment - Jesus G
2018 - Jarrett Jackson -
Martin on the fans
Question regarding new OC
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
COD: WWII

Old 09-16-2015, 01:05 PM   #21
Gamerooster
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 9000
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Penny Stocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyLicks View Post
but options aren't available to everyone right? like don't you have to be offered the exclusive opportunity to buy options from the company or from large shareholders?

like options wouldn't be available to someone like me who doesn't know anyone. or am I wrong? thanks
You just need a brokerage account which you can do online. Many have minimum balances to trade options. Nearly all real stocks trade options on the CBOE, http://www.cboe.com/. For instance, Apple stock trades at $116 a share. An October 120 strike call option is about $2. Here's the symbol, AAPL151016C00120000. If the price of Apple stock goes up before October 16 you can make money. If it were to go to 125 then you can make $700-800 on a $200 investment. If you think it will go down you buy a put option.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:18 AM   #22
cockattorney2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 397
cockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to cockattorney2

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
Penny stocks might be fun to play with, but are a terrible investment strategy. I wouldn't invest more than you can stand to lose.
amen to this. They can be fun to play with, but they really are not long term, for the most part unless you just get damn lucky and stumble onto the next big thing.
cockattorney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:09 PM   #23
uscjeremynca
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 10590
uscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot materialuscjeremynca is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockattorney2 View Post
amen to this. They can be fun to play with, but they really are not long term, for the most part unless you just get damn lucky and stumble onto the next big thing.
Penny stocks are a huge risk. I use money that I can play around with for those. Working a cash account rather than a margin, I can get in and out in the same day. Buy low, sell high over a day, a few days, or a couple of weeks. Make money and move on.

Always use a stop at worse. Stop limit is best because you can protect yourself and get out while you still have a profit.

However, I don't think you have to be lucky with penny stocks. There is analysis that can be done to make educated guesses on best buys. I'm learning and getting better at that. Although I am kicking myself today for being too greedy and not budging on the price. I bid lower and lost out on $25 in less than an hour.
uscjeremynca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:13 PM   #24
cockattorney2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 397
cockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPitcockattorney2 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to cockattorney2

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscjeremynca View Post
Penny stocks are a huge risk. I use money that I can play around with for those. Working a cash account rather than a margin, I can get in and out in the same day. Buy low, sell high over a day, a few days, or a couple of weeks. Make money and move on.

Always use a stop at worse. Stop limit is best because you can protect yourself and get out while you still have a profit.

However, I don't think you have to be lucky with penny stocks. There is analysis that can be done to make educated guesses on best buys. I'm learning and getting better at that. Although I am kicking myself today for being too greedy and not budging on the price. I bid lower and lost out on $25 in less than an hour.
oh, I didn't mean get lucky to make some money. I meant get lucky to find one you could retire on. As you said, $25 difference was being "greedy". I was thinking more of finding the one that turns out to be Apple or Facebook or something else that turns folks into millionaires or even better.

Just making a few hundred bucks can be done. As you said, play only in cash, certainly not on margin and as also state above, don't play with anything you can't afford to lose.
cockattorney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #25
dumpyloser
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 2700
dumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot materialdumpyloser is USC mascot material

What do u guys think about ASTI? I've bought 750 shares in hopes that it would jump up. It's trading around 20 cents, but a lot of people are projecting it over a dollar before Christmas. Am I wasting my time here?
dumpyloser is offline   Reply With Quote