CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > Gamecock Multimedia

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
thekob
Master Bedroom
carolina_corpsman
CapitolCock
TastyLicks
Y Formation
jseal777
Lonnie
Wisercock
Blitzkrieg
Offensive Thoughts (1657)
Today's Weekly Press (1337)
Why SC and Kurt Rope (1221)
Letter to Fans from (1085)
My take on the Kentu (999)
Byron Cowart - Trans (819)
Chicken Curse Alive (468)
What was your origin (429)
Byron Cowart - Trans (308)
Bailey out (295)
Lost in the Loss....
Bailey out
Discussion: 2018 Recruiti
2018 Aaron Nesmith (MBB)
Byron Cowart - Transfer
Can Wolf Get us Back on T
Crowd Against La Tech
2018 Schedule
FORWARD: Louisiana Tech;
Letter to Fans from Ray T

Old 11-25-2015, 12:05 AM   #1
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Nike Uniform Concepts

So I'm in the group that wants to ditch UA and get our gear under Nike; various reasons behind that.

Anyhow, I hope if we DO rebrand under another coach- this is slightly the vision I see for us.

Simplistic in design and dark in use of color- really push the garnet and black as the dominant colors on our uniforms. Take the helmets to a matte/eggshell sheen and go garnet. Single stripe as a nod to our past uniforms but minimal striping otherwise.

Went with "Gamecocks" for our home tops (garnet/black) and "Carolina" to represent on the road. Another nod to our previous uniforms of the 80's and early 90's.

Included home, away, fireant, stormtrooper, and a black alternate top.

Anyhow, nothing drastic but something to look at during the impending offseason. Think I'm going to play around some more with a totally crazy direction next post.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:10 AM   #2
gamecocks24
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
gamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudlygamecocks24 is crowing loudly
Default Re: Nike Uniform Concepts

Aren't we under contract with UA for another two or three years? FWIW, I really don't care who our apparel provider is as long as it's not Russell.
gamecocks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:13 AM   #3
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks24 View Post
Aren't we under contract with UA for another two or three years? FWIW, I really don't care who our apparel provider is as long as it's not Russell.
It runs out before next season starts. June of 2016.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:17 AM   #4
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Looks great. I'm thinking we need a couple options on helmets going forward. No chicken butt designs though. Pearlescent white, flat black, chromed garnet.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:34 AM   #5
jellafever
Make CAROLINA Great Again

Male

CockyCash: 49439155330
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Looks great. I really like the garnet helmets with the larger block C and no white circle. However, I do like the three stripes on the helmets and the pants. Like we used to have in the 80's and 90's.

Also, could you show a garnet jersey and black pants option next time?
Old 11-25-2015, 12:34 AM   #6
USCswimming
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
USCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudly

I hope the new coach is involved in that decision with Tanner. Need to consider quality, money, and also recruiting. If the money is the same or close enough and kids prefer Nike I think that's the answer.

As far as design I'd like us to keep things fresh mostly to play into recruiting. I think it's undeniable that kids like to look good and that is a recruiting pull. Personally I want to see the black become more integrated or on regular rotation. I think we need helmets in each color.

I think the block C should always be on the 50 yard line. But I'm not opposed to a different helmet logo. I know the camp was pretty evenly split on that last helmet change.

And your designs look pretty good.

---Class of 2013 & 2017---
USCswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:49 AM   #7
Lonnie
Band

Male

CockyCash: 499
Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Garnet, black and white everything means 27 uniform combos. 18 home, 9 away.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:55 AM   #8
USCswimming
4-Star

Male

USCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudlyUSCswimming is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Garnet, black and white everything means 27 uniform combos. 18 home, 9 away.
I like it!

---Class of 2013 & 2017---
USCswimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:42 AM   #9
Order 66
Ed O'Bannon must pay

Male

CockyCash: 10950385
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCswimming View Post
I like it!
Throw some grey in there. Heck, Oregon has black, white, two shades of green, yellow, and grey combos on everything....at least according to NCAA14.
Order 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:07 AM   #10
cocknblue
Looking for Lee Ho Fook's

Male

cocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot materialcocknblue is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCswimming View Post
I hope the new coach is involved in that decision with Tanner.
That has been part of Ray's sales pitch
Old 11-25-2015, 07:46 AM   #11
rabid cock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 8914
rabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot materialrabid cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecocks24 View Post
I like Russell. They evoke images of old school football prowess. Notice the prominent Block C:

rabid cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:11 AM   #12
DJ35
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
DJ35 is developing his combDJ35 is developing his combDJ35 is developing his combDJ35 is developing his combDJ35 is developing his combDJ35 is developing his combDJ35 is developing his combDJ35 is developing his combDJ35 is developing his combDJ35 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
So I'm in the group that wants to ditch UA and get our gear under Nike; various reasons behind that.

Anyhow, I hope if we DO rebrand under another coach- this is slightly the vision I see for us.

Simplistic in design and dark in use of color- really push the garnet and black as the dominant colors on our uniforms. Take the helmets to a matte/eggshell sheen and go garnet. Single stripe as a nod to our past uniforms but minimal striping otherwise.

Went with "Gamecocks" for our home tops (garnet/black) and "Carolina" to represent on the road. Another nod to our previous uniforms of the 80's and early 90's.

Included home, away, fireant, stormtrooper, and a black alternate top.

Anyhow, nothing drastic but something to look at during the impending offseason. Think I'm going to play around some more with a totally crazy direction next post.

Like it. I am in favor of the three stripes on the helmet though.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #13
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I sure as hell hope we don't switch from UA ... my bank account won't be able to keep up.

Plus, we have a UA deal across the board now, not just Football. It'll be hard pressed for someone to take that over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
I agree with Cack.
cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:21 AM   #14
Luke Skycocker
Git Dat Baw

Male

2011 Football Pickem: 2011 Football Pickem - Given for: 2011 Football Pickem Champ 
CockyCash: 106487138593
Luke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot materialLuke Skycocker is USC mascot material

garnet pants with black jerseys or vice versa looks AWFUL
Old 11-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #15
12+4=6
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 124611065020
12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material12+4=6 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

Love them but I do agree the helmet looks better with the three stripes.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:39 AM   #16
lake-cityCOCK89
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
lake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot materiallake-cityCOCK89 is USC mascot material

We aren't leaving UA nor should we. We are one of Kevin Planks favorite programs to brand and Nike would ignore us just like they do Clemson. Their appearal for fans is terrible.

No Nike.

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #17
Kickerspl80
Too Deep

Male

CockyCash: 10000692
Kickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot materialKickerspl80 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocknblue View Post
That has been part of Ray's sales pitch
Where did you hear that from? Not disputing, just interested in the piece of information in general. Thanks for any response
Old 11-25-2015, 11:19 AM   #18
COCKDIESEL
Could've been a Contender

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 57380000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

We should go against the grain and have Puma make our uni's.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:30 AM   #19
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

Beano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPitBeano Cook rules the CockPit

Personally I'd rather be one of UA's top schools than one of Nike's middle to lower rung schools....I like the UA look as well.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #20
MisterClowney
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Love these Cola. Huge fan of the return to the garnet helmet and doing away with the triple stripe.

I do think they're more traditional than what Nike would actually design for us.
MisterClowney is offline   Reply With Quote