CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
2k15
Three and Out
JerseyBird
GeoCocky66
InletCock1989
SNEEZ
TaySC
Ironfan
AR1
sporkgod50
WR out???? (2086)
2017 Gulf Coast Show (1479)
miama-pitt game (1083)
cell phone lights ar (911)
Someone please expla (703)
Good Luck Tomorrow! (640)
Never Again (515)
The Gamecocks Win 30 (453)
It isn't Florida, bu (448)
Clemson: Countdown t (446)
Clemson: Countdown to Kic
2019 - Quavaris Crouch
#114 in Total Offense
ISO 2 lowers for the game
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
***Volvo Driving Soccer M
2018 - Dorian Gerald
2017 High School Football
Good Luck Tomorrow!
2017 Gulf Coast Showcase:

Old 05-01-2017, 03:42 PM   #21
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 20200
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Man In The Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofnerf View Post
Great vid. I like the flame transition at the end.

But...our defense has to stop conceding the first down marker like we do every possession.

And tackle without the use of Sunday practices to motivate the D to tackle.

Jake also has to change plays at the LOS.

Same record as last year if these things don't change.

I am lowering my expectations this season and will let the players change them, just like I did for MBB last season.
We didn't concede the first down marker nearly as much as we have in the past. I think the main reason we did that this past season was lack of depth, and to not work our thin horses to death.

They've also mentioned that a point of emphasis for this off season is Jake making his own reads and adjustments at the line.

I don't think it's a bad thing or that it's lower expectations to say that we may come away with a similar record, but with a better team in 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:56 PM   #22
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 5800
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Title was misleading. I thought it was the actual poem about the man in the mirror.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #23
FurmanCock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 5250
FurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot materialFurmanCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Title was misleading. I thought it was the actual poem about the man in the mirror.
I wish I knew a poem about Man in the Mirror...unfortunately, my cultural reference for Man in The Mirror is limited to Michael Jackson.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:12 PM   #24
Gamecocks1137
Apparent Sunshine Pumper

Male

CockyCash: 1000062190122800
Gamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot materialGamecocks1137 is USC mascot material

OP you are right this video is FIRE! Justin King, damn we are lucky to have this guy in our media department, and even luckier to have Jeff Dillman coach our strength and conditioning.

Vendable Bow Youtube

Vendable Bow Twitter
Gamecocks1137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #25
Lalli25
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 5800
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurmanCock View Post
I wish I knew a poem about Man in the Mirror...unfortunately, my cultural reference for Man in The Mirror is limited to Michael Jackson.
Sorry it is man in the glass. It is about looking in the mirror, so I always screw up the name.

Quote:
When you get what you want in your struggle for self
And the world makes you king for a day
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself
And see what that man has to say.

For it isn’t your father, or mother, or wife
Whose judgment upon you must pass
The fellow whose verdict counts most in your life
Is the one staring back from the glass.

He’s the fellow to please – never mind all the rest
For he’s with you, clear to the end
And you’ve passed your most difficult, dangerous test
If the man in the glass is your friend.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you’ve cheated the man in the glass.
It has always been one of my favorite sports applicable poems.
Lalli25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:38 PM   #26
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 1000000500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

One of the better vids. That said, let's just win some dang games.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #27
uscGRAD04
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 5833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

This plus CFB replays on ESPNU. How much longer we got? Geez
Old 05-02-2017, 09:49 PM   #28
GamecockSuperFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

This one didn't do it for me. Now grindflu videos? That's another etory
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:53 PM   #29
GamecockSuperFan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 666
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
We didn't concede the first down marker nearly as much as we have in the past. I think the main reason we did that this past season was lack of depth, and to not work our thin horses to death.

They've also mentioned that a point of emphasis for this off season is Jake making his own reads and adjustments at the line.

I don't think it's a bad thing or that it's lower expectations to say that we may come away with a similar record, but with a better team in 2017.
If we came away with the same record with a better team wouldn't that be underachieving?
GamecockSuperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:30 PM   #30
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
If we came away with the same record with a better team wouldn't that be underachieving?
More difficult schedule so no. You should know by now the schedule can influence your record negatively or positively by a win or two very easily.
gotrice? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:02 AM   #31
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10500
Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
More difficult schedule so no. You should know by now the schedule can influence your record negatively or positively by a win or two very easily.
I doubt that excuse will work with the recruits we're trying to land.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:06 AM   #32
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I doubt that excuse will work with the recruits we're trying to land.
Not really an excuse. A tough SOS can make or break a season. Even when you have a team full of future NFL starters. All comes down to fate really.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:54 AM   #33
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
Not really an excuse. A tough SOS can make or break a season. Even when you have a team full of future NFL starters. All comes down to fate really.
I only meant it as it pertains to recruits who won't bother to look into how much more difficult our 2017 schedule is. They will only look at our record and form an opinion on that. I'm sure our coaches will be telling them about the difficulty of our schedule but many of them will never hear it.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:57 AM   #34
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
I only meant it as it pertains to recruits who won't bother to look into how much more difficult our 2017 schedule is. They will only look at our record and form an opinion on that. I'm sure our coaches will be telling them about the difficulty of our schedule but many of them will never hear it.
True. I'm sure it's a small part of our coach's pitch but they know that these guys want to see results on the field.
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote