CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Sarge

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
carolina_corpsman
RGHoskins
Three and Out
Y Formation
AR1
SanAntonioCock
ChunkSnackwell
ConwayGamecock
GeoCocky66
Flameout12
Does Deebo Return Ne (1227)
South Carolina vs. L (760)
Coach Staley's big w (617)
A Win vs A Loss (611)
TJ Shook (431)
‘Mad Pooper’ Jogger (321)
Wal*Mart customers s (294)
Jake LaMotta, Real-L (169)
8 for La Tech (23)
4 Tix for sale - Wes (12)
Ole Miss Rebels could swa
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
Does Deebo Return Next Se
Smooth Coaching Transitio
Crowd Against La Tech
2018 - KJ Henry
2018 Aaron Nesmith (MBB)
Remembering Kenny
4 Tix for sale - West Low
2017 Fall Scrimmages...

Old 03-04-2017, 10:57 PM   #1
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 342
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb
Default Future clemson game sites

Went to the game today in greenville. (Still pissed about the outcome, but that's for a different thread)

I know the tickets to that game are split 50/50, but I feel like I saw more orange there today than garnet and black.

I'd like to just see them do 3 home games and 3 away games year to year, but if they're gonna do this neutral site nonsense, I'd rather they rotate it to different venues around the state. i.e. Myrtle Beach pelicans, Charleston riverdogs etc. I've always felt like a game in greenville is much more of a home game for clemson simply given the close proximity to its backyard. I speculate they like to keep it in greenville because the driving distance between columbia, greenville, and clemson isn't very far, whereas charleston is out of the way.

Anyway, here's my thought and question to yall who know how things work around Columbia and at the university.

What are the odds they'd play the 'neutral site' game at Spirit Communications Park? (the Columbia Fireflies new stadium)
They could split those tickets 50/50 but I guarantee more garnet shirts would find their way into that ball park.

What are your thoughts?
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:02 PM   #2
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 1050987
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Future clemson game sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock1119 View Post
Went to the game today in greenville. (Still pissed about the outcome, but that's for a different thread)

I know the tickets to that game are split 50/50, but I feel like I saw more orange there today than garnet and black.

I'd like to just see them do 3 home games and 3 away games year to year, but if they're gonna do this neutral site nonsense, I'd rather they rotate it to different venues around the state. i.e. Myrtle Beach pelicans, Charleston riverdogs etc. I've always felt like a game in greenville is much more of a home game for clemson simply given the close proximity to its backyard. I speculate they like to keep it in greenville because the driving distance between columbia, greenville, and clemson isn't very far, whereas charleston is out of the way.

Anyway, here's my thought and question to yall who know how things work around Columbia and at the university.

What are the odds they'd play the 'neutral site' game at Spirit Communications Park? (the Columbia Fireflies new stadium)
They could split those tickets 50/50 but I guarantee more garnet shirts would find their way into that ball park.

What are your thoughts?
You complain about the neutral site game being a home game for the taters then suggest we hold it in Columbia. Lol.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'

Male

CockyCash: 200
Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

While Greenville is close to Clemons. There are a ton of Gamecock fans in the area that get to go a game without having to drive 2 hrs.
Old 03-05-2017, 09:11 AM   #4
Lindsay2614
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Lindsay2614 has feathers coming inLindsay2614 has feathers coming in

There is a new minor league stadium that just broke ground on in North Augusta (Aiken County). They are saying will be ready for 2018 season that is being built for the Augusta Green Jackets. But rumors around town and city council is that with the new stadium they want to get one of the neutral site games that rotate around. Not sure if it has any traction or just rumors.
Lindsay2614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:16 AM   #5
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

CockyCash: 1000500
USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to USCBatgirl21

Greenville won the bid to host through 2018. Hopefully other cities will step up to offer the same kind of experience as Greenville. They really have done a great job with the overall event, not just the game itself.

