CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Proving Ground

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
NAGamec0ckFan
kingofnerf
TKE226
LegalCock
Spurticus
Captain9Dragons
AR1
Spur's Addiction
The Yancey
Senior Rooster
Uniforms vs Clemson (1652)
Congratulations (1632)
South Carolina (755)
Mike Leach on CFP (683)
This Egg Bowl might (308)
GameDay Kickoff: The (307)
FCC to end net neutr (264)
Tailgating with dogs (196)
PODCAST: Clemson Wee (190)
Do you feel awkward (145)
Uniforms vs Clemson
Coaching carousel: 2017-1
2018 Commitment - Dakereo
Can we run the ball?
2018 - Dorian Gerald
HAPPY TURKEY DAY MY FRIEN
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Clemson opponents avg rec
Mike Leach on CFP
Will USC Score >21 vs

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 06:46 PM   #41
Ironfan
1st Team All-SEC

CockyCash: 200
Ironfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot materialIronfan is USC mascot material
Default Re: 2018 - Master Teague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
Zeus won't make his decision until after the season. A lot can change before then.

Having said that, Clemson is more attractive to NC players, with the exception of the Charlotte area (due to proximity to Columbia). That is because NC kids grow up following the NC teams, and either want to play for them or play against them. And they were not exposed to real (SEC) football, so they do not realize that the ACC does not really play the sport.

So we might have a better chance with Master - he comes from an SEC state and he might not like the in-state options - the seat for Butch might be a little warm by Signing Day. If he still has a seat.
Everything I have read says White is announcing in June
Old 02-10-2017, 06:52 PM   #42
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock4life1 View Post
He was really good. Nowhere in my post did I say he wasn't. I just said he couldn't find a hole to save his life.
That was David Williams that had issues finding holes. 9/10 times Wilds was getting yards, when he didn't it was the O line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovecock View Post
A must get...kid is a beast....I hope we get this guy...
For sure, He has the measurables, and a great name, guaranteed to be a hall of famer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironfan View Post
This kid is big time. He is the back we should make priority #1. He is stronger then 99 out of 100 kids his age and I have read he has 40 times at 4.31. This kid should be our #1 priority. 320 PC, 500 squat. 300+ BP. Are you kidding?
Is that you Todd Ellis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky81691 View Post
Got that info from locals of Scotland County. I'm not going to hold my breath on getting Zeus. He's a Clemson lean, would be great to have him here.
I think Zues is going to be a tough grab for anyone. If USC gets 8 wins they have a solid chance of getting Zues. I still would like for Teague to be in the G&B regardless of Zeus's Decision.

Last edited by rioninusc; 02-10-2017 at 08:35 PM..
Old 02-10-2017, 09:31 PM   #43
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 22544
USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

From what I've read on VolNation, both his parents are highly educated. They will do their homework and won't give the home state schools any preferred points if they aren't right for their son. SC is also within their acceptable distance from home.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:08 PM   #44
ChunkSnackwell
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 10200
ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeCocky81691 View Post
Got that info from locals of Scotland County. I'm not going to hold my breath on getting Zeus. He's a Clemson lean, would be great to have him here.
You stating he's a Clemson lean has nothing to do with whether we're in his top four or not which you stated we weren't which led to you being proven wrong based on info at a verifiable link.

Also -- I'm pretty sure he's more of a UNC lean as opposed to a Clemson lean.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:12 PM   #45
ChunkSnackwell
Game MVP

Male

ChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot materialChunkSnackwell is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock4life1 View Post
He was really good. Nowhere in my post did I say he wasn't. I just said he couldn't find a hole to save his life.
And you'd still be wrong.

Just admit you were thinking of David Williams and move on.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:49 PM   #46
BiscoCocky
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
BiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot materialBiscoCocky is USC mascot material

We need him and J Elliot, I would love to get zues but I dont know of that's in the cards.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:39 AM   #47
BillyHixx
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
BillyHixx has feathers coming inBillyHixx has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkSnackwell View Post
You stating he's a Clemson lean has nothing to do with whether we're in his top four or not which you stated we weren't which led to you being proven wrong based on info at a verifiable link.

Also -- I'm pretty sure he's more of a UNC lean as opposed to a Clemson lean.
Even tony morrell says scar isn't a factor with ZW
Old 02-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #48
ChunkSnackwell
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyHixx View Post
Okay.

And?
Old 02-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #49
6pack
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 10500
6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material6pack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyHixx View Post
Things change. Especially in recruiting.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:28 PM   #50
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2489087
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

I thought this was a Master Teague thread. Now I am confused.(sarcasm)
Old 02-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #51
rioninusc
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000056
rioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot materialrioninusc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
I thought this was a Master Teague thread. Now I am confused.(sarcasm)
Sorry for mentioning that I hope USC could get teague and white, the few tater trolls have to ruin everything for the rest of us.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:19 AM   #52
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiscoCocky View Post
We need him and J Elliot, I would love to get zues but I dont know of that's in the cards.
I think White is concerned about our OL.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:07 AM   #53
beak2
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 5500
beak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPitbeak2 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
As he should be. I do think the OL should improve next year.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #54
seamus
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 2489087
seamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot materialseamus is USC mascot material

Maybe Wolfie should have a sit down with Zues .
Old 02-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #55
Cockygaming
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 950600
Cockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudlyCockygaming is crowing loudly

Zeus has his own thread. This one is for Teague. I know everyone is excited about the possibility of Zeus, but please post those thoughts in his thread. Comparisons are okay, but this is for Teague not Zeus.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:36 PM   #56
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

USCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot materialUSCBaseball is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockygaming View Post
Zeus has his own thread. This one is for Teague. I know everyone is excited about the possibility of Zeus, but please post those thoughts in his thread. Comparisons are okay, but this is for Teague not Zeus.

We have a very good chance at this young man.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #57
Ace Dilcock
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 11967
Ace Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot materialAce Dilcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three and Out View Post
That does not make sense. If O Line is a main consideration, Clemson should not be getting a whiff.

Hopefully Master understands football a little better. All he has to do is look at our ability to run the ball versus Clemson in 2016 and in 2017.
Old 02-14-2017, 03:24 AM   #58
Three and Out
Bowl MVP

Male

Three and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot materialThree and Out is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dilcock View Post
That does not make sense. If O Line is a main consideration, Clemson should not be getting a whiff.

Hopefully Master understands football a little better. All he has to do is look at our ability to run the ball versus Clemson in 2016 and in 2017.
While 2017 surely matters, Clemson has had and is likely to have a better OL than us in 2017. And they have a trophy. I do think we are in pretty good shape with Teague, but not White.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:30 PM   #59
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 5200
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

CB to good guys from John Whittle
Old 02-15-2017, 12:37 PM   #60
USCBaseball
Blue Chip

Male

According to 24/7, Master is close in size to Zeus, but maybe faster. We have a legitimate shot at this young man coming to SC. We should start paying more attention to what's going on with him!
Closed Thread