CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
smoovecock
GuyInTheGreenHouse
Spur's Addiction
Three and Out
thekob
Master Bedroom
TastyLicks
Captain9Dragons
RGHoskins
2017 NBA Draft Night (1801)
Dozier Signs With th (857)
SI 10 coaches under (738)
Thornwell To The Cli (577)
I have a new grandda (233)
Oh, Hello on Netflix (64)
Dozier Signs With the Lak
2018 - Dorian Gerald
Official Baseball Coachin
Thornwell To The Clippers
2018 - Stephon Wynn
2017 NBA Draft Night toni
SI 10 coaches under the m
Dark Horse?
Men's team next season
D1 Baseball SuperRegional

Old 08-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #21
Carolina4Life
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Gamecock Conceptual Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
^

that logo was design by Zephyr hats, although similar to the official claw logo South Carolina has
I've seen a more then two types before. Not sure if it was Zephyr.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #22
Don Giovanni
Gamecock gamer!

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock Conceptual Logo

I forgot to mention, Cola, that you're right about the beak being wrong, but it's not the length that's the problem, it's the basic shape. What you have on your sketch is the beak that's indicative of a bird of prey (the round end of the top is a giveaway), but a rooster has a beak that's much straighter, relatively speaking. Here's what I'm talking about:

Bird of prey:

Rooster:

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #23
Mookie9
Recruit

Male

Mookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spurs

I prefer more of the classic identities. It seems that most of the rebrands now are switching to more 3D artwork.
Mookie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Thanks for all of the feedback so far, I am definitely in agreement with some of you on changes that need to be made.

I went ahead and vectored the original sketch to give me a starting point:

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #25
Don Giovanni
Gamecock gamer!

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Thanks for all of the feedback so far, I am definitely in agreement with some of you on changes that need to be made.

I went ahead and vectored the original sketch to give me a starting point:

My friend, you do fine work!

Old 08-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #26
Carolina4Life
Banned

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Gamecock Conceptual Logo

Seems too high schoolish to me.

Think of the spur as the pitch fork for ASU that Nike rebranded.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #27
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Updated (better or worse?):

Old 08-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #28
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Re: Gamecock Conceptual Logo

Quote:
Updated (better or worse?):

Much, much better on those bottom 2. Still wish the comb was more angled down it's back.

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #29
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

Another update...hope I don't lose anyone here. Introducing, the "Motion C":

Old 08-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #30
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 View Post
Much, much better on those bottom 2. Still wish the comb was more angled down it's back.
Explain to me what you mean...like, it should extend down the back side of the logo more? Or it should all be pointed away from the beak/front of the logo?

Old 08-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #31
rolinb1
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
rolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot materialrolinb1 is USC mascot material

neat keep going..lop off the front comb part and put it on the back shortening the front of the comb and extending the back...
Old 08-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #32
Don Giovanni
Gamecock gamer!

Male

The updated version is definitely more on target, Cola. When you finally decide the best way to handle the "sack", you think you could add a little bit of detail in the feathers? I was expecting another "line" that matches the outer line on the bottom, right side of the neck, like what is in the sketch. Then again, after looking at it another time, that other line looks like it may have been from something you changed about the sketch. Still, do you think a little bit of detail could be added? I mean, not so much where we would have essentially the same problem we do with the current logo, maybe something that would keep folks from saying it looks too "cartoony". I hope I'm making sense.

Also, if your final product ends up being well-received, will you consider submitting it to the university? Just wondering.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #33
SR4-AJ1
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9991666
SR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPitSR4-AJ1 rules the CockPit

I like these keep it up!!
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #34
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

The motion C is cool. I don't associate it with the Gamecocks, but as a stand alone concept, it hits the mark. Colacock, this is good stuff.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #35
cockyjordan3
Wofford Terrier

Male

CockyCash: 392442
cockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot materialcockyjordan3 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Re: Gamecock Conceptual Logo

Quote:
Explain to me what you mean...like, it should extend down the back side of the logo more? Or it should all be pointed away from the beak/front of the logo?
The latter

cockyjordan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #36
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
The updated version is definitely more on target, Cola. When you finally decide the best way to handle the "sack", you think you could add a little bit of detail in the feathers? I was expecting another "line" that matches the outer line on the bottom, right side of the neck, like what is in the sketch. Then again, after looking at it another time, that other line looks like it may have been from something you changed about the sketch. Still, do you think a little bit of detail could be added? I mean, not so much where we would have essentially the same problem we do with the current logo, maybe something that would keep folks from saying it looks too "cartoony". I hope I'm making sense.
Actually working on that right now.

Still not sure what to do with the nutsack. Does everyone still think it stands out too much? I mean...we are the 'Cocks!

Old 08-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #37
scargamecocks87
4-Star

Male

scargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPitscargamecocks87 rules the CockPit

Im gonna be very critical. I hate it and never do I want to see this as a logo
scargamecocks87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:09 PM   #38
Don Giovanni
Gamecock gamer!

Male

Personal preference, I prefer it without the C, but if the C is going to be in the design, I like the understated, yet adequate update.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #39
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 73360
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

we will get laughed at with the tea bag.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #40
GregoryHouse
Pompous Ass Hillbilly

Male

CockyCash: 53781483
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
hmm...could it be the beak? i used a shorter beak but maybe it should be longer with each side even lengths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
maybe flatten it out instead of rounded. Just throwing it out there. I really like your work
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterHater1984 View Post
The comb and wattle are too big. It needs to be flattened or even removed, like on our logo now. Cockfighters remove the comb and wattle so opposing birds can't grab them with their beaks. That's the difference between a rooster and a gamecock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockyjordan3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolinb1 View Post
neat keep going..lop off the front comb part and put it on the back shortening the front of the comb and extending the back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post

Also, if your final product ends up being well-received, will you consider submitting it to the university? Just wondering.
Quote:
Actually working on that right now.

Still not sure what to do with the nutsack. Does everyone still think it stands out too much? I mean...we are the 'Cocks!

ColaCock, I do not have any of the talent you are blessed with.

When I hear the editing suggesting and try to merged them with the drawing you presented, I came up with this...It still keeps the sack too...

Muschamp believes that recruiting within a five-hour radius of USC, "we can recruit good enough players to win the East every year."
GregoryHouse is offline   Reply With Quote