CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Captain9Dragons
Gamecocks1137
kick_ball
Three and Out
GregoryHouse
Ace Dilcock
Blitzkrieg
GuyInTheGreenHouse
SanAntonioCock
Lattimore vs. McFadd (300)
Season parking selec (254)
We Don't Use Star Ra (138)
We Don't Use Star Ratings
Dozier Signs With the Lak
2018 - Stephon Wynn
Men's team next season
Lattimore vs. McFadden
Official Baseball Coachin
Tim Tebow coming to South
Football team at Fort Jac
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
Football Ops Center updat

Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #41
Don Giovanni
Gamecock gamer!

Male

CockyCash: 200
Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material
Default Re: Gamecock Conceptual Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Actually working on that right now.

Still not sure what to do with the nutsack. Does everyone still think it stands out too much? I mean...we are the 'Cocks!
I'm not going to lie, this post of your made me literally laugh out loud. Just a thought here. Someone stated earlier in the thread that real "gamecocks" don't have combs or the sack because those things are cut off by the people who fight the birds. In my opinion, that makes the birds look HORRIBLE, but perhaps you'd consider greatly reducing the size of the "sack" and giving it an irregular shape like you mentioned earlier. This might help with the problem, and it may even make the image look more like a "real" gamecock. But I definitely wouldn't want it totally removed, because I agree with you that it is a recognizable part of a rooster.

Eat! Pugnant! Vincere! Removere asinum!
Don Giovanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #42
HeadCockFan
gold jacket, green jacket

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
ColaCock, I do not have any of the talent you are blessed with.

When I hear the editing suggesting and try to merged them with the drawing you presented, I came up with this...It still keeps the sack too...

Those teeth made me LOL. I like the overall shape.
HeadCockFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #43
Don Giovanni
Gamecock gamer!

Male

Don Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot materialDon Giovanni is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCockFan View Post
Those teeth made me LOL. I like the overall shape.
I'm hoping what GH posted is VERY familiar to you. If not, scroll up and look at the name of this website.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #44
Mookie9
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
Mookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spursMookie9 has earned his spurs

Generally, I feel like if you can't draw a logo, its too complicated and no good.
Mookie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #45
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

I like the ChickenHawk
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #46
smoovecock
Super Moderator

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 1000000
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

If we ever changed our logo to anything else I would be disappointed...But, if we did, I would prefer the design I saw on this sight last year with the palmetto tree and cresent emblem....In other words our state flag but with garnet back ground coloring.....
Old 08-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #47
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie9 View Post
Generally, I feel like if you can't draw a logo, its too complicated and no good.
That explains why everybody likes clemson's....
Old 08-07-2013, 12:57 AM   #48
MB_Gamecock
Mudda Fricka

Male

CockyCash: 54110003
MB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot material

I like the one in my avatar. Draw it.
MB_Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:13 AM   #49
Spartan
Blue Chip

Male

Spartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudlySpartan is crowing loudly

It reminds me of this one just a little...

Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:35 AM   #50
Carolina4Life
Banned

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Gamecock Conceptual Logo

Why don't you try an updated tweak of our current logo. Something like Miami did during Marino days. Not the new Miami one now, the early 90's one.
Carolina4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:52 AM   #51
Hoodrow Wilson
Banned

Male

Hoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot materialHoodrow Wilson is USC mascot material

Quote:
So my interest in modernizing our logo has sparked again recently and I pulled out some of my old sketches that I was never very happy with. I combined some elements I liked and played around a tad.

Basically, I feel like a logo featuring the entire Gamecock body is difficult to pull off. Not impossible, just difficult due to the level of detail needed and how it is viewed once seen from a further angle. I have a couple sketches of full body that I will work on some other day.

What do you think of this sketch so far? I am going to vectorize it and clean it up a bit in the meantime, add some color, etc.

That might make a good logo for Ball State.

I'll see myself out.
Hoodrow Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #52
Don Giovanni
Gamecock gamer!

Male

As you can see by some of the responses, Cola, you better be prepared for the "leather-helmet" crowd to hate on anything suggested.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #53
HeadCockFan

Male

HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
I'm hoping what GH posted is VERY familiar to you. If not, scroll up and look at the name of this website.
Haha, didn't even notice. I was wondering where he pulled that from. Dabo moment.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 AM   #54
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 2301172
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
I like the claw and spur, I have hat like that. Not so sure I'd like it on our helmets.
As far as the OP goes, the concept reminds me of the Louisville Cardinal. And in no way represents what I think of a "Fighting Gamecock" to be. The head concept just doesn't cut it for me.
Not to say that I like the spur and claw that much either, but if I had to choose, I'd take the spur and claw over any concept drawing of the head.
I think some animal lovers would have an issue with that "spur" and claw. Technically, that's not the spur, it's a gaff or razor type blade that is banded to the roosters leg for fighting. I'm sure there are folks out there who would be offended.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #55
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
As you can see by some of the responses, Cola, you better be prepared for the "leather-helmet" crowd to hate on anything suggested.
Yeah, that is perfectly fine. I know having people see something as a replacement to a logo we have had for the entire duration of our athletic history isn't going to be well received by all. Heck, it's tough for me even when designing it!

I may go back to the drawing board and see what I can do with a full body logo...but incorporate this head in there somehow.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #56
HeadCockFan

Male

what about a meaner version of this
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #57
92Pony
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 830476
92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material92Pony is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
That might make a good logo for Ball State.

I'll see myself out.
What you did there.....I see it.
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #58
TheMule
Band

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

Quote:
Actually working on that right now.

Still not sure what to do with the nutsack. Does everyone still think it stands out too much? I mean...we are the 'Cocks!
And the nutsack is hanging just below the pecker.

BTW you do outstanding work. Your Redskins and Gaffney helmet concept work were fantastic.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #59
jhaze7683
4-Star

Male

jhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudlyjhaze7683 is crowing loudly

I love the logo as is. Thats just me.
jhaze7683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #60
HUGEGARNETCOCK
4EVER CROWING!

Male

CockyCash: 490
HUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudlyHUGEGARNETCOCK is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaze7683 View Post
I love the logo as is. Thats just me.
Me too!
ColaCock the first one looks like the Philadelphia Eagle logo .