CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Blitzkrieg
jseal777
CapitolCock
TastyLicks
Flameout12
Y Formation
carolina_corpsman
ChunkSnackwell
Wisercock
Saturday was not a g (2104)
Can Wolf Get us Back (1229)
Offensive Thoughts (863)
My take on the Kentu (679)
Today's Weekly Press (227)
Hurricane Maria (143)
LA Earthquake (95)
What was your origin (94)
Ole Miss Rebels coul (90)
Firefighters free ma (67)
Chicken Curse Alive And W
FORWARD: Louisiana Tech;
Byron Cowart - Transfer
Why SC and Kurt Roper Sho
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Offensive Thoughts
How Was the DJ?
Just some comments by a l
Replacing Deebo
What was your original pr

Old 02-08-2016, 03:41 PM   #101
sully1
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
sully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talonssully1 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: 2018 - Diondre Champaigne

I think we just need to chill out and see how this all plays out. Hopefully he gets a great score on the standardized test and we go from there.
sully1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #102
wincocks84
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 275
wincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot materialwincocks84 is USC mascot material

I'd be surprised if he comes here honestly. Esp since we landed the wr's that we did. Doesn't sound like Fort's staff is happy either.
wincocks84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #103
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I'm just speculating, but Muschamp and company have made it clear they want to mend the bridges with the state high schools. I'm going to assume that if he makes the grades, then he's in. If not, Fort Dorchester is a solid recruiting area from what I gather, and not one to look bad with a few weeks into your position.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #104
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

CockyCash: 450
USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Since we only have one official WR signed for our 2018 Class, I wonder where the staff stands with Diondre. He and Dakereon would be fire if they got back together again. Though he was a bit light, a good strength program would help him fill out his frame and take advantage of his athleticism.
USCharleston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 02:57 AM   #105
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCharleston2 View Post
Since we only have one official WR signed for our 2018 Class, I wonder where the staff stands with Diondre. He and Dakereon would be fire if they got back together again. Though he was a bit light, a good strength program would help him fill out his frame and take advantage of his athleticism.
that's a great point. I haven't seen his name come up anywhere though.

He was in the 2016 class, so if he had to spend 2 years at JUCO, he wouldn't be eligible till 2019.
Three and Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #106
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

USCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPitUSCharleston2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
that's a great point. I haven't seen his name come up anywhere though.

He was in the 2016 class, so if he had to spend 2 years at JUCO, he wouldn't be eligible till 2019.
He's in the class of 2018.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #107
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Three and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudlyThree and Out is crowing loudly

Quote:
He's in the class of 2018.
I just looked on TBS and he is shown in the 2018 class. But there is zero news about him since 2016. No offers, no CB, nothing.
Old 05-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #108
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

Quote:
has he been in JUCO for 3 semesters. same thing Sawyer and a couple of their guys have done.
Understood. He went to JUCO in August 2016 (he's home for this summer). By my calculations he could finish December 2017 (3 semesters) or May 2018 (4 semesters) and if he qualifies he'd be in our 2018 class not 2019. Am I missing something?
Old 05-20-2017, 10:58 PM   #109
Three and Out
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Understood. He went to JUCO in August 2016 (he's home for this summer). By my calculations he could finish December 2017 (3 semesters) or May 2018 (4 semesters) and if he qualifies he'd be in our 2018 class not 2019. Am I missing something?
no, you're correct. I edited my post above......there is basically no information about him since 2016.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:04 PM   #110
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

Quote:
no, you're correct. I edited my post above......there is basically no information about him since 2016.
No problem. His mom said he REALLY wants to be a Gamecock and would love to once again play with Dakereon. They haven't heard much from the staff since he went to JCJC.. I hope he plays a bigger part of the offense this year and continues to develop. I also hope the staff keeps their word and honors his scholarship offer.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:37 PM   #111
GeoCocky66
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 611
GeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPitGeoCocky66 rules the CockPit

I was curious how he did this year, so I just looked at the Jones County JC football page (same team that Javon Kinlaw played for, BTW). Diondre played in all 9 games, and had 8 receptions for 121 yards (both 4th on the team), with 1 TD. Half the catches and most of the yards came in one game. I didn't follow JC JC, but the stats suggest that they were more run-oriented, with 439 rushing attempts to only 176 passing attempts (so, fewer than 20 attempted passes / game). On average, they rushed for a lot more yards / game (239) than passed (154 / game), and their QB had more ints (7) than TDs (only 6) on the year. I hope he has a great year and ends up in a good situation for him, whether it's USC or elsewhere.
GeoCocky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #112
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 840
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoCocky66 View Post
I was curious how he did this year, so I just looked at the Jones County JC football page (same team that Javon Kinlaw played for, BTW). Diondre played in all 9 games, and had 8 receptions for 121 yards (both 4th on the team), with 1 TD. Half the catches and most of the yards came in one game. I didn't follow JC JC, but the stats suggest that they were more run-oriented, with 439 rushing attempts to only 176 passing attempts (so, fewer than 20 attempted passes / game). On average, they rushed for a lot more yards / game (239) than passed (154 / game), and their QB had more ints (7) than TDs (only 6) on the year. I hope he has a great year and ends up in a good situation for him, whether it's USC or elsewhere.
What works against him is that we will have an abundance of Junior, RS Sophomore, Sophomore and RS Freshman WRs when he would come in - Googer, Deebo and Jerad Washington are the only guys that have been here 3-4 years heading into this season.

The other issue is his name, which makes him a more attractive recruit at a place like UNC. Along with Pete Camembert and George Poupon.
Ace Dilcock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:32 PM   #113
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 311755
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Anyone who thinks signing Champaigne will help us with future Fort players really need to do their research. Clemson will land anyone they want from that school as long as they maintain " THAT COACH. " We all know the reason Joyner is likely coming here and he is the exception to the rule.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:30 AM   #114
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

Good read... maybe they could play together again in the future.
http://www.thestate.com/sports/colle...157328839.html

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #115
USCharleston2
Veteran

Male

Another good article: http://www.scout.com/junior-college-...n-season-ahead

He told me he really wants to come to USC but Jones County JC's QB struggles last year really cost him big time in the stats department. Hopefully, they get a QB who could hit the broad side of a barn this year. I told him these are the type of things that happens when you take making decent grades in high school as an elective and not a requirement...
Old 07-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #116
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

I want this guy to come here simply b/c his name is so fresh.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:50 AM   #117
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I want this guy to come here simply b/c his name is so fresh.
...Dang Skr8.......that and the band will have to que up their take of Atlanta Rythm Sections...Champaigne Jam....