CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Blitzkrieg
kick_ball
robgusc76
Spur's Addiction
MountainCock
Captain9Dragons
Master Bedroom
NAGamec0ckFan
Three and Out
The Yancey
Dear Muschamp: Not (1438)
CFN Team ranking 1-1 (968)
I hope Jamarcus King (702)
Goergia Dome Collaps (398)
#600 (361)
New Whip (248)
NCAAF: CLEMSON TATER (228)
Funny story from my (66)
NFL TV Partners Set (56)
4 Clemson Tickets wi (38)
Clemson
2018 - Channing Tindall
2019 - Ani Izuchukwu
2018 - Jaycee Horn - Tenn
2018 - Dax Hollifield
Clemson opponents avg rec
2018 - Dorian Gerald
NFL TV Partners Set to Lo
I hope Jamarcus King has
CFN Team ranking 1-130

Old 08-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
hc803
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
hc803 has hatched from the shell
Default 107.5 is terrible

I'm just venting in this forum bc it's close to football season.
Aside from carrying the local feed for games, 107.5 has to be the worst sports radio in the state. The morning show may as well just be recorded and played back every morning. It's the same every single day: no in-depth sports discussion (because only 1 person there knows anything and Tommy only remembers pre-1980), that Benji guy is AWFUL, "the way we were"??? oh let's not forget the "X days until kickoff so let's list all the players that wore X"...
Is it too much to ask for a local sports talk morning show to actually discuss SPORTS? I seriously doubt any of the guys on this show could tell the difference between a 3-4 and a Nickel defense. 560 isn't much better but at least they talk about sports (sometimes). Rant over, thanks for listening.
hc803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #2
Nureye
White helmets rule

Male

CockyCash: 5415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Re: 107.5 is terrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by hc803 View Post
I'm just venting in this forum bc it's close to football season.
Aside from carrying the local feed for games, 107.5 has to be the worst sports radio in the state. The morning show may as well just be recorded and played back every morning. It's the same every single day: no in-depth sports discussion (because only 1 person there knows anything and Tommy only remembers pre-1980), that Benji guy is AWFUL, "the way we were"??? oh let's not forget the "X days until kickoff so let's list all the players that wore X"...
Is it too much to ask for a local sports talk morning show to actually discuss SPORTS? I seriously doubt any of the guys on this show could tell the difference between a 3-4 and a Nickel defense. 560 isn't much better but at least they talk about sports (sometimes). Rant over, thanks for listening.
I disagree. The morning show and 12pm hour are bad. The rest of the programming is very good.

DP Show...1PM and 4PM
Old 08-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
uscfsu23
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 5500
uscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPituscfsu23 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
I disagree. The morning show and 12pm hour are bad. The rest of the programming is very good.

DP Show...1PM and 4PM
I agree with this... I no longer listen in the morning, but enjoy Jay and Michael and then Heath is good as well.
uscfsu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #4
The Octopus
4-Star

Male

The Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPitThe Octopus rules the CockPit

I think they do a pretty decent job all around, my self.
The Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
tsb44
4-Star

Male

tsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPit

Agreed, the morning show is the only part that sucks. I can't stand benji
Old 08-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #6
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 100549
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

The halftime show with jay phillips and michael haney is pretty good and heath cline is also pretty knowledgeable... they are fans but they are also realist and willing to disagree with coaches or the school .. and pretty objective ive always enjoyed them... never really listened to the morning show but that is the one i usually see people complain about
kick_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
Emery
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 11950
Emery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot materialEmery is USC mascot material

I want to jump in on this...afternoons are usually decent and sometimes pretty good. The morning show has to be the bottom of the lineup. Cannot stand the amateur hour stuff they are doing. There seems to be no plan, no rehearsals, and barely any sports. The only halfway decent thing they do is replay interviews from other journalists. Even their guests are usually high school coaches and that's about it except for Scott Hood, who I can also barely listen to. He is like listening to the mushmouth car talk people from npr. Plus, offers up nothing that I didn't read on cockytalk over 24 hours ago. Benji is awful as a front man; talks over everyone, the transitions are awful, and has to be one of the most unfunny people on radio.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #8
tsb44
4-Star

