CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
MountainCock
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
2000grad
TastyLicks
GuyInTheGreenHouse
6pack
Spur's Addiction
spareparts
Season parking selec (68)
2 footbal tix for sa (35)
2017 Signee - Keisean Nix
Official Baseball Coachin
Kiffen Strikes Again
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Football Ops Center updat
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Men's team next season
SEC Football Coaches Appr
Season parking selection
official UFC thread. (new

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:05 AM   #521
GSC2013
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Trouble in Five Points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockCopter View Post
Well that escalated quickly. Seriously though, if the best job you can land is a SC newspaper reporter and you are like 50 years old, you suck at journalism. We get what we pay for. No one is willing to pay for local news anymore.
Yep and thats EXACTLY why these parasite journalists do what they do. People mostly ignore local news these days. Especially newspapers. So....desperate for eyes....they resort to finding 1 of the 3 things that all locals WILL look at: Our sports, our cops and our politicians. They will reach for ANYTHING. Any angle or rumor or allegation...true or not...about these 3 groups because its about the only thing people will pay them any attention for.

Now...yes, sometimes there is an athlete or cop or politician that does something flat out wrong and it deserves to be covered. That accounts for like 1 out of every 50 allegations the newspaper makes.

But anyway. When the journalists at The State, the Post & Courier and the Greenville News stop snorting powder and chasing 18 year old College of Charlesron girls at South of Broad cocktail parties in Charleson on weekends (their wives think they're here covering the North Charleston cop or Dylan Roof story) then maybe I wont be so hard on them. But hey....thats just what witnessss tell me.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #522
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

Personal opinion but this thread has outlived its usefulness
Old 05-08-2017, 09:20 AM   #523
GSC2013
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
GSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot materialGSC2013 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
True. And Mission Accomplished. The State probably banked a 15%+ jump in clicks due to "alleging" that 2 of USCs top 3 players were involved in a big fight at a bar.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:34 AM   #524
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSC2013 View Post
True. And Mission Accomplished. The State probably banked a 15%+ jump in clicks due to "alleging" that 2 of USCs top 3 players were involved in a big fight at a bar.
I'm no a State apologist. So, I can confidently say that I'm ok with the way they simply reported what the police report said.

Also, methinks you are a bit too pumped up about this subject.

But I vote to lock this sucker down.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:56 AM   #525
Jethro Beaver
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 100000
Jethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot materialJethro Beaver is USC mascot material

Maybe we should just request Gamecock advertisers to #BoycotTheState and pull advertising refuse to accept the States Gamecock page etc.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #526
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Well, Coach Muschamp let the Snake know how he feels about them...

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...-Deeb-52672883

A key point for me was when he said: "The investigating officer actually commended Skai for his behavior in the bar"

Where are all those people who were bashing our players a week ago?
Old 05-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #527
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his combPalmettoCockZ71 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_corpsman View Post
Well, Coach Muschamp let the Snake know how he feels about them...

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/A...-Deeb-52672883

A key point for me was when he said: "The investigating officer actually commended Skai for his behavior in the bar"

Where are all those people who were bashing our players a week ago?
He even mentioned that the police told the state not to run the paper because it was just one persons account of what happened
Old 05-08-2017, 12:33 PM   #528
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 9900000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
Yeah I think that happened once the conversation devolved into "I'm right, and you're wrong for this list of BS reasons I'm about to make up."

Unfortunately that's about how most of the discussions go around here these days.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:34 PM   #529
Master Bedroom
1st Team All-American

Male

Master Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot materialMaster Bedroom is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I'm no a State apologist. So, I can confidently say that I'm ok with the way they simply reported what the police report said.

Simply reported? Do they run a front page story every time they simply get a police report? Give me a break
Old 05-08-2017, 12:35 PM   #530
carolina_corpsman
Household Name

Male

carolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot materialcarolina_corpsman is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post

You mean they reported what the police told them not to publish....
Old 05-08-2017, 12:36 PM   #531
Spurticus
I DON'T FEEL TARDY

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Thread has run it's course ......... Time to lock it.

Glad it turned out to be nothing more than a hungry reporter looking for a
a story and that the players were cleared.

I'm Ready For Football Season To start !