Charleston could have made a great impression in 2012 but failed miserably.
USCBatgirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:40 AM   #6
gamecock1119
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 342
gamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his combgamecock1119 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
You complain about the neutral site game being a home game for the taters then suggest we hold it in Columbia. Lol.
I'm not saying do it in Columbia every year. But I feel like that would even things out a little if they moved between columbia and greenville
gamecock1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:41 AM   #7
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106487138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay2614 View Post
There is a new minor league stadium that just broke ground on in North Augusta (Aiken County). They are saying will be ready for 2018 season that is being built for the Augusta Green Jackets. But rumors around town and city council is that with the new stadium they want to get one of the neutral site games that rotate around. Not sure if it has any traction or just rumors.
This is correct. The game would have been there this year most likely, but the delays in the project kept the city from bidding on it. My guess is that North Augusta will have it in 2019 or so. Stadium is going to be a replica of San Fransisco's stadium with the river behind right field
Old 03-05-2017, 09:48 AM   #8
gamecocks24
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
Greenville won the bid to host through 2018. Hopefully other cities will step up to offer the same kind of experience as Greenville. They really have done a great job with the overall event, not just the game itself.

Charleston could have made a great impression in 2012 but failed miserably.
How did Charleston fail miserably?
gamecocks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #9
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

USCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot materialUSCBatgirl21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks24 View Post
How did Charleston fail miserably?
The Riverdogs organization was not very welcoming. The paid tailgate was a complete failure on their part, presenting it as the "only place to be able to drink pregame", which if you live in Charleston you know is complete bunk (the cops don't bother you as long as you don't give them reason to), and the price for what you received was crazy. They didn't work very well with the Charleston Gamecock Club nor the Charleston Clemson Club at all either.

They have the room to do a huge tailgate party properly, like what they do in Greenville, but didn't take advantage of it.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:19 AM   #10
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
I'm not saying do it in Columbia every year. But I feel like that would even things out a little if they moved between columbia and greenville
They won't do it in Columbia at the Fireflies stadium because of the proximity to Carolina Stadium and the University.
Old 03-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #11
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 622180610904
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

They should play the neutral site game in the Alamodome.

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #12
kathym
4-Star

Female

kathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudlykathym is crowing loudly

We enjoyed the game at the Riverdog Stadium in 2012 and wish that they'd
have the neutral site game there again. We went down with another couple,
had a nice early dinner and had great seats! When attempting to go to Fluor
Field, we've only been able to qualify for seats on the berm even though we're
season ticket holders. Apparently, we need a lot more points in the Gamecock
Club. There was no problem getting good seats at the Riverdog Stadium and there
was a good crowd and it didn't hurt that we won :-)
kathym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:39 AM   #13
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

I have said from the beginning of this format that the neutral game should rotate. Rock Hill would be a good place as well as the cities that the OP mentioned.

I miss Old Cocky Talk

The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 10:49 AM   #14
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106487138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

Myrtle Beach is another candidate
Old 03-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #15
GamecockInHell
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1929343
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

Does Spartanburg have a suitable venue? I've always tended to see a lot more Gamecock followers around there than taters. Of course Myrtle Beach is a good site, but North Augusta would be great for me.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #16
ThisMr X
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPitThisMr X rules the CockPit

Quote:

What are your thoughts?
We used to play 4 games every year, two at home and two away.
Old 03-05-2017, 11:58 AM   #17
CockyFanForLife
4-Star

Female

CockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot materialCockyFanForLife is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 View Post
The Riverdogs organization was not very welcoming. The paid tailgate was a complete failure on their part, presenting it as the "only place to be able to drink pregame", which if you live in Charleston you know is complete bunk (the cops don't bother you as long as you don't give them reason to), and the price for what you received was crazy. They didn't work very well with the Charleston Gamecock Club nor the Charleston Clemson Club at all either.

They have the room to do a huge tailgate party properly, like what they do in Greenville, but didn't take advantage of it.
I can't speak to the tailgate, but just want to say that I would be careful about the drinking around The Joe. It is located directly across the street from the Charleston Police Department, and Charleston Chief of Police Mullen is VERY anti drinking in public. That is why the police have tightened up on it so much in the last few years.
CockyFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #18
robgusc76
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

it is played at Fluor becuase the Drive GM is a huge USC guy.
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:07 PM   #19
SanAntonioCock
Underestimated

Male

CockyCash: 622180610904
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

They should play neutral site game at TD Ameritrade Park

🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓🏈🐓
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #20
USCBatgirl21
Official Baseball Chick

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyFanForLife View Post
I can't speak to the tailgate, but just want to say that I would be careful about the drinking around The Joe. It is located directly across the street from the Charleston Police Department, and Charleston Chief of Police Mullen is VERY anti drinking in public. That is why the police have tightened up on it so much in the last few years.
Lived there for 13 years. Literally had cops patrolling out there tell us that as long as we don't bother them they won't both other us. This was for Citadel games and Riverdogs games, as recently as last year.