Male

tsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPittsb44 rules the CockPit

this pic says it all about the morning show clowns...look at him hold that football
Old 08-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #9
evilpoptart
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5028
evilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot materialevilpoptart is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart

I can deal with the personalities, but the nonstop commercials and live on air plugs is what gets me to switch over to ESPN on XM.
evilpoptart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #10
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsb44 View Post
this pic says it all about the morning show clowns...look at him hold that football
Holding it like it's a baby.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #11
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

I've never listened to the morning show but I like Jay, Michael, and Heath.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #12
eightohhthree
Did you get ahold of 'em?

Male

CockyCash: 10200
eightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot materialeightohhthree is USC mascot material
Send a message via MSN to eightohhthree

I only listen to the morning show during football season for reasons above. I listen to the afternoon show with Heath on my way home from work every day.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #13
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick_ball View Post
The halftime show with jay phillips and michael haney is pretty good and heath cline is also pretty knowledgeable... they are fans but they are also realist and willing to disagree with coaches or the school .. and pretty objective ive always enjoyed them... never really listened to the morning show but that is the one i usually see people complain about
Heath Kline is a Colorado fan, no loyalties to South Carolina whatsoever.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #14
Cocklover
Take Chances

Female

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Non Football Poster 
CockyCash: 99900000
Cocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot materialCocklover is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cocklover

I love the morning show, lunchtime and 1-4 spot. Heath is not bad from 4-7.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #15
Stonecoldcock
Starter

CockyCash: 20001160
Stonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot materialStonecoldcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocklover View Post
I love the morning show, lunchtime and 1-4 spot. Heath is not bad from 4-7.
Can barely listen to the morning show or lunchtime, unless they are playing clips of the coaches/players interviews, I find myself trying not to change the station. Heath Kline is by far the most knowledgeable about sports in general of anyone on 107.5, and what I like about him, Jay and Michael Haney is they all seem very even keeled, and call things like they are, not just rah rah everything at USC is great. They call a spade a spade. I can't stand a homer station that tells you everything is great when its a dumpster fire. I really enjoy listening to Jay, Michael, and Heath.
Stonecoldcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #16
BoobyScoot
Walk On

Male

BoobyScoot has hatched from the shell

I'm posting in hopes that someone from 107.5 will read this and do something about it.

The morning show is impossible. Same reasons as everyone else: little to no sports, way too many commercials (especially the lengthy on air plugs), and boring personalities.

I enjoy the rest of their programming. The morning show has just gotten worse recently and I can't do it anymore. Until they make a change it's 560 from morning to noon.
BoobyScoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #17
Roosterboy
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

People here have obviously never listened to wccp sideshow we have up here. U want amateur hour u can get it all day. Strangely the biggest homer Philpott has the best show up here. Will agree the games morning show is pretty bad but to have dp show jay Phillips and heath Cline are all pretty good.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #18
NotKyle
The Hero Rides Again

Male

CockyCash: 200
NotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot materialNotKyle is USC mascot material

I love 107.5. They're a big pillar of the Columbia and Gamecock communities, and the show content is interesting for the most part. I like that they've been interviewing High School Coaches every day - adds some interesting local color. The hosts really are professionals, I'd take 107.5 over your WCCPs any day.
NotKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:46 PM   #19
803scdantes
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material803scdantes is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpoptart View Post
I can deal with the personalities, but the nonstop commercials and live on air plugs is what gets me to switch over to ESPN on XM.
I hate that about talk/sports radio in general. "this phone line sponsored by angelos pizza;" traffic report sponsored by billy's roofing; this list of things that happened in sports history sponsored by bud light; "let me take a minute to talk about xyz car dealer and how they treated me right when I got my oil changed" And those are the non-commercials.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #20
ZenUSC
Banned

Male

ZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot materialZenUSC is USC mascot material

Well even if we do get some really good sports radio hosts in Columbia who are funny and knowledgable the stations will fire them.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote