CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
GeoCocky66
TaySC
Captain9Dragons
thumpin big
catdaddy66
carolina_corpsman
ConwayGamecock
PFW79
Rooster'srule
TAFC 5 1981
**USC (23-17) vs. Fu (2523)
Wilder and Thompson (857)
Landon Powell 39-6 a (809)
College Football Is (671)
2019 - Zovon Lindsay (560)
TRANSFER PRANK: NFL (345)
Woman cuts off man's (315)
Quincey Guerrier (283)
Scientists: Uranus S (169)
2 football transfers (96)
Quincey Guerrier
College Football Is Comin
**USC (23-17) vs. Furman
Discussion: 2019 Recruiti
2 football transfers anno
Rakym Felder
Landon Powell 39-6 at NGU
Wilder and Thompson trans
Gamecocks win Palmetto Se
2019 - Traevon Kenion

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 07:41 AM   #5081
donbgamecock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 3387726
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Alim McNeill

Has he ever been to USC?
Old 05-19-2017, 08:03 AM   #5082
GeoCocky66
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 3242
GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
Has he ever been to USC?
He took an unofficial for the spring game:

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...amarius-benson
Old 05-19-2017, 09:33 AM   #5083
donbgamecock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 3387726
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
He took an unofficial for the spring game:

https://www.seccountry.com/south-car...amarius-benson
Thanks. Points sent.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:39 AM   #5084
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 400
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

More Cbs to UNC
Old 05-19-2017, 06:49 PM   #5085
scfanz
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
scfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot materialscfanz is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Dorian Gerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
Exactly right. So why do some still question Muschamp and staff's ability to recruit.

Gerald said he will pick the school that feels right for him without any regard to a school's history or national prominence.
Because some people still focus solely on the star ranking. Muschamp is one of the best evaluators in college football and everyone in football knows it. That's why anyone that Boom offers is OK with me.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:37 AM   #5086
Ironfan
Household Name

CockyCash: 400
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default 2018 - Jermaine McMillian - Central Florida

Jermaine McMillian
Miami, FL (Booker T. Washington)
Safety, Cornerback
Ht 6-2 Wt 185

http://247sports.com/Player/Jermaine-McMillian-45573203
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/8173512/jermaine-mcmillian

new offer
Old 05-20-2017, 02:57 AM   #5087
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Diondre Champaigne

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
Since we only have one official WR signed for our 2018 Class, I wonder where the staff stands with Diondre. He and Dakereon would be fire if they got back together again. Though he was a bit light, a good strength program would help him fill out his frame and take advantage of his athleticism.
that's a great point. I haven't seen his name come up anywhere though.

He was in the 2016 class, so if he had to spend 2 years at JUCO, he wouldn't be eligible till 2019.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:36 PM   #5088
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Dorian Gerald

agree. it is interesting how many on here are basically non believers if those players don't have a lot stars after their name.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #5089
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
that's a great point. I haven't seen his name come up anywhere though.

He was in the 2016 class, so if he had to spend 2 years at JUCO, he wouldn't be eligible till 2019.
He's in the class of 2018.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #5090
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
He's in the class of 2018.
I just looked on TBS and he is shown in the 2018 class. But there is zero news about him since 2016. No offers, no CB, nothing.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #5091
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
has he been in JUCO for 3 semesters. same thing Sawyer and a couple of their guys have done.
Understood. He went to JUCO in August 2016 (he's home for this summer). By my calculations he could finish December 2017 (3 semesters) or May 2018 (4 semesters) and if he qualifies he'd be in our 2018 class not 2019. Am I missing something?
Old 05-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #5092
Three and Out
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Understood. He went to JUCO in August 2016 (he's home for this summer). By my calculations he could finish December 2017 (3 semesters) or May 2018 (4 semesters) and if he qualifies he'd be in our 2018 class not 2019. Am I missing something?
no, you're correct. I edited my post above......there is basically no information about him since 2016.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:04 PM   #5093
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

Quote:
no, you're correct. I edited my post above......there is basically no information about him since 2016.
No problem. His mom said he REALLY wants to be a Gamecock and would love to once again play with Dakereon. They haven't heard much from the staff since he went to JCJC.. I hope he plays a bigger part of the offense this year and continues to develop. I also hope the staff keeps their word and honors his scholarship offer.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:37 PM   #5094
GeoCocky66
Two Deep

Male

GeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot materialGeoCocky66 is USC mascot material

I was curious how he did this year, so I just looked at the Jones County JC football page (same team that Javon Kinlaw played for, BTW). Diondre played in all 9 games, and had 8 receptions for 121 yards (both 4th on the team), with 1 TD. Half the catches and most of the yards came in one game. I didn't follow JC JC, but the stats suggest that they were more run-oriented, with 439 rushing attempts to only 176 passing attempts (so, fewer than 20 attempted passes / game). On average, they rushed for a lot more yards / game (239) than passed (154 / game), and their QB had more ints (7) than TDs (only 6) on the year. I hope he has a great year and ends up in a good situation for him, whether it's USC or elsewhere.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #5095
NAGamec0ckFan
Proverbs 14:12

Male

CockyCash: 17185
NAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot materialNAGamec0ckFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Stephon Wynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Hard to believe this thread is still breathing....Steph is going to klempzun if they want him. If not??...He aint going to SC....
Yeah. He isn't coming here.
Old 05-21-2017, 01:13 PM   #5096
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 20200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?
Default Re: 2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat

Look for this recruitment to heat up in the very near future.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:01 PM   #5097
GeoCocky66
Two Deep

Male

Default Re: 2018 - Trajan Jeffcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Look for this recruitment to heat up in the very near future.
But first: [insert generic cockytalk complaint about lack of stars and how we're settling for lower-tier players]

PS - I should add that I saw him play last year and think he could be a nice addition at weakside.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #5098
Ace Dilcock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 13862
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
I was curious how he did this year, so I just looked at the Jones County JC football page (same team that Javon Kinlaw played for, BTW). Diondre played in all 9 games, and had 8 receptions for 121 yards (both 4th on the team), with 1 TD. Half the catches and most of the yards came in one game. I didn't follow JC JC, but the stats suggest that they were more run-oriented, with 439 rushing attempts to only 176 passing attempts (so, fewer than 20 attempted passes / game). On average, they rushed for a lot more yards / game (239) than passed (154 / game), and their QB had more ints (7) than TDs (only 6) on the year. I hope he has a great year and ends up in a good situation for him, whether it's USC or elsewhere.
What works against him is that we will have an abundance of Junior, RS Sophomore, Sophomore and RS Freshman WRs when he would come in - Googer, Deebo and Jerad Washington are the only guys that have been here 3-4 years heading into this season.

The other issue is his name, which makes him a more attractive recruit at a place like UNC. Along with Pete Camembert and George Poupon.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:32 PM   #5099
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Anyone who thinks signing Champaigne will help us with future Fort players really need to do their research. Clemson will land anyone they want from that school as long as they maintain " THAT COACH. " We all know the reason Joyner is likely coming here and he is the exception to the rule.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:40 PM   #5100
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Stephon Wynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
Hard to believe this thread is still breathing....Steph is going to klempzun if they want him. If not??...He aint going to SC....
Remember hearing the same thing about Or'Tre, Brian Edwards, and Joyner lol. Never say never.
Closed Thread