CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Three and Out
Senior Rooster
GregoryHouse
M.C.
usc1
Cockhornleghorn
gotrice?
AR1
2k15
Ahmad
POSSIBLY The Greates (2517)
Swinney shows class (1797)
Deebo's return? (1605)
Thoughts from Knoxvi (1248)
What other college t (876)
Bowl pick post week (860)
Vandy Game (833)
24 months ago Spurri (829)
We're the only schoo (640)
Gamecock Stats at th (571)
Deebo's return?
Ryan Succop on NFL record
Swinney shows class
2018 MBB Zion Williamson
Thoughts from Knoxville
2018 - Dax Hollifield
We're the only school in
Frank Says Real Practice
Free Truck To Move Butch
Butch breaks down UT's lo

Old 05-08-2017, 09:46 AM   #221
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 600
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Dax Hollifield

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSirSpurXx View Post
2/3 seems feasible at this point. Although, trading Teague for Valentine isn't a bad trade IMO
agreed. Teague is more physically developed but under right S&C program Valentine has the body type to develop
Ironfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 PM   #222
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
agreed. Teague is more physically developed but under right S&C program Valentine has the body type to develop
Fenwick and Valentine would be a very good RB class, especially when you consider Valentine has Damiere Byrd speed except much bigger.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:30 PM   #223
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material

247 story says Hollifield wakes up everyday with a new leader
Old 05-08-2017, 09:42 PM   #224
PalmettoCockZ71
4-Star

Male

PalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudlyPalmettoCockZ71 is crowing loudly

Quote:
247 story says Hollifield wakes up everyday with a new leader
Great....
PalmettoCockZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:25 PM   #225
xXSirSpurXx
Starter

Male

xXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot materialxXSirSpurXx is USC mascot material

Not certain we land this kid. Think Tindall and Louis / Walker are the 3 guys we take as LBs
xXSirSpurXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:43 PM   #226
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101850400
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Not certain we land this kid. Think Tindall and Louis / Walker are the 3 guys we take as LBs
Getting 3/4 out of these guys ain't bad.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 11:44 PM   #227
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPitThree and Out rules the CockPit

Quote:
Until I see CB to other schools, I'm saying Dax is headed to Columbia.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:46 PM   #228
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

i am still confident as well. He knows he is a priority here
Old 05-09-2017, 12:12 AM   #229
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
i am still confident as well. He knows he is a priority here
Same. I feel he winds up here and haven't seen anything to make me think otherwise.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:30 PM   #230
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

A VT insider said Dax ran back to back +5.0 forties. I don't think this is a big deal because playing inside, speed isn't as important as playing on the edge.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #231
Coondog
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Coondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot materialCoondog is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
A VT insider said Dax ran back to back +5.0 forties. I don't think this is a big deal because playing inside, speed isn't as important as playing on the edge.
I don't think that there are too many LB's that run a sub 5.0 forty.
Coondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #232
pitchcock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 29762600
pitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot materialpitchcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coondog View Post
I don't think that there are too many LB's that run a sub 5.0 forty.
I would disagree, if you did some checking virtually every LB that's even moderately highly ranked will run a sub-5.0 40.

IMO, if a VT "Insider" is posting that Dax ran multiple >5.0 40's, it's likely damage control because they don't think they'll get him, the "Insider" is downplaying losing out on him.

Hopefully good news for us.
pitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #233
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

here are his 2017 track meet times. How they translate to a 40 time i will leave to someone smarter then I

2017 Outdoor Season Shelby HS 11th Grade
110m Hurdles - 39"
3 18.54c Mar 7 Forestview Meet #2 V F
2 17.54c PR Mar 21 South Point Home Meet #2 V F
4 18.44c Mar 23 Bessemer City Home Meet #3 V F
3 17.98 Mar 28 Shelby Invitational V F
300m Hurdles - 36"
2 47.44c Mar 7 Forestview Meet #2 V F
4 48.54c Mar 8 Mountaineer Relays V F
6 48.54c Mar 21 South Point Home Meet #2 V F
NT Mar 23 Bessemer City Home Meet #3 V F
6 45.98 PR Mar 28 Shelby Invitational
Old 05-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #234
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Quote:
Four-star linebacker Dax Hollifield has made a slight adjustment since SEC Country visited with him at Shelby (N.C.) High School late last month.

North Carolina and Virginia Tech have long been the primary programs contending with South Carolina, but Florida is now in the mix, too.

But first, more on his interest in the Gamecocks.

“Just how close they are to home,” Hollifield said. “They’re only 2 hours from my house. I like that. Keep my family close. I like their depth chart. They’re not very deep right now and I can step in and get some playing time.”

He returned to Columbia late last month for the SpursUp Cookout.

“It was fun,” Hollifield said. “It was just like a party. … All we did was have fun, talk — it really wasn’t much recruiting. You’re part of the family, so [they] treated [me] like family.”

Florida, which hosted him for a visit a couple of weeks earlier, is now in the picture with South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia Tech.

“I love the weather down there. Also, the same thing about the [Gators’] depth chart; they’re not very deep and I feel like they’re going to win. They have a good team. I like the coaches. [Linebackers] coach [Tim Skipper] is really great.”

Hollifield (6-foot-1, 220 pounds) is ranked as the nation’s No. 4 inside linebacker and the No. 107 overall prospect, according to the 247Sports composite rankings.
https://www.seccountry.com/south-car..._medium=Social
Old 05-10-2017, 06:12 PM   #235
gotrice?
1st Team All-American

Male

gotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot materialgotrice? is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to gotrice?

Quote:
here are his 2017 track meet times. How they translate to a 40 time i will leave to someone smarter then I

2017 Outdoor Season Shelby HS 11th Grade
110m Hurdles - 39"
3 18.54c Mar 7 Forestview Meet #2 V F
2 17.54c PR Mar 21 South Point Home Meet #2 V F
4 18.44c Mar 23 Bessemer City Home Meet #3 V F
3 17.98 Mar 28 Shelby Invitational V F
300m Hurdles - 36"
2 47.44c Mar 7 Forestview Meet #2 V F
4 48.54c Mar 8 Mountaineer Relays V F
6 48.54c Mar 21 South Point Home Meet #2 V F
NT Mar 23 Bessemer City Home Meet #3 V F
6 45.98 PR Mar 28 Shelby Invitational
Whoever is smart enough to make an accurate translation there probably has multiple PHDs

I think Dax is more along the lines of a 4.8 speed, sometimes you just don't have your best couple runs and all you need to do is be off by a couple tenths of a second to have an awful time. You don't need blazing speed to be a LB but you do need to be faster than a 5.0 40 and from his film I feel confident he absolutely is.
gotrice? is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:20 PM   #236
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrice? View Post
Whoever is smart enough to make an accurate translation there probably has multiple PHDs

I think Dax is more along the lines of a 4.8 speed, sometimes you just don't have your best couple runs and all you need to do is be off by a couple tenths of a second to have an awful time. You don't need blazing speed to be a LB but you do need to be faster than a 5.0 40 and from his film I feel confident he absolutely is.
HUDL has a 4.8 time listed
Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #237
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

Auburn offered
Old 05-16-2017, 07:31 PM   #238
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Quote:
Auburn offered

Hope that's just an "honor" to be offered by Auburn, another SEC school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #239
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Greyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudlyGreyrooster is crowing loudly

Any new news??

Old 05-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #240
Greyrooster
4 Star

Male

Default 2018 - Dax Hollifield

Hate to sound like a broken record, but things have been mighty quiet about Hollifield!!!
Any new news???

Last edited by Greyrooster; 05-30-2017 at 05:41 PM..
Greyrooster is offline   Reply With Quote